• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingfan40

Andrei Kostitsyn, being shopped

Rate this topic

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/27694626/31267061

It sounds like Andrei is unhappy in Montreal and the rumor is he is being shopped.

Would you trade for him?

Hudler for Kostitsyn or maybe Hudler/Emmerton for Kostitsyn?

It seems like he has potential to be a 60-70 point player in our system and his cap hit this year is $3.25m.

I don't know a lot about him but he has good size and puts up good numbers. In my opinion I think he could be a difference maker with the Wings.

What's your opinion?

If they would do Hudler and Emmerton for Kostitsyn then I would definitely say yes. Hudler wouldnt be a major loss and I have to think he will probably be gone after this year anyways and the Wings can also get something back out of Emmerton instead of losing him on waivers if he doesnt make the cut. Kostitsyn is a pretty decent player and I wouldn't want to give up much more for him value wise than Hudler/Emmerton, but I do agree he seems to have the skill set to reach his potential in the Wings system.

And has possible mob connections.

I still remember the terrible anticipation of Montreal players possibly involved in prostitution rings or drug smuggling or something of that sort only to find that the whole thing was about them partying with someone who knows someone in the mob.

Can he be worst than Hudler though drama wise? I think not. But his 3.2 cap hit is the thing. But at least his numbers are good and paired with even better linemates could probably be better. I'd say :thumbup: to this is my 2 cents.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Guest Crymson

Can he be worst than Hudler though drama wise? I think not. But his 3.2 cap hit is the thing. But at least his numbers are good and paired with even better linemates could probably be better. I'd say :thumbup: to this is my 2 cents.

Hudler is not bad drama-wise.

Really? Complaining about not having a girlfriend and saying I'm leaving to play in the KHL, then coming back. To me that's a degree of drama. :P

Complaining about not having a girlfriend? Wasn't that Leino?

Hudler did cheat on his girlfriend in 2009 with some prostitutes though.

Whatever the case Andrei Kostitsyn is drama ridden. I wouldn't mind though a trade for him involving Hudler as probably 75% of this board wouldn't mind as well. I apologize for bringing up Hudler's issues in this thread my fault :P

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

not much difference in production really;

Kostitsyn Pl326 G87 A99 Pts186 +- +16

Hudler Pl328 G62 A102 Pts164 +- +26

the other aspect is Kostitsyn is a year younger.

contract difference would be $400,000 into Kennys fund.

Arent the Habs on the lookout for help on the blueline thou?

I don't understand this. Hudler never caused any drama except for his contract negotiations. Playing under your potential doesn't mean you're creating drama. All signs point to him being an excellent locker room influence. Everyone on the team loves Hudler. And I'm sure everyone loves Kostitsyn, but only because he keeps them supplied with drugs, haha.

And the girlfriend thing was Leino, not Hudler.