• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedFX

New Guys' Jersey Numbers

Rate this topic

So if you're drunk and you're watching Exelby, and then White skates up, you'll think you're seeing 33 and 18 again, and you'll be looking out for a Mac, but there won't even be a Commodore 64 on the ice.

Then you'll have to drink more or sober up.

Yuck i am mot going to like ian white on the sole fact that he is wearing Maltbys number, lol.Thats going to be weird, love or hate Maltby, 18 is his number. I know the wings would never retire it or anything, and im in noway suggesting they do.so, but i dont like a new comer coming in and taking it haha. Im sure white will be a decent player for us, and we will all like him, buy couldny he pick a different number? Did he always wear 18? I cant remember him wearing it before bit i could ne wrong.

Aa for Liljas number 3 and lebdas 22, give them to whoever wants them and hope they can improve on the reputation of those numbers haha

I'd like to see Ian White wear #3, Conks #29, and Commodore either #22 or #64.

Edit: Looks like White is already #18.....that's weird, seeing how he's worn #7 with the Leafs, #3 with the Flames, #7 with the Canes, and #9 with the Sharks.

Edited by Hockeytown0001

Edit: Looks like White is already #18.....that's weird, seeing how he's worn #7 with the Leafs, #3 with the Flames, #7 with the Canes, and #9 with the Sharks.

Maybe 9 is his preferred number and he chose to double it?

i think it's all too obvious:

ian white hates kirk maltby.

I think you get used to new players in old numbers the longer you watch the team. I started watching around the time when #30 was Greg Stefan and #5 was Darren Veitch.

And I swear it took me a couple seasons not to think Datsyuk was Slava Kozlov, especially given their somewhat similar style of play. Seeing Chelios wear #24 in the Winged Wheel was odd too. I kept wanting him to beat the snot out of people.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

has there ever been a 41 before?

Ed Mio, Brent Gilchrist, Ray Whitney, Valtteri Filppula

According to this list on detroitredwings.com the only numbers that have never been used by a Red Wing are: 49, 50, 53, 54, 56 - 70, 73 - 76, 78 - 80, 83, 84, 86, 87, 88, 89, 92, 94, 97, 98, and 99.

Ed Mio, Brent Gilchrist, Ray Whitney, Valtteri Filppula

According to this list on detroitredwings.com the only numbers that have never been used by a Red Wing are: 49, 50, 53, 54, 56 - 70, 73 - 76, 78 - 80, 83, 84, 86, 87, 88, 89, 92, 94, 97, 98, and 99.

Ilari, but ya i hear ya. (edit: nm im retarded, he was 15)

kinda surprised i forgot about gilchrist and whitney.

Edited by Din758

I think you get used to new players in old numbers the longer you watch the team. I started watching around the time when #30 was Greg Stefan and #5 was Darren Veitch.

And I swear it took me a couple seasons not to think Datsyuk was Slava Kozlov, especially given their somewhat similar style of play. Seeing Chelios wear #24 in the Winged Wheel was odd too. I kept wanting him to beat the snot out of people.

The Datsyuk/Kozlov #13 through me off for a while too. They even kind of skated the same way.