• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bryguy

Hemsky

Rate this topic

Eklund On Hemsky...

The Islanders and Kings are in talks...but I would especially look out here for the Red Wings...

Yeah its not gonna happen but since its summer and so boring atleast its something to laugh and talk about. Hes had some injury probs the last couple years and not sure a dangler is what holland would shop for.

I would be pissed if they trade for him actually. Unless it was Hudler for him straight up.

He doesn't impress me enough to justify his salary.

Also, I have zero faith that it would happen... They need defense bad, and we won't be giving that so...

... yeah.

When healthy the guy can produce, and could possibly be a 40 goal scorer with the right centerman.

As it's already been mentioned - he's had shoulder woes these past few seasons thus diminishing his trade value, but he could find a new home sooner than later...If Holland could ship Hudler, and a later round draft pick to land Hemsky - I'd be a happy camper.

I would be pissed if they trade for him actually. Unless it was Hudler for him straight up.

He doesn't impress me enough to justify his salary.

Also, I have zero faith that it would happen... They need defense bad, and we won't be giving that so...

... yeah.

Hemsky has been more offensively productive than Hudler due largely to better opportunity, but he is worse in every other area except skating. "I'll take an injury-prone quick skater, I think he'd do well on one of our top two lines!" Why not just put Hudler there? He's actually got proven chemistry with those guys, works hard, is capable of better defense, and has shown excellent offensive abilities. And he's NOT injury-prone.

And Maj...

Hemsky was signed to a six-year deal after scoring 154 points in 211 games over three seasons. This is compared to 84 points in 221 games in three seasons for Franzen. Hemsky got a six year deal, Franzen got an 11-year deal. If Hemsky were to play at 80% of his normal level in the playoffs, I'd say trading Franzen for Hemsky and Brule wouldn't be bad. They were willing to simply hand Brule over to the Kings, so he basically counts as an add-on in this deal.

Hemsky has been more offensively productive than Hudler due largely to better opportunity, but he is worse in every other area except skating. "I'll take an injury-prone quick skater, I think he'd do well on one of our top two lines!" Why not just put Hudler there? He's actually got proven chemistry with those guys, works hard, is capable of better defense, and has shown excellent offensive abilities. And he's NOT injury-prone.

And Maj...

Hemsky was signed to a six-year deal after scoring 154 points in 211 games over three seasons. This is compared to 84 points in 221 games in three seasons for Franzen. Hemsky got a six year deal, Franzen got an 11-year deal. If Hemsky were to play at 80% of his normal level in the playoffs, I'd say trading Franzen for Hemsky and Brule wouldn't be bad. They were willing to simply hand Brule over to the Kings, so he basically counts as an add-on in this deal.

Think about roles though, Hemsky was top six player for the Oilers, while Franzen was bottom six with the Wings. All his points came in a big push near signing that contract. Indicating that he would be a big time scorer. Whether or not that was wise isn't the question, I am simply indicating the thought process.

As for your idea of trading Franzen for Hemsky and Brule. I personally wouldn't think that was a bad trade, but I do think it depends on what Franzen you get. I simply put out that I never thought of Hemsky as a great player. I wouldn't make that trade in Fantasy Hockey either... which take that for whatever worth you want.

I would take him over Hudler... but you have to pay for him too.

Injuries are a concern as well.

Hemsky is a much better player than Hudler could ever be...Shoulder injuries, and not having a legit #1 centerman have been his primary issues.

Because Darren Helm and Valtteri Filppula are legit #1 centermen? Hemsky's linemates have been much better offensively than Hudler's. It's nowhere NEAR close.