• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
eva unit zero

Third line players who suck

Rate this topic

As much as I dislike hudler as a player, I can agree with everything you said! I hope he becomes a 70+ point scorer, I really do, but next year so if he re-signs here it will be cheap. If he gets 70 pts this year, he get $5M.

Fine incentive to me

Straw grasping. I'm looking at entire careers here. There is no one with any modicum of common sense that would choose a healthy Savard over Huds, even at Savard's age. Let's not even mention that he was producing over a point-per-game when he was 27 years old. I'll give you credit when Hudler has similar stats when he's 34 but right now you're trying to tell us all that a Ford Mustang GT performs the same as a Ferrari 599 GTB.

I'm not a Hudler hater like many here, but I'm not on his payroll either. Hopefully he proves us wrong. My opinion is that his salary could be better spent elsewhere. I'm sure if it were possible for Holland, Hudler would be be wearing a different uniform at training camp. Unfortunately for the Wings, the rest of the NHL sees what most of this board has been pointing out to you all summer long. He must pay well.

If we're comparing players' productions at certain ages, spanning many years, how about a 20 year-old Lindros vs. a 20 year-old Yzerman or Fedorov? Lindros was the best player in the world at age 20. Yzerman was just becoming a top player, and Fedorov was just entering the league and was a very good second-tier center.

While Hudler and Datsyuk were together, Hudler outscored Datsyuk. That's an awfully interesting thing to happen during the same span you seem to be giving credit for his entire season's worth of production.

Maybe you then agree that Hudler should be on the top line with Datsyuk, scoring crazy amounts of points instead of playing on a line with Abdelkader and Miller or whatever assembly you have planned.

Point is that Hudler wasn't on the 3rd line all year. Those point totals you gave us are not from him being a 3rd liner the entire season.

You just twisted the stats in your favor, disregarding common sense in the process.

It was mentioned earlier Hudler should just be allowed to play a Brett Hull game, and I completely agree. I don't really care to see him trying to play physical, grind in the corners and backcheck, because frankly, he isn't good at it. Hudler should be told to simply find open space.

I know Babcock is a stickler for 'everyone backchecks' but Bowman at least knew his players' strengths and weaknesses enough to say 'everyone but LaFleur/Lemieux/Jagr/Hull/Holmstrom backchecks'.

Point is that Hudler wasn't on the 3rd line all year. Those point totals you gave us are not from him being a 3rd liner the entire season.

You just twisted the stats in your favor, disregarding common sense in the process.

Hudler spent most of the year on the third line, played a little bit on the top two, and played just as much on the fourth.

It was mentioned earlier Hudler should just be allowed to play a Brett Hull game, and I completely agree. I don't really care to see him trying to play physical, grind in the corners and backcheck, because frankly, he isn't good at it. Hudler should be told to simply find open space.

I know Babcock is a stickler for 'everyone backchecks' but Bowman at least knew his players' strengths and weaknesses enough to say 'everyone but LaFleur/Lemieux/Jagr/Hull/Holmstrom backchecks'.

Funny thing is, Hudler backchecks harder than any of those guys did. And he always has.

Funny thing is, Hudler backchecks harder than any of those guys did. And he always has.

I know, he's in the doghouse if he doesn't, I just think in the case of Hudler, Babcock mismanages him.