• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
95MadeMeCry

This writer has no clue

Rate this topic

I know this "rumour article" is complete garbage but it just blows my mind how this guy could actually write this. He has no clue..

If this should be in the rumour area, please move it, just thought everyone might get a good laugh...

This is by Richard Cloutier on hockey buzz regarding Detroit's "interest" in Hemsky

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Richard-Cloutier/3-Hemsky-Rumors-Pittsburgh-Detroit-and-New-York/131/37531

Rumor 2: Detroit

This potential deal is more complicated, yet somehow less complicated. It's less complicated in the sense that the Wings do not have the same sort of cap issues to consider than the Penguins do. The Wings could add Hemsky's contract without subtracting any assets, and still fit under the salary cap. This means, the return they could send to Edmonton could be entirely prospect-based. That's the less complicated part. The more complicated part? The Wings have extremely low prospect depth at this time. Actually, it's hard to figure what the Wings could possibly send to Edmonton to make a deal work.

Speedy two-way forward Darren Helm would certainly be of interest, but the problem is, if the Oilers moved Hemsky, they'd be doing it to: 1. Improve the defense, and 2. To make room on the roster for other forwards currently part of the team. Helm is a good player; he just doesn't help the situation.

The one name that jumps out at me is defenseman Niklas Kronwall. The 30 year-old Swedish defenseman contributed 37pts last season, including 5 power play goals. Would a Hemsky for Kronwall swap make sense? Close . Hemsky is younger, but Kronwall has a better health history. Both players are set to become UFA's next summer if they can not be re-signed. Unlike Letang, Kronwall is more Top 4 than Top 2. But that being said, his addition would certainly upgrade the Oilers defense.

Perhaps the trade rumor here is to suggest the Oilers would move Hemsky for Kronwall and a draft pick. Perhaps a 2nd rounder? Relax: The Wings always play well, so a "2nd round pick" from Detroit is more or less a 3rd round pick. There could be conditional picks tied to this deal that would activate if either player signs a contract extension and stays with their new deal.

Despite the notoriety for his huge hits, Kronwall is greatly under-rated outside of Detroit. He's a stud, and in a hypothetical world (as Kronwall will NOT be traded), Hemsky would just be a starting point to acquire him.

I actually sent that guy a message through HB that told him he was about as uninformed about the Wings as anyone could possibly get. Obviously in my message I was a tad ruder than I just made it sound but yeah, it was a ridiculous blog. And online forum users claim the Wings fans overvalue their own assets in trades. What a joke

Guest Heaten

Wings need a top 4 puck moving defenseman more than an injury prone top 6 rental...

The only bright side to Hemsky coming to Detroit is he'd make Franzen look like an iron man....hence make us, the fans, move our focus away from how brittle Franzen is. Bottom line, Red Wings are better team without Hemsky / with Kronwall. Also, Red Wings have a much brighter futures without Hemsky and keeping our "extremely low" prospect depth.

Wings need a top 4 puck moving defenseman more than an injury prone top 6 rental...

The only bright side to Hemsky coming to Detroit is he'd make Franzen look like an iron man....hence make us, the fans, move our focus away from how brittle Franzen is. Bottom line, Red Wings are better team without Hemsky / with Kronwall. Also, Red Wings have a much brighter futures without Hemsky and keeping our "extremely low" prospect depth.

I agree on all accounts.

Seems the writer has no clue of our needs, issues, or direction the team is going at all.

Bloggers who think they're actually journalists....so cute. I put absolutely zero stock in this given the source.

Yea that explains it, it's a blog.

Also, I don't think journalists know that much either.

Zetterberg and Datsyuk were nobodies when they were drafted, now they are stars. Wings have have an extremely low prospect depth? Hahaha, ya ok. We'll see in 2-4 years what nobodies Detroit drafted are stars in the league at that time.

Also Kronwall for Hemsky would be such a disgustingly awful steal for Edmonton and this dumb dumb says we'd need to throw in a pick :lol: I can't blame him though, not like this bozo would watch the playoffs since Edmonton hasn't been close since 06.

But if we don't trade for Hemsky, then who will embarrass the Dallas Stars!?

But, in all honesty this was a terribly written article. To think we would trade our soon to be best defenseman for an injury prone rental, who's only reached the twenty goal plateau twice in his career (although he does have a right handed shot) would be ridiculous. Also, what is this "The Wings have extremely low prospect depth at this time" Although we may not have the best prospects in the league, I feel like we do have a fairly decent prospect pool to pick from.

One: The writer claims that we could send simply prospects for Edmonton.

Two: He claims that they need defensive help.

