No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

Bold predictions for the year!

Rate this topic

Guest 13GoWings40

1. Franzen and Z both score 40 goals

2. Lids wins the Conn Smythe again

3. Ericsson's contract doesn't look horrible by the end of the season as he replaces White in the top 4 (you said bold, right?)

4. Conklin wins 25 games and keeps Jimmy fresh for the playoffs

5. Lids decides not to go out on top and re-signs a one year contract at around 4.5 M

Everyone here knows the cure for cancer is Z's beard hair mixed with some of Dat's stick tape, applied liberally to the area. This also is an ancient Chinese cure for impotence.

Bold predictions:

Hudler scores 52 pts all from 3rd line minutes (plus a couple from his time in the box served for bench minors).

Filpulla (and 1st and 4th) is traded at the deadline for Praise, Z and D for C goes catatonic.

Zetterberg scores 40 goals again, and nears 100 points.

Dats scores 99 again, justifies this by setting assists records in the playoffs. Tells the media 'I take regular season off, stay rested for cup' then looks at Z awkwardly making sure he said it right.

Lidstrom puts up 50+ points, is +20 and wins another Norris.

:lol: Haaaaaank

Some of these predictions are very bold so far. If they come to fruition, we are going to be a happy bunch next June.

You know what I think I am going to do? Start a thread asking people to post third line players who suck because they are relied upon for offense and only puy up around 40 points in a given season. I don't think the list will be very long.

- Datsyuk scores 50 goals. Well, actually, I don't think that's all so bold...I'm feeling positive, what can I say?

- Jimmy F-ing Howard whoops ass and takes names and chews bubblegum (however that line goes). This is actually a little too bold for me; while I fully expect him to whoop ass and take names, it's unsafe to chew bubblegum at the same time as either activity, so I hope he just accomplishes the first two items on the list.

- Ericsson, Filppula, and Hudler do so awesomely that each player has his own cheering section at JLA. (Of course, Hudler already has his own "booster club," but that's for another discussion.)

- I was going to say something about injuries, but I think I'll just shut my trap on this one.

- Stevie comes back...I'm going to be saying this every year until hockey doesn't exist anymore. And probably after that. If anybody could lead a post-apocalypse pro-hockey league, it'd be Stevie.

Lol Im beginning to think you actually are Jiri Hudler...

I sure hope not, because despite all the flack he takes on here and his questionable effort at times, I still genuinely pull for Hudler and find him pretty likable, and well... this would GREATLY change my opinion of him...

JOHN, PLAY THE FIGHT RIFF!

Bold, you say?

- During our annual February Injury Fest, Cory Emmerton ends up playing goalie in a blowout in Minnesota. He scores on the empty net, garnering his only goal of the season.

This is seriously bold as we only go to Minnesota in October.

+1 from me for reference to the Annual February Injury Fest.

My prediction is that people will lose faith after every loss, cry, moan, wail, call for the team's head, declare the season a failure, predict/invoke the beginning of Armegeddon (or however you spell it), and still strut around during the playoffs with an "I knew it all along" attitude.

This is seriously bold as we only go to Minnesota in October.

+1 from me for reference to the Annual February Injury Fest.

My prediction is that people will lose faith after every loss, cry, moan, wail, call for the team's head, declare the season a failure, predict/invoke the beginning of Armageddon (or however you spell it), and still strut around during the playoffs with an "I knew it all along" attitude.

That's not bold, that's like predicting that ice will be cold :P

I also corrected the spelling of Armageddon for you ;)

Edited by stevkrause

* Commodore cracks the lineup for 60+ games and becomes a LGW cult figure after beating the snot out of someone for taking a dirty run.

* Conklin puts in a solid 25 starts and gives Jimmy some room to breathe. Five of these starts will be due to an injury to Howard, during which time he'll post a sub 2.00 GAA.

* Hudler comes in ready for the NHL, puts up 55-60 pts and quiets some of the haters.

* White comes in hot and becomes an instant fan favorite... until they realize he can't consistently score like Rafalski did (who can?).

