• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
PaZel

Personal Dilemma

Rate this topic

In the Fall I'll be heading to college and am extremely nervous about missing all the Red Wings action live! Of course, I can still keep track of how they're doing, and get in game feedback through different sports applications that give you up to the minute feedback (or at least close to it) but I'm curious if there are any recommended or strong websites that broadcast the Red Wings games live all season long! If necessary i'll head to restaurants around the area to watch the game, but I can only do that so often due to the fact that I, like every other college student, will be piss broke. I really don't know what I would do if I'm forced to take a leave of absence from watching my team, any suggestions are welcomed!

Guest Crymson

In the Fall I'll be heading to college and am extremely nervous about missing all the Red Wings action live! Of course, I can still keep track of how they're doing, and get in game feedback through different sports applications that give you up to the minute feedback (or at least close to it) but I'm curious if there are any recommended or strong websites that broadcast the Red Wings games live all season long! If necessary i'll head to restaurants around the area to watch the game, but I can only do that so often due to the fact that I, like every other college student, will be piss broke. I really don't know what I would do if I'm forced to take a leave of absence from watching my team, any suggestions are welcomed!

http://www.hockeystreams.com

They're affordable and they stream every NHL game.

You can go to a place like a Friday's, Applebee's, or something, sit at the bar, and order a lemonade or a Coke. Free refills, and you just spent like 2 bucks to watch the game. If you want food, there are always cheap options such as just getting an appetizer.

Thanks a lot for all the info guys! I was really worried about not being able to watch 'em play this year but I'll check out some of these sites and will find something that I like! Again, thanks for all the info!

Like others have said, there are plenty of options, the pay ones being the more reliable (and honest) options. Fear not. I've lived in California for 12 years, and haven't been forced to miss more than a handful of games I wanted to watch in all that time.

Guest Shoreline

For once I actually like eva's idea, although myp2p.eu is another good alternative, another is making friends and watching at their house, occasionally pitching in for beer.

For watching online, it's not going to be 100% perfect every time, but Hockeystreams is a solid (and fairly cheap) investment for a season's worth.

I've watched as well on free sites as well, pretty much others have mentioned those sites already.

Also another plug-in for myp2p.eu as well, that's also reliable.

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned LGW's own unofficial home-grown Wings-only streaming...I'm not going to post specifics publicly. Its always been high-quality and reliable. During the playoffs this year after the Wings bowed out, I used myp2p.eu, which worked well once I sifted through loads of sub-par streams and found a decent one.

Would y'all recommend Hockeystreams over CenterIce that NHL.com offers? I am too looking into getting into a subscription service where I can watch all the games. I live in the south and there are too many hockey games let alone Red Wings games broadcasted down here.

Guest Crymson

Would y'all recommend Hockeystreams over CenterIce that NHL.com offers? I am too looking into getting into a subscription service where I can watch all the games. I live in the south and there are too many hockey games let alone Red Wings games broadcasted down here.

Gamecenter has better quality, but Hockeystreams is substantially cheaper. I bought 12 months for $60. Center Ice costs $165 for a season.

Guest Shoreline

Personally I don't give much favour to the quality of either. GameCentre's streams are s***ty at HD, which adequately describes Hockeystreams as well. That's why it sucks right now for those not able to park their butts in front of the couch and see some top quality cable/satellite 720p/1080p (screw 1080i) hockey. The quality and consistency of HDTV streams to me is (still) second to none at the moment.

Subscribe to hockeystreams and use their slow/low quality streams, or just use myp2p.eu or if that LGW poster is still streaming freely for other members use him.

I really don't like the fact that this is not directly going through the channels of people who broadcast it but they give horrendous options and need some competition.

Edited by Shoreline

Guest Crymson

Personally I don't give much favour to the quality of either. GameCentre's streams are s***ty at HD, which adequately describes Hockeystreams as well. That's why it sucks right now for those not able to park their butts in front of the couch and see some top quality cable/satellite 720p/1080p (screw 1080i) hockey. The quality and consistency of HDTV streams to me is (still) second to none at the moment.

Subscribe to hockeystreams and use their slow/low quality streams, or just use myp2p.eu or if that LGW poster is still streaming freely for other members use him.