How does Kronwall's name get brought up before Kindl, Smith, or even Ericsson? A better package would be required to go through, but jumping right to Kronwall, seriously? Don't assume i'm suggesting we deal prospects and picks for Hemsky, i'm just pointing out the writers obvious mistakes. His entire article is logically flawed.

Yet another article with NOTHING right in it. It would take longer to tear that apart than it took to write it because there is no reality in it.

We have a ton of prospects, Kronner and Helm are worth more than Hemsky to us, and the only way that we make a move for a forward is if Hudler is a part of the deal.

Those are the major errors there, but screw this writer.

The other trades are stupid too.

Hemsky for Del Zotto?!?!? Then he suggests that isn't enough for Hemsky?

I would consider that a bad deal for NYR.

Wolski wouldn't be moved either, he just signed.

Letang is laughable. You really think they would ever part with him for a forward when they already have too much in the line of top six forwards?

What a Moron.

The guy clearly makes it apparent he is just dreaming how he slowly changes his writing from this is the rumor to the rumor should be...

The guy is a moron homer.

The last sentence is proof.

Letang ... on the oilers... makes me all smiley.

Junk.

Hemsky to the Wings would also completely remove the scapegoat and bench minor tags from Hudler's locker.

Yet another article with NOTHING right in it. It would take longer to tear that apart than it took to write it because there is no reality in it.

We have a ton of prospects, Kronner and Helm are worth more than Hemsky to us, and the only way that we make a move for a forward is if Hudler is a part of the deal.

Disagree; Hudler might make the most sense in a Hemsky deal, but trading for a forward in general I don't think so. I would say Filppula and Franzen are also on the table as big chips. If Holland is going after a top-end scoring forward like Shanahan was in the mid-90s, Holland's first choice would be Franzen given realistic options. He wouldn't want to cough up Smith AND high picks, and would probably rather keep Filppula if possible.

What is funny, I think, is the fact that this guy says Kronner is top 4 and Letang is top 2 in the league. Granted Kronwall may not be top 2, but as Letanf showed when Crosby went down, he is not a top 2 defenseman.

On the subject, Hemsky would be nice here, but at the expense of Helm or Kronwall is just idiotic. Where can I apply for a job, because I can (and have) proposed silly trades like this for free, I would love to get paid to do it!

No clue. This writer needs a hobby in the summertime. Are things that "slow" for him now that he turned to being ridiculous. Maybe he should join a Dungeon's and Dragon's summer league. Seems like a good fit as he's appears to be pretty good at the fantasy thing.

Kronner + pick/prospect for Hemsky? Roll again.

Am I the only one who thinks that the reason he said Detroit has such an extremely low prospect depth and then went on to talk about Helm and Kronwall is because he simply doesn't know any of the players in Detroit's system and is too lazy to look them up?

Also, even if the offer was straight up I think the Wings would be out of their minds to deal Helm for Hemsky. Personally I would rather have Helm battling hard and chipping in on the scoreboard for 82 games then Hemsky scoring a couple goals for 20 games.

funny this clown says we have terrible prospects when the front page of ESPN.com this morning has the headline "Wings, Blackhawks high up in prosepct ranks"

so whos wrong?

Sorry all I got out of that was blah blah blah blah. Why would we have any interest in Hemsky right now. I've said it numerous times already our team is pretty much set and even Kenny Holland has basically stated the same thing. I know this is just a rumor article but anyone outside of Detroit or outside of Michigan shouldn't even write about them. If you don't live in the same state than don't write about a different states team becasue you have no clue what you're talking about becasue you're not here and know for sure what's going on. Why would we trade Helm or anyone at this point in of any decent value right now for Hemsky?? I'm not gonna deny his skills; he's a pretty solid player I just don't see us going for any deal right now. Kronwall and a draft pick WTF. If Wings wanted Hemsky it wouldn't be for Kronwall and it definetly wouldn't be for him and a draft pick. Kenny wants cap space for the deadline and only Hudler's name can really be brought up for a trade and I can't see that it would be for Hemsky. Perhaps I don't know what I'm talking about but I just can't see something like that happening. This guy is a bonified idiot.

Edited by Dimaline312000

But if we don't trade for Hemsky, then who will embarrass the Dallas Stars!?

Well that was a mistake, I've answered my own question: number 13 of course ;)

(I would post the link to the video but we've all seen it too many times haha)

I want to see it!

Hahahaha well played. I felt like kind've an idiot because It never dawned upon me who else embarrassed the Dallas Stars when I posted the original comment, I mean it's easily the video i've watched the most on youtube haha.

Edited by PaZel