* Mickey Redmond hangs up his mic at the end of this season (sad face).

1. * Commodore cracks the lineup for 60+ games and becomes a LGW cult figure after beating the snot out of someone for taking a dirty run.

* Conklin puts in a solid 25 starts and gives Jimmy some room to breathe. Five of these starts will be due to an injury to Howard, during which time he'll post a sub 2.00 GAA.

* Hudler comes in ready for the NHL, puts up 55-60 pts and quiets some of the haters.

* White comes in hot and becomes an instant fan favorite... until they realize he can't consistently score like Rafalski did (who can?).

2. * Mickey Redmond hangs up his mic at the end of this season (sad face).

1. this is one possibility that makes me really excited about the upcoming season.

2. god i hope not :(

I'm not really good at these but I'll give it a shot. So don't laugh at me to hard people I'm just Winging it. Get it Winging it, Lol. I crack myself up sometimes.

Datsyuk and Zetterberg will compile over 150+ Points this season together

Franzen will be a 40+ Goal Scorer

Abdelkader will get over 25 Points

Ericsson will learn to use his body more and improve his defensive skills and prove that he belongs on this roster.

Emmerton and Mursak will both have spots on the Red Wings team by the Playoffs

White and Commodore will both have breakout seasons on D for the Wings

Lidstrom will be our best player once again all season

Howard will have 5 shutouts this season and lower is GAA

The Detroit Red Wings will make it to the Western Conference Finals

See I told you I suck at this but I just really wanted to try. We'll see. Go Red Wings!!

1. Darren Helm scores at least 20 Goals.

2. Jiri Hudler is sent to Grand Rapids.

3. Kronwall becomes the new Raffy.

4. Jimmy Howard gets nominated for the Jennings trophy.

5. Ken Holland will trade for a top-4 D-Man at the deadline.

6. Commodore becomes the new semi-Darren McCarty.

7. Dareen McCarty comes back to the Organization somehow.

8. Abby will have 30-35 points.

9. Tatar and Smith come up somewhere during the season.

10. Ty Conklin will start around 20-25 games as Howard's back up.

1. Darren Helm scores at least 20 Goals.

2. Jiri Hudler is sent to Grand Rapids.

3. Kronwall becomes the new Raffy.

4. Jimmy Howard gets nominated for the Jennings trophy.

5. Ken Holland will trade for a top-4 D-Man at the deadline.

6. Commodore becomes the new semi-Darren McCarty.

7. Dareen McCarty comes back to the Organization somehow.

8. Abby will have 30-35 points.

9. Tatar and Smith come up somewhere during the season.

10. Ty Conklin will start around 20-25 games as Howard's back up.

1. Darren Helm is probably not going to score 20 goals in this or any other season. If we're talking 20 goals based on 1993 scoring rates, sure. But that's like 15 goals this year.

2. Jiri Hudler is not going to be sent to Grand Rapids. If the Wings waive him, he's off to a team that needs another scoring forward and never makes it to the 'assignment' part.

3. Kronwall is going to lose his defensive and physical abilities, and go bald?

4. It hurts. It hurts so much. Why must you do this to me?

5. Seems like a reasonable thought. Except for one thing; what assets are given up? Holland won't be giving up any significant assets unless the defenseman is more than a rental. Which severely limits options and the chance of a deal.

6. He'll be a very mediocre player who has one iconic moment in his time with the team, and many fans clamor for his jersey to be retired because of it?

7. McCarty will be back to teach Commodore how to deal with all of his newfound fame as the expendable superstar?

8. Abby making 30-35 is pretty bold. It's not impossible, but he's in a situation where the only reasons he wasn't fourth line all year last year were injuries and the fact that Helm's line had great chemistry. He's less likely to get those offensive chances this year, with Hudler back on track and a speedier, more talented Mursak ready to go.

