• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
paulwoodsfan

Zetterberg's first NHL goal

Rate this topic

Ken and Mickey version.

Ducks announcers version.

So YouTube now has three different versions of Z's first goal. Awesome.

Also funny how they talk about Babcock for a while in that vid, how he was giving praise to the Wings scouting staff. He was still coaching the Ducks.

Well yeah I'm pretty sure that, as the coach of the Wings AHL affiliate at that time, he wanted and asked for a shot at coaching the Wings because they were transitioning out of the Bowman era. Kenny said no because Dave Lewis had earned the opportunity. During the Lewis era, however, Babs built up enough experience to show that he could coach at the NHL level. The rest they say is history.

Guest Shoreline

Henrik didn't come off to me as being an immediate Calder candidate but it's eerie how the Ducks broadcast there got it right. I'm still pissed though about him losing it to Barret Jerkov.

Also kinda OT but Avery's goal scored that was shown on a national broadcast.. note again how the play by play and colour guy are babbling like assholes throughout play until someone scores as annoyingly expected.

"Oh and remember the time we ate those awesome sausages that barbe-- he scores!".

"I can't think of a better defenceman than Bobby Orr that reminds me of some random story seven score years ago when I used to play-- he scores!"

Mind boggling.

The most amazing thing about that video is pb the scroll at the bottom says Joey Harrington threw for 309 yds and 2 tds. I honestly think I remember that game cuz he didn't have many like that.

Joey was underrated. He posted a solid passer rating despite a weak team. On a team with better protection and receivers, he could have been an annual Pro-Bowler. Case in point; he's ranked 128th of all qualified quarterbacks in career passer rating. That's better than Joe Namath. Another interesting fact? Charlie Batch is 70th, in the neighborhood of Harbaugh, Theismann, McMahon, Simms, and Unitas.

Henrik didn't come off to me as being an immediate Calder candidate but it's eerie how the Ducks broadcast there got it right. I'm still pissed though about him losing it to Barret Jerkov.

Also kinda OT but Avery's goal scored that was shown on a national broadcast.. note again how the play by play and colour guy are babbling like assholes throughout play until someone scores as annoyingly expected.

"Oh and remember the time we ate those awesome sausages that barbe-- he scores!".

"I can't think of a better defenceman than Bobby Orr that reminds me of some random story seven score years ago when I used to play-- he scores!"

Mind boggling.

Wings have been screwed out of a few more Calders over the years.

Well yeah I'm pretty sure that, as the coach of the Wings AHL affiliate at that time, he wanted and asked for a shot at coaching the Wings because they were transitioning out of the Bowman era. Kenny said no because Dave Lewis had earned the opportunity. During the Lewis era, however, Babs built up enough experience to show that he could coach at the NHL level. The rest they say is history.

Huh? Babs was coaching the Ducks during that game, hence my comment. Babcock never coached the Wings AHL affiliate. Or am I completely missing something about your post? Wouldn't be the first time.

Huh? Babs was coaching the Ducks during that game, hence my comment. Babcock never coached the Wings AHL affiliate. Or am I completely missing something about your post? Wouldn't be the first time.

He coached the Ducks minor team which had 6 or so red wing players on it for one reason or another. It states as much in the video.

He coached the Ducks minor team which had 6 or so red wing players on it for one reason or another. It states as much in the video.

I get that. Hence my original post. Just didn't understand Red Wings Addict's response to my post where he implied Babs was the Wings AHL coach at the time. Oh well, color me confused.

Joey was underrated. He posted a solid passer rating despite a weak team. On a team with better protection and receivers, he could have been an annual Pro-Bowler. Case in point; he's ranked 128th of all qualified quarterbacks in career passer rating. That's better than Joe Namath. Another interesting fact? Charlie Batch is 70th, in the neighborhood of Harbaugh, Theismann, McMahon, Simms, and Unitas.

I wasn't really ripping on joey as much as I was the lions ingeneral. I always liked joey and wished he would materialize into a solid QB.

I get that. Hence my original post. Just didn't understand Red Wings Addict's response to my post where he implied Babs was the Wings AHL coach at the time. Oh well, color me confused.

The Cincinnati Ducks were the AHL affiliate of the Red Wings from 1999-2002.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/display_affiliations_parent.php?tmi=5492

Babs was the coach of the Cincinnati Ducks from 00-01 to 01-02.

Forest for the trees I guess.

Both of the aforementioned Lions' QBs also had a much smaller sample size than the other names you've mentioned.

The Cincinnati Ducks were the AHL affiliate of the Red Wings from 1999-2002.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/display_affiliations_parent.php?tmi=5492

Babs was the coach of the Cincinnati Ducks from 00-01 to 01-02.

Forest for the trees I guess.

Ah gotcha. Totally forgot about that. However that Z goal was in 02-03 when Babs was coaching the Ducks, no?

Funny how it all works out, he's all ours now.

I hate to derail this thread but the fact that the lions draft picks almost never pan out should indicate a problem with the lions themselves and not so much the draft picks. It is very possible that Joey Harrington would have realized his potential if he were drafted by say Dallas orgreen bay. At the same time it is very possible that Dats and z wouldn't be NHL players if they were taken by a team like the islanders. I guess that separates the men from the boys in pro sports. Scouting and development, and I'm glad the wings the best personnel in both