• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,424 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 10:55 AM

My advice is that you look at Hockeystreams or Myp2p.eu for streaming. I think Hockeystreams is worth it at $90 a year plus all the extras you get and how easy it is. At the same time though, I am going to try Myp2p.eu this year instead of paying. Its not as intuitive, but the streams of Baseball and other sporting events are very nice. I will be interested to see the quality of the hockey games.

I think I touched on this in my other post, but I'll reiterate here. For the first week(s) I suggest trying all/most of the available streams for a game and make a note of the better ones. Most of the streamers do games every day (or multiple games a day), and it's really helpful to have a list of the better streams on hand. Therefore, you rarely have to go through all the available streams to find the highest quality. I think a lot of people who try myp2p just use the first link they see, not knowing the quality varies between streams.

It sounds really simple, but the idea didn't strike me for a while and searching through streams at game-time can be frustrating.

#42 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:11 AM

GameCenter sucks. Center Ice sucks. I talked to Directv recently and they did confirm to me that for Center Ice, they don't have dedicated channels they pipe feeds to, but instead they unlock (or un-blackout) the regional channels the game is shown on. I currently have TWC and buy Center Ice every year, but I only get the feeds they choose to pipe through the the NHL/MLB pay channels. Directv would unblock FSD in both SD and HD. Hence, Directv will soon be getting my business.

I can for one say that a certain feed I get for free is better than the SD crap I pay $200/yr for. Any kind of video you are streaming on the Internet is going to be susceptible to lag or glitching, but sure beats looking behind the net for a puck after a shot since you can't see the damn thing to begin with in SD.

Center Ice is awesome. It sounds like the problem is with your local carrier. I have Directv and have gotten the center ice package several times. It's been great.

#43 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:18 AM

Center Ice is awesome. It sounds like the problem is with your local carrier. I have Directv and have gotten the center ice package several times. It's been great.

Yeah, I'd always tune in when they offered the free pass and never had a problem on DirecTV.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#44 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,022 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:05 PM

I should have been more specific. My experience with Center Ice through Time Warner and InDemand sucks. As stated, I will soon be moving to Directv so I can see what they have to offer. I hope it's what I expect.

For the price of GameCenter Live, I was not impressed. That was two years ago and I don't know if the quality has improved, but I would choose CI over GCL, as I have the last two seasons. No DVR is a big kicker there too. Live Internet streams are never as good as a provider, they are subject to too many variables.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#45 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,744 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:02 PM

I should have been more specific. My experience with Center Ice through Time Warner and InDemand sucks. As stated, I will soon be moving to Directv so I can see what they have to offer. I hope it's what I expect.

For the price of GameCenter Live, I was not impressed. That was two years ago and I don't know if the quality has improved, but I would choose CI over GCL, as I have the last two seasons. No DVR is a big kicker there too. Live Internet streams are never as good as a provider, they are subject to too many variables.

Gamecenter Live is much better than it was back then. Still, check out the free preview at the beginning of the season. I think its worth it if you have the coin.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain