• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingfan40

Andrei Kostitsyn, being shopped

Rate this topic

Really?

Is Metal Gear really popular in Finland? I always wonder what games that are popular here are also popular in other countries.

Well, the first Metal Gear Solid in '98 was a huge hit here. I remember it well as I started school that year. I never had it myself but I always remembered the theme music and stuff like that. Only later I decided to play more of them and played both the first and the second game. Great story, great gameplay, awesome game. Still thinking to maybe buy the Snake Eater for my PS3 and the other ones as well.

As for the actual discussion in the thread, I really don't think Andrei Kostitsyn is the kinda player that we should try to get right now or in the near future.

edit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqq8uqSDnk

TRULY EPIC!

Edited by Finnish Wing

Guest Heaten

I'd pick Hudler 10 times out of 10... and twice on Sunday.

No thanks to this Kostitsyn bum. As bad as Hudler was last year, I know he is a legit goal scorer. And with this being his contract year, I expect him to have a career year and score lots of big goals.

Unless Kenny can trade Hudler for a gritty top6 goal scorer, I say keep him and enjoy his 2011 goal production. You'd have to be ignorant to think Hudler will have another this bad of season while entering his prime... (especially during a contract year).

Edited by Heaten

Kostitsen is a much more dangerous offensive player than Hudler despite what many would like to think. He also brings some size and physicality as well.

If the question really is Hudler for Andrei straight up than yeah give me Andrei but I wouldnt trade a whole lot more for him. Emmerton or Miller maybe could be thrown into the mix

I'd pick Hudler 10 times out of 10... and twice on Sunday.

No thanks to this Kostitsyn bum. As bad as Hudler was last year, I know he is a legit goal scorer. And with this being his contract year, I expect him to have a career year and score lots of big goals.

Unless Kenny can trade Hudler for a gritty top6 goal scorer, I say keep him and enjoy his 2011 goal production. You'd have to be ignorant to think Hudler will have another this bad of season while entering his prime... (especially during a contract year).

It's a contract year for Andrei as well. He has also out scored Hudler overall in their careers despite playing two fewer games. I just don't see how acquiring him will improve the team overall. If he was traded for Hudler it would be a wash, not really worth it.

As for the comment about a gritty top six forward I agree there. Hudler won't get us that though.