• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 03:48 PM

I am going to go in for a game and was wondering what else is there fun to do for me and my girlfriend in the town?
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#2 mybeardismycopilot

mybeardismycopilot

Draftee

• 14 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:19 PM

there are a lot of really good places to eat in the downtown area (plenty within walking distance of van andel) comedy club across the street in the BOB. art museums etc. the bar and night life scene is not bad at all if youre in to that stuff.
friday nights are dollar beer/hot dog nights.
if you come during art prize thats pretty cool.
good music scene
not a bad place lots of things to do

www.experiencegr.com

#3 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,456 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:47 AM

There's also www.grnow.com and downtowngr.org for area events and activities.

As was previously said, there are lots of bars and eateries downtown. There's a great art museum not far from the Van Andel and there are always cool things going on downtown.

The arena itself is located in a section of downtown called the Arena District, you can check out the website here: http://www.arenadistrictgr.com/

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#4 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:08 AM

I wanted to get back to you guys and say thanks. I thought I hit "post" before on my earlier thank you.

I guess it didn't go through...

Anyways I enjoyed my third trip to GR and the websites you suggested made for an enjoyable trip. Thanks a bunch.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#5 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,456 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 03:20 PM

Glad you had a good time. Happy to help.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png