• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:46 PM

You honestly expect Carcillo to be a "problem"? He's a goon, not an impact player.

I have a problem when someone drops the mitts with datsyuk and no one gets retribution for it.

#22 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:56 PM

Oh no not Daniel Carcillo he's going to be the downfall of the Wings with his superior grit and intensity. I'm all for having rougher role players but some people take it to the extreme.

#23 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:57 PM

I have a problem when someone drops the mitts with datsyuk and no one gets retribution for it.

this

and in this sense

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOI3mwK5YLw

PS Everyf****** Carcillo needs to understand there is no way to escape...

Edited by RusDRW, 09 August 2011 - 03:59 PM.

Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#24 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:30 PM

The article means Brunette. He's 37.

Which also makes a lot more sense, as Brunette fills the same kind of "utility offense" role Kopecky does, but has a wicked shot and has been a top-line offensive player for years. Brunette is also excellent with his hands and can fill the net-front spot Kopecky had been playing. I wouldn't be shocked if he has a very good season in Chicago, given the environment surrounding him. He has rarely played with other skilled forwards and skilled defenseman at the same time.

Perry was embarrassed by losing to Dats... one could say that is retribution enough.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#25 stevie for president

stevie for president

Red Blings

• PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:41 PM

Carcillo really isn't a bad 4th liner if he learned to stop all the nonsense and just play hockey.

Wings won the central division last year and swept the coyotes without guys "eager" to drop the gloves. And the reason San Jose beat us is because their 3rd and 4th lines out played ours. Not out hit or out fought.

Finally perry didn't need retribution. Dats dropped the gloves and stood up for himself. You get retribution on a guy who cheap shots your stars, but you shouldn't need to when your stars are willing to drop the gloves in a fair fight (obv with a guy like perry. Now if Godard enticed Datsyuk all bets are off but usually goons wont do stuff like that. It happens but not too often that you'd need to waste a roster spot on a goon to protect against it)

#26 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:48 PM

#27 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 05:21 PM

Which also makes a lot more sense, as Brunette fills the same kind of "utility offense" role Kopecky does, but has a wicked shot and has been a top-line offensive player for years. Brunette is also excellent with his hands and can fill the net-front spot Kopecky had been playing. I wouldn't be shocked if he has a very good season in Chicago, given the environment surrounding him. He has rarely played with other skilled forwards and skilled defenseman at the same time.

Perry was embarrassed by losing to Dats... one could say that is retribution enough.

true, but if probert went after him and beat him to a pulp, perry would think again before trying to get a rematch with dats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qbch6g6ICeA

#28 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,921 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 05:26 PM

I was about to say, there's no way in hell that Carcillo would play with Toews/Kane/Hossa.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#29 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 05:32 PM

true, but if probert went after him and beat him to a pulp, perry would think again before trying to get a rematch with dats.

Those were the two most annoying anchors I've ever heard.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#30 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 05:45 PM

Perry was not embarrassed. He won that fight.
Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#31 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 06:11 PM

datsyuk even hanging in there counts as a win for dats, anywhere close is a loss for perry.

#32 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 06:21 PM

I think Max has some good advice for Carcillo.

http://www.1835movem...2011/05/shh.jpg

#33 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,955 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 06:45 PM

The fight was a draw.

Perry certainly didn't win it.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#34 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,145 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:25 PM

No he didn't. It was a draw.

And for Perry to fight to a draw against Datsyuk is almost as bad as a loss for him.

He had an opportunity to lay a beatdown on one of the Wings star players. A guy he had a considerable size advantage over and one who isn't even a fighter.

And Perry managed a friggin draw.

#35 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,496 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:56 PM

Carcillo fought Gaborik, so I wouldn't say the Wings' star players are safe. However, that was rare- even for him.

My problem with the Wings not having a fighter is that they'll likely carry 14 forwards. With Tatar (and possibly Emmerton and others) in the AHL ready to fill in, I don't see how carrying a decent enforcer/player (Winchester comes to mind as someone still available- many more earlier this off-season) would hurt the roster. With 13 forwards, I can see the need to have interchangeable parts but the 14th forward could have addressed the offensive thoughness hole.

#36 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 08:04 PM

what a game that was. i miss the dats and zetterberg domination

#37 mybeardismycopilot

mybeardismycopilot

Draftee

• 14 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 08:05 PM

commodore will step up for our players when we need him to. i remember a game a few years back against the blue jackets he stepped in to a scuffle with rick nash. i dont think hell be dirty or get out of line but i do think he will "protect" our key players.

#38 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:03 PM

Did they get anything right in this article?
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#39 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,698 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:27 PM

When he first broke into the league with Phoenix, I was a big fan of Carcillo. Sure, he took plenty unscruplous penalties back then as well, but he fought everyone and he showed some skill with the puck. The past couple years, he's turned into a spotpicking agitator. Hopefully he can improve his overall game this year(As long as it isn't against us) as well as back up his loud mouth.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros, 09 August 2011 - 11:28 PM.

"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#40 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:51 PM

I've got a story for Carcillo: