Why couldn't it be Homer???
Posted Image

#22 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

GooZe! Z Jr. ~ Acting Captain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,013 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:17 PM

my vote goes to Helm followed by Kronwall.

This offseason will determine whether Ken Holland should still be employed with the Wings organization.

Please put Smith on the Power Play!

#23 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,453 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:19 PM

This is the sort of thing that would make me worry about having Kronwall having an 'A', but the quote someone posted above seems to suggest that at least the players believe he's progressing with his leadership.

I'm almost 100% positive that he only wore the A for one game. No more than a handful.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#24 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:43 PM

As teams are only allowed two A's per game, I wouldn't be shocked to see Homer wearing one a few times this season, as it's likely his last year. But his "wonderful" command of the language kind of prevents him from communicating with officials, which is kind of necessary for the job.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#25 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:01 PM

Kronwall or Filppula. Doesn't matter to me.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#26 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:09 PM

Posted Image

that looks like it hurts.
Posted Image

#27 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:15 PM

that looks like it hurts.

What? That player on the picture? Sure. Just ask Ryan Clowe.

Edited by P. Marlowe, 28 July 2011 - 02:57 PM.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#28 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:29 PM

Stuart. I was really impressed with his (few) appearances in interviews last season. Seems to be very well spoken for a hockey player, and I've read reports that he's an important locker room presence. My second choice would be Kronwall.

when has Helm ever not given 100%? Sometimes, last year it felt like he was the only one on the team willing to skate.

Yeah, I've never heard a single fan accuse Helm of ever sitting a shift out. Until now.

Edited by VM1138, 28 July 2011 - 02:29 PM.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#29 legaleaglewingsfan

legaleaglewingsfan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:39 PM

I think Homer speaks pretty good English. Homer Speaks I think this is from a couple years ago too since they are talking about the Sweden beginning of the season trip. And lets face it, Pavs isnt exactly a natural speaker.

#30 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,001 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:41 PM

Kronwall or Filppula. Doesn't matter to me.

Sorry but, lol @ Helm. After Pav and Z it'll be one of these two. I remember Fil sporting the A in the preseason last season, so he's definitely high on the list. It likely goes:

Pav/Z
Kronner
Filppula
Cleary
Stuart

However, I don't envision Babcock rotating a third A at all. It'll be Nick as the Captain (duh) and then Pav and Z will have the A's, unless they're injured.

Edited by Z and D for the C, 28 July 2011 - 02:43 PM.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#31 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,453 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:45 PM

You'd think this picture would trigger whatever memory I may or may not have of Kronwall with an A but nope. Oh well. I mean, I believe it but I just can't remember it. The only times I remember him having an A are during pre-season games where Cleary and Fil would have them too.

But I know for sure that picture is from this past year because of that CCM stick. I'm pretty sure it was this past year where he switched from Bauer to CCM.

I'm almost 100% positive that he only wore the A for one game. No more than a handful.

All right, I got curious and compared games late in the season where Draper and Datsyuk were both out while Kronwall was in and finally figured out the game in question. There's a reason you don't remember it, because the thing that everyone remembers from that game is the fact that the Red Wings went up against the St. Louis Rams and lost by a touchdown.

Posted Image

http://redwings.nhl....on=/photos&pg=3

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#32 xault

xault

Draftee

• 6 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 05:24 PM

I went to game 2 vs PHX when Z was out and I think I seen Kronwall with the A then. So I'm pretty sure if anyone it will be him.

#33 FireCaptain

FireCaptain

Whaddya mean I can't beat BOSTON?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:43 PM

..because it would take him 15 minutes to skate from the front of the net to the penalty box area to chat with the ref about the penalties..

zing, I'll be here all week. Try the veal.

:rolleyes:

Most nights, my posts are brought to you by Heineken and sarcasm.
Success has a thousand fathers, failure is an orphan.
We not score, is hard to win. - Pavel Datsyuk #13

#34 Jedi

Jedi

Fire and Blood

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,780 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:46 PM

All right, I got curious and compared games late in the season where Draper and Datsyuk were both out while Kronwall was in and finally figured out the game in question. There's a reason you don't remember it, because the thing that everyone remembers from that game is the fact that the Red Wings went up against the St. Louis Rams and lost by a touchdown.

Ah yes... I remember those times... Good times... Good times...

...no, wait...

bdc4.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls..."

#35 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:50 PM

Speaking of Kronwall, somebody needs to show him this list.

http://sports.yahoo....?urn=nhl-wp9802

Perhaps a little motivation for him.

#36 CenterIce

CenterIce

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:00 PM

Speaking of Kronwall, somebody needs to show him this list.

http://sports.yahoo....?urn=nhl-wp9802

Perhaps a little motivation for him.

The rotation was started because Babcock felt that Datsyuk was deserving of an A, and they wanted to reflect that. I don't think we will see a rotation now with Draper retired.

#37 number9

number9

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:52 AM

uh mule? i vote franzen for the A

#38 ricky0034

ricky0034

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:16 AM

The rotation was started because Babcock felt that Datsyuk was deserving of an A, and they wanted to reflect that. I don't think we will see a rotation now with Draper retired.

unless Babcock feels the same way about Kronwall deserving an A as he did about Datsyuk deserving one back then

which is entirely possible given some of those quotes

#39 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:22 AM

uh mule? i vote franzen for the A

I would give him the 'A' if it would make him work hard every shift, but I wouldn't give him the 'A' because he doesn't work hard every shift.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#40 Wing Across The Pond

Wing Across The Pond

Gabriel's Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 742 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 05:17 AM

when has Helm ever not given 100%? Sometimes, last year it felt like he was the only one on the team willing to skate.

Very true actually, I guess he just skates so hard that he gets tired every now and then and has to skate at 'normal people speed' :P plus he has to compete with his performances in 2008 and 2009 when he was a beast

Posted Image

Check out my blog -The Heid-Out- a cynical mans take on everyday life