9. The sun will rise tomorrow. Seriously.

10. Conklin will start closer to 35 games. Howard's workload is going to start looking like what Ozzie used to carry in the 90s, otherwise he won't have anything for the playoffs. Ever notice that throughout history, a lot of great teams ran tandems? Edmonton did, Pittsburgh did, Detroit did, Montreal did, Toronto did. Historically running with a tandem has assisted the starting goaltender's playoff performance.

Edited by eva unit zero

1. Darren Helm is probably not going to score 20 goals in this or any other season. If we're talking 20 goals based on 1993 scoring rates, sure. But that's like 15 goals this year.

2. Jiri Hudler is not going to be sent to Grand Rapids. If the Wings waive him, he's off to a team that needs another scoring forward and never makes it to the 'assignment' part.

3. Kronwall is going to lose his defensive and physical abilities, and go bald?

4. It hurts. It hurts so much. Why must you do this to me?

5. Seems like a reasonable thought. Except for one thing; what assets are given up? Holland won't be giving up any significant assets unless the defenseman is more than a rental. Which severely limits options and the chance of a deal.

6. He'll be a very mediocre player who has one iconic moment in his time with the team, and many fans clamor for his jersey to be retired because of it?

7. McCarty will be back to teach Commodore how to deal with all of his newfound fame as the expendable superstar?

8. Abby making 30-35 is pretty bold. It's not impossible, but he's in a situation where the only reasons he wasn't fourth line all year last year were injuries and the fact that Helm's line had great chemistry. He's less likely to get those offensive chances this year, with Hudler back on track and a speedier, more talented Mursak ready to go.

1. I wouldn't discount Darren Helm at all especially with his performance in the playoffs.

2. Didn't even think of that.

3. No what I meant was he'll be what Raffy was in his prime and I feel actually be an upgrade over Raffy.

4. No Comment.

5. Good Point. Realistically I can't think of many because I wouldn't give up Smith and Tatar UNLESS we could get Doughty and even then I'd be hesitant.

6. What I meant by that was that he'll become the enforcer that McCarty was minus the fighting aspect. Though McCarty had two IIRC 1. Kicking Claude's rear 2. Game 4 SCF Goal against the Flyers. But I do see your point.

7. hehe! I could see that you know Darren most likely needs the $$$$.

8. Agreed!

White will get a whopping 14 points by the trade deadline, forcing Kenny to trade a good prospect to get another defenceman.

Kronwall will garner more Norris votes than Lidstrom.

Jiri Hudler will be dealt to a conference rival and score at a 50-point pace in a second-line role.

Helm will score 12 goals and get some Selke buzz, but not enough to become a finalist.

Emmerton will be plucked off the team on waivers and become a semi-regular with the Senators, playing 60 games.

Abdelkader will lead the team in fighting majors with three.

Conference finals, Nashville beats San Jose and the Rangers beat Pittsburgh. Rangers win the Cup in six games, with Lundquist winning the Conn Smythe.

After the season, the Phoenix Coyotes will move to Quebec and the New York Islanders announve they will move to Kansas City by 2015.

Nick wins his 8th Norris with numbers similar to this year but with a positive +/-

Erricsson has a bounce back year and establishes himself as a second pairing with Stuart

Kronwall elevates his game and becomes the #1 D-man

Lids retires at the end of the year

Commodore loses his spot to Kindl

Dats has a career year and wins the Conn Smyth

Z has a mediocre year due to back trouble

Franzen has a mediocre regular season but an outstanding playoffs

Helm scores 20+ goals

Abby has a mediocre year but an outstanding playoff

Howard establishes himself as one of the top goalies in the league

Mursak has an outstanding season

Hudler has a bounce back season, scoring 20 goals and an outstanding playoff

Fil has another mediocre season but an outstanding playoff

Ty Conklin has a sub-par season and Mac is brought up as the back-up goalie

Wings win the the Division and finish #2 in the West. Vancouver finishes #1

Wings beat Chicago in round #1, LA in round #2, Vancouver in the Conference Finals and Washington in the SCF

San Jose loses in the first round as Niemi is pulled twice and finishes with an .896 save percentage in the playoffs (the same as in 2011)