Assistant Captains

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 Raise The Cup

Raise The Cup

Draftee

• 3 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:04 AM

It looks like Kronwall will get the nod. I still feel that Pasha should be next in line for Captain even though the general consensus is picking Hank.

#42 kbennett

kbennett

Draftee

• 2 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 11:38 PM

Most people won't remember Kronwall wearing the A on his jersey because most people turned the tv off it was against the blues when we got destroyed

#43 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 11:19 AM

It should be Kronwall who is next for an A on his jersey.

agreed.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#44 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 11:30 AM

also, homer won't get it because the refs hate homer..

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#45 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

Hall-of-Famer

• HoF Booster
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 12:16 PM

also, homer won't get it because the refs hate homer..

And because the refs can't understand Homer. Hell, hardly anybody can understand Homer. :lol:

#46 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 12:44 PM

And because the refs can't understand Homer. Hell, hardly anybody can understand Homer. :lol:

fact: only lids can

#47 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 03:22 PM

Just to echo what other people here have said, I'd like to see Kronwall wear the A full-time now that Drapes has retired. I believe he's more than earned it during his time here. I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, and if so I apologize for asking again, but is there some rule that states you have to have a certain number of full-time alternate/assistant captains? I would imagine there's a cap, otherwise what's to stop a team from outfitting their entire roster with letters, but if the Wings went with the scenario below, would that be acceptable?

C - Nick
A - Hank
A - Pavs
A - Kronner

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#48 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,545 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:40 PM

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, and if so I apologize for asking again, but is there some rule that states you have to have a certain number of full-time alternate/assistant captains? I would imagine there's a cap, otherwise what's to stop a team from outfitting their entire roster with letters, but if the Wings went with the scenario below, would that be acceptable?

I think the only rule is that teams have to name one captain and two assistant for each game. No more, no less. I don't think the rules have anything against it if a team wants to have different captains every game.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic | | Mike Grier? |

#49 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,940 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:22 PM

From the official rulebook (portion of interest bolded):

Rule 6 - Captain and Alternate Captains

6.1 Captain - One Captain shall be appointed by each team, and he alone shall have the privilege of discussing with the Referee any questions relating to interpretation of rules which may arise during the progress of a game. He shall wear the letter “C,” approximately three inches (3'') in height and in contrasting color, in a conspicuous position on the front of his sweater. No co-Captains are permitted. Either one Captain and no more than two Alternate Captains, or no Captain and no more than three Alternate Captains are permitted (see 6.2).

Only the Captain, when invited to do so by the Referee, shall have the privilege of discussing any point relating to the interpretation of rules. Any Captain, Alternate Captain or any player who comes off the bench and makes any protest or intervention with the officials for any purpose shall be assessed a minor penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct under Rule 40 – Abuse of Officials. Should this protest continue, he may be assessed a misconduct penalty, and if it further continues, a game misconduct penalty shall be warranted.

A complaint about a penalty is NOT a matter “relating to the interpretation of the rules” and a minor penalty shall be imposed against any Captain, Alternate Captain or any other player making such a complaint.

The Referee and Official Scorer shall be advised, prior to the start of each game, the name of the Captain and the Alternate Captains of both teams.

No playing Coach or playing Manager or goalkeeper shall be permitted to act as Captain or Alternate Captain.

6.2 Alternate Captains – If the permanent Captain is not on the ice, Alternate Captains (not more than two) shall be accorded the privileges of the Captain. Alternate Captains shall wear the letter “A” approximately three inches (3'') in height and in contrasting color, in a conspicuous position on the front of their sweaters.

Edited by 55fan, 31 July 2011 - 09:23 PM.

#50 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 03:35 PM

Okay, so then Kronner would only be a part-time alternate captain, if either Nick, Pavs, or Hank were injured. Gotcha. Thanks to you both.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#51 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,940 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:48 AM

There can only be three total (1C+2A or 3A) per game. If Kronner gets the A, they'd take turns like they did with Drapes.

Technically, you could have 3 different guys each game, although that would be silly.

#52 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,280 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:55 AM

Posted Image

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman