• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

Zach Parise

Rate this topic

The Devils just put in a one year deal with Zach, meaning he will be UFA next year...

The Production Line tweeted half jokingly that him and Weber were coming to the Wings next year (e5) lol right?

But joking aside, this is a possiblity that he get traded for this year, maybe at the deadline... We can fit his 6 million in if we clear just a little bit of space, and this talk of wanting another true top six forward could be satisfied by this.

Just a half joke... but there is enough here to assume that Holland might go after him, if the price is right.

I would love to have him. Hated playing against him when I played at Culver and he played at Shattuck. Differences aside. I think he's a top player who would fit extremely well anywhere on our top 2 lines. Although Lou is saying they are working on a multi year deal as we speak, so highly unlikely but I guess not impossible....

While I know that they're trying to dump his salary, I would expect them to want a top 6 at the very least (that has much less of a cap hit) so they can remain in contention. The only way I'd say they'd want just draft picks or prospects is if they were completely out of the race, like last year.

I've read some things about NYR fans wanting Parise, and they have the room to do it at the moment as far as I know, but does anyone have any knowledge on any contracts they'd need to sign for next year? I feel like at least one of their contracts is due to expire and they certainly wouldn't be able to afford everyone they have without dumping someone of worth.

I understand the possible financial concerns. But, to me, that doesn't change my disagreement with you saying all they want is draft picks. Draft picks, other than maybe top 5 in a given year, take time to develop. If they truly need to shed salary then it won't just stop with Parise. They will need NHL ready prospects in return (as well as draft picks).

Parise won't be traded. Not until the offseason when they will consider trading his negotiating rights.

Not trying blast you, but you should cite your sources.

Spectors

NEW YORK POST: Mark Everson reports sources are saying GMs inquiring into the availability of New Jersey Devils captain Zach Parise are being told he’s not going to be dealt at the trade deadline. It’s believed if the Devils aren’t able to re-sign him by June, they’ll shop his rights to a team that wants a shot at signing him prior to July 1st, when he becomes eligible for UFA status.
Edited by wingsdiehard13

Ok, I probably should, but I receive a lot of this info over the phone. I don't usually check it on the web unless it's not as credible. Thanks for putting that link in though.

Makes sense! I hate sourcing via phone (that's usually where I get my stuff as well). Most posters around here are super skeptical until they see a link.

That would be horrible over payment on our part.

agreed 100% . that trade would be one of the worst over payments in history...

I say we wait until the offseason to get him as a UFA...hes not worth giving up any of our prospects, just to have him leave in July.