Photo
- - - - -

Support a Great Cause and a Great Person!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mason

Mason

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:17 PM

Hello everyone,

I know I don't post much on here, but I have been a devoted reader for years. I really hope this doesn't sound like I'm trying to panhandle you guys but I'm trying to promote a really great cause.

My girlfriend's mother was recently diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. It is inoperable. I have started a team to raise funds for breast cancer research and awareness in an upcoming breast cancer benefit walk. I am doing this because I recently lost my grandmother to cancer, and now my girlfriend who I love very much is watching her mother battle breast cancer. I feel like I need to do my part to help the overall problem as well as to provide support and motivation to Mrs. De La Torre and her wonderful family. They are truly incredible and kind people.

I am focused on the number of donations, not the amount of money. So please... if you could spare a moment of your time to donate a dollar or two then that would be very greatly appreciated by both me and the De La Torre family.

The link to donate is:

https://secure3.conv...1&PROXY_TYPE=20

Thank you all so much for reading this.

Mason Olah

#2 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,698 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:03 AM

Best wishes to your family and your girlfriend's family. My grandma had breast cancer as well. My friend organizes a walk for life each year. It's a great cause.

Money on the board:  Current total: 0

$1 for a goal by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster.  An additional $5 for a series-clinching goal scored by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster. $5 if the other team fails to score against a current Wing goalie after whom I have named a hamster.

Hamsters I have had:  (current Wings highlighted)

Henrik Pavel Tomas Nicklas Dominik

Niklas Matthew Daniel Robert

Johan Andreas Valtteri Jonathan

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

Jordin Damien Gustav James

#3 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 11:49 AM

Done, just donated. :)

#4 Mason

Mason

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 12:26 PM

Done, just donated. :)

Thank you so much, Jack! Much appreciated by me and the family!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users