I really don't like the fact that this is not directly going through the channels of people who broadcast it but they give horrendous options and need some competition.

I have found that hockeystreams is generally very good; certainly it is infinitely better than the myp2p options.

I have found that hockeystreams is generally very good; certainly it is infinitely better than the myp2p options.

I agree on hockeystreams as well. I like it a lot and I stream it on the TV right next to me. I used to pay for NHL Gamecenter a couple years ago and NHL Center Ice for about 3 years before that, but its cheaper to use Hockeystreams. Plus, they have other hockey games and events.

I was away one summer and needed a reliable way to watch the games. I was sketched out by hockeystreams.com and didn't want to leave a paper trail with them. So I got a gift credit card from the bank and used it to by a subscription to the playoffs. Worked out great.

If you want to be sure about it... You can buy a sling box for about 200 bucks and set it up so you can stream your parents home tv to you...

Makes sure that you can see whatever games are available to you at home via the internet.

I've used hockeystreams, myp2p, and the mysterious LGW stream. Personally, I didn't think hockeystreams was worthwhile when the other two options were available. I usually stream to my tv, and sometimes have a game on the tv and computer.

For most games I watch (60+ Wings, 100+ other teams a season), I can usually find a good stream on myp2p. While there are a lot of low quality streams, there are a few decent ones for the more popular teams (Toronto, NY, Wings, etc). Hockeystreams' quality is better than most of these, but not worth the money to me (paying for illegal streams of slightly lower quality).

If you can afford Center Ice, I would suggest it since there 'preview' streams have been excellent for me. Be careful of blackout restrictions though, as you may miss many of the games you want to see. I wish (although I understand and agree with the current policy from the NHL's standpoint) there was a way to buy a 'blackoutless' Center Ice package, since many of us (or maybe just me?) choose not to have cable.

I've used hockeystreams, myp2p, and the mysterious LGW stream. Personally, I didn't think hockeystreams was worthwhile when the other two options were available. I usually stream to my tv, and sometimes have a game on the tv and computer.

For most games I watch (60+ Wings, 100+ other teams a season), I can usually find a good stream on myp2p. While there are a lot of low quality streams, there are a few decent ones for the more popular teams (Toronto, NY, Wings, etc). Hockeystreams' quality is better than most of these, but not worth the money to me (paying for illegal streams of slightly lower quality).

I may be doing this when this season starts up. I am going to give Hockeystreams a good shot to retain my business with all the extra stuff they are doing. They are going to a lot of 720p quality games. Still, I am going to try myp2p out this year a little more than I have in previous years. If it will save me $90 a year, I will do it.

I may be doing this when this season starts up. I am going to give Hockeystreams a good shot to retain my business with all the extra stuff they are doing. They are going to a lot of 720p quality games. Still, I am going to try myp2p out this year a little more than I have in previous years. If it will save me $90 a year, I will do it.

For how I watch games, myp2p is the best. I'm usually studying and/or reading and not paying attention the entire time (unless I'm watching a big Wings game, I usually use the announcers voice to get me to watch big plays), so the quality doesn't need to be excellent. Most myp2p streams work for this, and the other (LGW) stream is usually excellent quality.

It's certainly a personal preference. There are myp2p streams that match hockeystreams quality, but not for every game. IMO Center Ice beats then both, but at a price. For anyone considering hockeystreams, I would suggest trying myp2p first to see if it meets your needs. If you're going to watch through sites that pirate the game, you have nothing to lose by trying the free option first.

FWIW if blackouts wouldn't make me miss so many games I watch, Center Ice would be my choice. It supports the NHL and with cable you get every game at the highest quality. Unfortunately, getting Center Ice would require me to also get cable, which I wouldn't use much outside of hockey. I don't think Center Ice is overpriced for the product, but the requirement to have cable is a deal breaker for me.

Did hockeystreams go down this year a few times? When I was a member a couple years ago, the site got overloaded a few nights. This pushed me to use myp2p, and I've become accustomed to using it since. If hockeystreams were more stable, I would consider it again.

Just throwing this out for those times when you can't find a stream: Once upon a yesteryear, I had the slowest dial-up on the planet and couldn't stream. I found that the games could always be streamed on the radio, albeit with a few second delay. It's not the same, but it's a pretty good "plan b" and better than nothing.