Breakout rookies for the 2011-2012 season

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 hockeytracker

hockeytracker

Draftee

• 5 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 11:18 AM

I have compiled a list of the top-10 rookies/prospects who are ready to breakout for the 11-12 season, see which Detroit Red Wing makes the cut and don't forget to leave your comments!! Check it out >>> Hockey Tracker - Top 10 Rookies ready to Breakout for 2011-2012

#2 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:57 PM

Tatar wont play 82
Posted Image

#3 CupCrazy22

CupCrazy22

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:10 PM

Tatar wont play 82

x2

He also can't be a honorable mention, when he was mentioned.

#4 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:23 PM

x2

He also can't be a honorable mention, when he was mentioned.

Also more than half of those guys aren't rookies or even close to rookies. Van Riemsdyk? He's played two full seasons already, how could he possibly be included on a list of rookies and prospects?
Posted Image

#5 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 11:41 PM

Also more than half of those guys aren't rookies or even close to rookies. Van Riemsdyk? He's played two full seasons already, how could he possibly be included on a list of rookies and prospects?

mabye it is not a rookie list :ph34r:
Posted Image

#6 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 11:52 PM

kennyf****** powers.

#7 PaZel

PaZel

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:15 AM

Easy guys, give some constructive criticism! Although I do not agree with some of the placement, predictions, or even the reason some players are on the list (JVR) it's still a solid list filled with good research. Nice work putting together a good list of some of the younger talent in the NHL! Posted Image

Edited by PaZel, 09 August 2011 - 12:24 AM.

"I didn't know the draft was in alphabetical order." - Henrik Zetterberg

#8 Hank Dats 'N Homer

Hank Dats 'N Homer

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 08:21 AM

I dont get this list, cause half these people have played atleast 1 full season in the nhl, so how are they rookies or prospects? And also, how is tatar an homorable mention if hes played? And he also has abdelkader in the honorable mention section....does this guy know what a rookie/prospect is??? Seems like he should of just called it a list of young players that could have a breakout year

Edited by Hank Dats 'N Homer, 09 August 2011 - 08:22 AM.

#9 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:11 AM

mabye it is not a rookie list :ph34r:

Then why is it called "list of top ten rookies/prospects"? :ph34r:
Posted Image

#10 hockeytracker

hockeytracker

Draftee

• 5 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 06:24 PM

I dont get this list, cause half these people have played atleast 1 full season in the nhl, so how are they rookies or prospects? And also, how is tatar an homorable mention if hes played? And he also has abdelkader in the honorable mention section....does this guy know what a rookie/prospect is??? Seems like he should of just called it a list of young players that could have a breakout year

could have, but if you read the italics at the beginning it explains how players are eligible, (2 seasons or less). And the purpose is meant to predict sleeper draft picks in later rounds for Fantasy leagues, not just to mention 10 young good players

#11 Sprsquirt7

Sprsquirt7

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 06:55 PM

I wonder if people actually read the article or just decided to skim the 10 and *****. I think its a fairly solid list and he goes to explain his picks pretty well. Jvr isn't new but he is right about his potential. Sadly only one I see him being substantially off on is Tatar :(

#12 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:31 AM

Abdelkader gets an honorable mention.... hahahahahaha

(Don't think he's horrid, but belongs no where near that list)

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#13 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:57 PM

It's confusing because the NHL actually has a definition for a rookie and the OPs definition of a rookie is different. As someone said, this is more like a list of players with breakout potential.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#14 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 01:15 PM

I feel like all of the supporters in this thread are bloggers from the website OP linked.

Foolishly, I clicked thinking I'd see an in-depth list of players who've received little-to-no ice time at the NHL level. Imagine my surprise.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#15 WingZNut13

WingZNut13

2nd Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 01:38 PM

kennyf****** powers.

If Kenny Powers was in the Winged Wheel, we wouldn't lose a single damn game.

Also, we also should make him the MFCEO of the Wings. s*** would get done!! (K Swiss commercial reference)
What kind of color is red? Red is a warning. A declaration. A color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and Driven because red doesn't like second place. So what Kind of color is red? Our kind" - The Red Wing Army