• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Majsheppard

Weber Arbitration hearing...

Rate this topic

Lidstrom is the best in the world and arguably the best defenseman of the modern hockey era. Weber is not Lidstrom. It has been suggested by many that his excellent offensive numbers are made possible by the defensive prowess of Suter. Weber's numbers when Suter was not in the lineup were not good at all.

I've payed attention to nashville alot because i love legwand, rinne (i thinks hes the best goalie out there right now), and the suter weber combination (its just down right sexy). the rest of the team is s***. weber is big and bad, has a cannon, and is right handed. everything the wings need on defense. suter is much smaller compared to weber, doesnt have the giant cannon weber has, is left handed, but is the better defenseman. much of webers play and stats can be attributed to suter. suter is smart and defensively sound. weber just brings that x-factor and its amplified when he plays with a great defense partner. when suters gone weber is half the player he normally is. look at how well he did playing in the all star game with lids! i would be very worried of weber coming to this team and not having lids to play with. i could see him playing with kronners thou....if we turn kronners into the next lidstrom.....hell never be able to fill lidstroms shoes but hopefully he can play that role and could be webers suter.

Im just hoping the nhl realignment takes us out of nashvilles division, so the possibility of a trade with them for weber is more likely. Maybe at next years draft, thats the dream anyways. I dont think we can tango with other teams willing to toss great stuff at nashville when hollands been real tough on not trading anything.

The realignment with the Wings coming back east isn't going to happen. Schmuckman isn't going to disrupt the rivalries that the Wings have with the Blackhawks, Preds, Sharks and so on. I know schmuckman promised Kenny that the Wings would come east, however, I just don't see that going down. Then again schmuckman can make me look like a liar...weirder things have gone down.

Am I the only one that thought that he got 8.2? Where did I get that number from then?

Probably a salary number, Maj. No big deal. 7.1, 7.4, 8.2... all numbers that should not go alongside Brian Campbell's name.

All too big.

According to the transcript of the decision, obtained by Slap Shots, Picher dismissed the club's attempt to use Phoenix's Keith Yandle ("Keith Yandle simply does not present as a player who can be responsibly compared to Mr. Weber") and Winnipeg's Dustin Byfuglien ("While Mr. Byfuglien, like Mr. Yandle, is an excellent player, he has logged only one season in the NHL as a defenseman") as comparables, and instead zeroed in on the only two comparables submitted by Weber -- Chicago's Duncan Keith and Brent Seabrook.

Furthermore, the arbitrator reached his decision based on the compensation due Keith and Seabrook this coming season, including signing bonuses, rather than on their respective cap hits over the course of their long-term contracts. This was not about a multi-year deal; this was about compensation for 2011-12.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/arbitrator_do_as_shea_htRTtzg48L6t3fLbKsgeYI#ixzz1V12XJ8wK

So, it's two current Chicago defensemen that are the benchmark rather than the former.

Edited by e_prime