29 replies to this topic

#1 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:32 PM

TSN.

Does this story provide answers to questions or does it provide more questions to be answered?

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#2 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:37 PM

They can downplay it all they want, when there's smoke, there's fire and there's enough smoke from this story to make smoke signals...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#3 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,545 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:17 PM

My brothers fiancÚ told me she'd heard somewhere that there were also drugs and a very odd shower scene involved.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic | | Mike Grier? |

#4 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:28 PM

My brothers fiancÚ told me she'd heard somewhere that there were also drugs and a very odd shower scene involved.

There's nothing odd about a Devil's 3-way. :ph34r:

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#5 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,942 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:41 PM

I'm not understanding. They wanted some guys to stop drinking for a month and these guys didn't want to? I don't blame them. I sometimes go months at a time without drinking, but I wouldn't want to be held to it.

And I don't get the shower thing. Did that happen or is that a funny comment? Cuz I laughed and now I'm not sure if I should have.

#6 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,770 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:43 PM

This has to be the dumbest story I have ever heard. I really think someone has to be trying to make a mountain out of a molehill here. Its not like these guys are party animals and giving the club a bad name. There is no fire here. Heck, there isn't even any smoke here. What we have is someone said something, and the press is taking off with it. To make matters worse, the press isn't even looking at the validity of the story.

Edited by Nightfall, 27 July 2011 - 02:43 PM.

Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#7 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,545 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:47 PM

And I don't get the shower thing. Did that happen or is that a funny comment? Cuz I laughed and now I'm not sure if I should have.

Sure it happened. I heard that Carter will have scars for the rest of his life, but they're in a place where few can see them. Flyers' physiotherapist who stepped into the shower inadvertently at the wrong time had to take two months off and he's still regularly seeing a psychotherapist.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic | | Mike Grier? |

#8 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 06:00 PM

If partying and discipline in the locker room was such an issue for the Flyers,why ffs they've sign Jagr :ph34r:

#9 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 06:10 PM

If partying and discipline in the locker room was such an issue for the Flyers,why ffs they've sign Jagr :ph34r:

Because Pronger doesn't want him not on the team?

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#10 LidstromIsASuperhero

LidstromIsASuperhero

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:50 PM

Whatever. Whether they liked to drink or not, they were still the best players on the team. I wouldn't want a coach telling me how to live my life either. I bet in time they willl be glad they got traded away. LA will be better than philly next year anyway.

#11 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:55 PM

If you're not partying, you're not trying!

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#12 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:15 PM

I wonder if Richards will have access to an even more intense night life in LA and if that will really make him lose focus on hockey.

#13 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,342 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:03 AM

The whole not drinking for a month thing is silly. There's a difference between having a beer or a glass of wine at dinner and getting absolutely hammered the night before a game.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#14 GSBrooks13

GSBrooks13

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:13 AM

There's nothing odd about a Devil's 3-way. :ph34r:

"Push the dirt off your jersey then go for the cup or the trophy or the ring, champion no matter what."

#15 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:19 AM

And some people wanted us to sign Upshall . . .

#16 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,342 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:25 AM

And some people wanted us to sign Upshall . . .

Or trade for Carter.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#17 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 05:45 PM

I am surprised at almost everyone thinking it's not a big deal they didn't take part. Obviously people will get wind of a story and it will become a small game of broken telephone, but don't fool yourself there was indeed a story for the wind to blow. When the your new head coach (Laviolette) ask's "team" to take part in a "dry island" experiment there are 2 important things to consider...

... 1- The coach see's an issue (which could be a number of things in this scenerio) and thinks he has a solution through a team building exercise.
2- The Captain and Assistant Captian choose not to take part in the exercise displaying, imo, very juvenile and self righteous attitudes.

If I was Peter Laviolette new to a dressing room and my two top players, not to mention "leaders" choose not to participate, I would have cursed those two f***ers under my breath for sure.

Edited by 13dangledangle, 30 July 2011 - 11:20 PM.

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#18 ami

ami

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:58 PM

...Laviolette new to a dreesing room and my two top players, not to mention "leaders" choose not to participate, I would have cursed those two f***ers under my breath for sure.

don't you think, you (if you were Laviolette) should talk to your captain and alternate captain first and then come up publicly with that stupidest idea only if they are in?

#19 ComradeWasabi

ComradeWasabi

the abdelgator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:03 AM

don't you think, you (if you were Laviolette) should talk to your captain and alternate captain first and then come up publicly with that stupidest idea only if they are in?

I doubt that Laviolette would have gone for this "dry island" idea if he hadn't tried to talk to Richards and Carter first. I'll bet he tried, and didn't get through, and then tried to send a message - only for Carter and Richards to ignore the entire idea. Sounds like good reason to ship them out of town to me.
QUOTE (thedisappearer @ December 13, 2008 - 10:13AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, we're dogpiling on the goalie sammy Hudler the defense the refs league bias against us coaching now? Ok.

Babcock is lazy and he sucks!

#20 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:41 AM

Part of Dean Lombardi's job description now includes the title of "Baggage Handler".

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.