• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

Bold predictions for the year!

Rate this topic

Love the first part, but if the second happens, I am going to find where you live... even though you would have had nothing to do with it :P

In Stevkrause's mind anything roster player being traded from the Wings would be a shocking piece.

Guest stinky fish taco

just an FYI guys...no negative predictions allowed, per the mods. only sunshine and rainbows in here.

I'm going to make another, VERY bold one...

Shea Weber is acquired at the trade deadline after the Preds can't come to terms with him on an extension and are already out of playoff contention... furthermore, the trade involves at least one shocking piece coming back from Detroit...

nashville is going to trade him with another year of RFA status remaining?

...that is bold.

Love the first part, but if the second happens, I am going to find where you live... even though you would have had nothing to do with it :P

hey, gotta give to get! It doesn't have to mean Datsyuk or Zetterberg, but I would consider Franzen being dealt shocking, or a package that included Kronwall? I would consider that shocking as well and although it would sadden me on both accounts, I would be willing to accept it, if the piece coming back here was Shea Weber (and that a extension was negotiated with him prior, so we don't trade for a rental)

In Stevkrause's mind anything roster player being traded from the Wings would be a shocking piece.

Not necessarily true, but since the cap era, Holland has been hesitant to trade away high picks AND/OR roster players, and either of the pieces I mentioned above would qualify to me, or, say Holland traded Sheahan, Tatar, Smith AND Filppula... wouldn't that be shocking to you? May still very well be worth it, but it would definitely be some "sticker shock" at first glance...

nashville is going to trade him with another year of RFA status remaining?

...that is bold.

Why would they not? If they can't reach an agreement with him, they'd be better getting something more in return... they can't take him to arbitration again and he may opt against filing to force their hand, as they would likely get a much better package back for him in a trade, then they ever would by letting him go to an offer sheet, or just HOPING that a team signs him to an offer sheet, on the chance they can match it...

Not necessarily true, but since the cap era, Holland has been hesitant to trade away high picks AND/OR roster players, and either of the pieces I mentioned above would qualify to me, or, say Holland traded Sheahan, Tatar, Smith AND Filppula... wouldn't that be shocking to you? May still very well be worth it, but it would definitely be some "sticker shock" at first glance...

Ha I was just messing with you.

I'm by no means a Hudler hater but it'd almost be worth the price of admission to see Eva's reaction to a Hudler trade. Say Hudler got moved to the Preds, I would bet you that Eva would start a LGP (Let's Go Preds) site just to honour Jiri

Ha I was just messing with you.

I'm by no means a Hudler hater but it'd almost be worth the price of admission to see Eva's reaction to a Hudler trade. Say Hudler got moved to the Preds, I would bet you that Eva would start a LGP (Let's Go Preds) site just to honour Jiri

I'm with you on that... I don't want to see him traded, but it would be pretty funny to see eva's reaction! We'll have to put eva on suicide watch if it does happen, haha

I'm actually on the other end most are, I have always liked Hudler and really pull for the guy and I also think he is going to have a bounce back year... with that said, I don't think his consistency or potential really makes him a trade asset at this point, as he'd need to string a couple of good years together before he was really considered an asset... I think Nashville is going to want a ransom for Weber, and, he may be one of the only players of this generation worth paying a ransom for...

All and all, I really like our team right now and would hate to see pretty much any of our roster players shipped out, but Weber is a once in a generation player and would probably get even BETTER here and that alone makes it too enticing to pass up on if it's offered, even at the cost of anyone on the roster not named Lidstrom, Zetterberg or Datsyuk...

Oooh, I got a good one. Weber doesn't want to stay in Nashville because of their financial issues and Nashville panics and trades him for Hudler + Kindl + 1st at the deadline ph34r.gif

Another one. If not Weber, the wings acquire Doughty at the deadline for Hudler + Kindl + 2 1sts

Last one. Holland trades Filppula + Nyqvist for Parise's rights ph34r.gif

hey, gotta give to get! It doesn't have to mean Datsyuk or Zetterberg, but I would consider Franzen being dealt shocking, or a package that included Kronwall? I would consider that shocking as well and although it would sadden me on both accounts, I would be willing to accept it, if the piece coming back here was Shea Weber (and that a extension was negotiated with him prior, so we don't trade for a rental)

Apologies, read it wrong/misinterpreted, and thought you meant that a shocking piece would come BACK TO Detroit. By that, I thought you meant Lebda, which is why I would have had to kill someone...

So apologies all round :)

Edit:SP

Edited by Wing Across The Pond

Apologies, read it wrong/misinterpreted, and thought you meant that a shocking piece would come BACK TO Detroit. By that, I thought you meant Lebda, which is why I would have had to kill someone...

So apologies all round :)

Edit:SP

I would say no apology necessary... but even mentioning Lebderp coming back is indeed VERY fitting of an apology :)

Oooh, I got a good one. Weber doesn't want to stay in Nashville because of their financial issues and Nashville panics and trades him for Hudler + Kindl + 1st at the deadline ph34r.gif

Another one. If not Weber, the wings acquire Doughty at the deadline for Hudler + Kindl + 2 1sts

Last one. Holland trades Filppula + Nyqvist for Parise's rights ph34r.gif

Both dmen you mentioned would command a bigger price than that... also, I find it very interesting that you think Doughty is worth more than Weber...

Also, I'm pretty certain Parise would command a bit more than that as well...

Once again, you have to give to get...

The Hockey News has some bold predictions...they rank us 5th in the West, and to add insult to injury, it's behind the Kings, who are behind the Hawks. In fact, they have the Hawks playing in the SCF against (wait for it) the Caps. And the Caps are going to win. I'm trying so hard not to laugh right now.

Guest stinky fish taco

The Hockey News has some bold predictions...they rank us 5th in the West, and to add insult to injury, it's behind the Kings, who are behind the Hawks. In fact, they have the Hawks playing in the SCF against (wait for it) the Caps. And the Caps are going to win. I'm trying so hard not to laugh right now.

i can see why you might disagree, but that's really not all that bold of a prediction.

The Hockey News has some bold predictions...they rank us 5th in the West, and to add insult to injury, it's behind the Kings, who are behind the Hawks.

Meh. A lot of people picked us to the win the Stanley Cup at this time last year. Underestimating the Wings is probably the dumbest thing anyone can do in the world of hockey.

Guest stinky fish taco

the hawks have a great team and the kings are an improved and exciting team. both also have some cap space to make moves if necessary.

now those that are ranking the wings behind stl, nash, or cbj in the central...that is a bold prediction.

The caps became VERY legit the minute Vokoun went there... I don't think it's too far fetched to predict Washington finally getting over the hump... Chicago, however, I think is going to struggle with the massive amounts of roster change they've had since their cup, team chemistry is VERY important and they made some great moves and Stan Bowman has done a good job with what he was given, but I still think they're going to struggle this season, before potentially becoming a legit threat again next year...

As for the rank of 5th out of the west, that is indeed laughable, the only teams on the list that they even have an ARGUMENT for being above us in "rank" are Vancouver and (hate to admit this) SJ...

I still genuinely expect the Wings to make the SCF this year, barring a crippling injury (not the normal injuries we sustain every year, but a season ending type to a key player or two)