• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Majsheppard

Weber Arbitration hearing...

Rate this topic

There saying Weber got 7.5m from arbitration. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Not much else to happen this year. From an NHL.com article someone posted earlier, Nashville has to accept this, since they initiated the case. I think this barely gets them to the floor, and they would still have a couple of roster spots available.

7.5mill is more than i expected

Well they better pay up or theyre f***ed. they got good momentum coming out of this last season too. it would be devastating to lose him.

Well they better pay up or theyre f***ed. they got good momentum coming out of this last season too. it would be devastating to lose him.

Well, if they walk they better lock up Suter and Rinne real quick like.

but you know, all momentum may have been destroyed as soon as they traded for Lebda. :ph34r:

Edited by e_prime

Guest echos myron

Well, if they walk they better lock up Suter and Rinne real quick like.

they can't walk away from it

beaten to it

Edited by echos myron

they can't walk away from it

beaten to it

I stand corrected?? It is totally not clear in the CBA that it stands that way.

Read the bolded. Doesn't that read to you the team can still walk away?

12.6. Walk-Away Rights.

(a) If a Club has elected to arbitrate a one year contract,

and the award issued is for $550,000 or more per annum, then the

Club may, within 72 hours after the award of the Arbitrator is

issued (or if a Club has any other player still eligible for

salary arbitration at that time and for whom a decision has not

been rendered by an Arbitrator at that time, and the Club still

has a walk-away right available to it in such League Year

pursuant to paragraph (d) below, 72 hours after the award of the

Arbitrator for such other player is issued), notify the player,

the NHLPA and the NHL in writing that it does not intend to

tender to the player a Player Contract based on the award as

determined by the Arbitrator. Upon receipt of that notice, the

player shall automatically be deemed to be an Unrestricted Free

Agent, subject to the provisions of paragraphs © and (d) below.

For the record, I'm not saying that you guys are wrong that the club can't walk away... but I'd love some clarity.

Edited by e_prime

I stand corrected?? It is totally not clear in the CBA that it stands that way.

Read the bolded. Doesn't that read to you the team can still walk away?

12.6. Walk-Away Rights.

(a) If a Club has elected to arbitrate a one year contract,

and the award issued is for $550,000 or more per annum, then the

Club may, within 72 hours after the award of the Arbitrator is

issued (or if a Club has any other player still eligible for

salary arbitration at that time and for whom a decision has not

been rendered by an Arbitrator at that time, and the Club still

has a walk-away right available to it in such League Year

pursuant to paragraph (d) below, 72 hours after the award of the

Arbitrator for such other player is issued), notify the player,

the NHLPA and the NHL in writing that it does not intend to

tender to the player a Player Contract based on the award as

determined by the Arbitrator. Upon receipt of that notice, the

player shall automatically be deemed to be an Unrestricted Free

Agent, subject to the provisions of paragraphs © and (d) below.

For the record, I'm not saying that the club can't walk away... I'd love some clarity.

It looks pretty clear to me that Nashville can walk away. However, they still have 15.6 mil of cap space available and walking away would be retarded. I think Nashville was just trying to get Weber on the cheap, which backfired (still they did save 1 million).

Oops. I though the 15.6 million was without signing Weber, but that's WITH Weber. I couldn't imagine if the Wings had that kind of cap space.

Edited by Dave

http://www.nhl.com/i...od-rr-headlines

its all over. well we can always make a stab at him next year (though theyll prolly just take him to arb again), or go for suter. 7.5 mill is alot of money

My guess is that they lock him up long term before the deadline, or trade him for a RANSOM at the deadline... one way or another, he will never see FA or arbitration again... if they took him to arbitration again, I'm sure the NHLPA could file a grievance and would probably win since he'll be so close to 27 and it's such an extenuating circumstance...

Interesting. Everything I had seen said they could walk, but someone posted an NHL.com article saying they couldn't since the team brought it. This makes it look like they can walk. Don't think they will, especially now they are cap compliant.

My guess is that they lock him up long term before the deadline, or trade him for a RANSOM at the deadline... one way or another, he will never see FA or arbitration again... if they took him to arbitration again, I'm sure the NHLPA could file a grievance and would probably win since he'll be so close to 27 and it's such an extenuating circumstance...

To my understanding the team cannot take him to arbitration again as they have already done so. Weber could take them to arbitration however if he wanted. At that point the team could elect to walk away from the offer.

As for if he can walk away or not this year it is a little confusing, I would however think that the article on NHL.com is written by people who know what they are doing and thus the team has no way to walk away. Lets be honest even if they could they wouldn't anyway's. Not to mention no article has even mentioned the possibility of walking away that I have seen.

As far as I know, they could only take him to arbitration once.

I am an idiot. They cannot walk. If I would have read all the way through the section.

I downloaded the entire CBA. It states in section

12.10 (e) No Club shall be entitled to walk away from any award in a Club-elected salary arbitration.

Guess it couldn't be more clear. If only I read the whole thing. My bad. :blush:

Guest Crymson

It looks pretty clear to me that Nashville can walk away.

Wrong. You're not looking at the section that deals with team-requested arbitration.

As far as I know, they could only take him to arbitration once.

Well then, there you go, even further reason why he'll never see arbitration again... like I said, he will either be locked up long term, or dealt (for a ransom) by the deadline...

http://www.nhl.com/i...od-rr-headlines

its all over. well we can always make a stab at him next year (though theyll prolly just take him to arb again), or go for suter. 7.5 mill is alot of money

This part of the article blows my mind.

Weber, who earned $4.5 million last season, when he was a finalist for the Norris Trophy, reportedly asked for an $8.5 million reward while the Predators countered at $4.75 million.

Unless the term was 15 years or something, they might as well just offered a bag of pucks. It would have been equally insulting.

i dont think id want weber for 7.5 mil, thou itd be nice to have him play with lids. this deal kinda makes me think that kronners and stewies asking prices are gonna go wayyyyyyy up next summer *gulp*

id take him for 8 and under. he is on another level to kronner and stuart. I see them getting up to 5mill but weber is the best young dman in the league and runner up for norris. if u want a lidstrom replacement - this is it.