• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Kindl Surprise

Datsyuk or Zetterberg

Rate this topic

140 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's getting mighty quiet round these parts and I was bored so lets see who people would rather keep if it came down to it. Say, just for a random example, Holland decided to give Hudler a $15 million a year contract for the next 10 years and the only option for clearing cap space was to trade Zetterberg or DJ Pavvy-D. Which one would yas rather keep?

Edited by Kindl Surprise

Datsyuk.

He's a little older, but has elevated his game the last few years. Right now he's the best two-way player in the league and carried the team last year whenever he was in the lineup.

Zetterberg is not as good as he was several years ago, imo. His accuracy and goal scoring is down, despite him still being one of the league leaders in shots taken.

This is like someone asking you which of your children is your favorite. Honestly, I'd have to pick Pavs based on his level of play and the fact that he will have a longer career than Zetterberg. It's hard to fault Zetterberg for anything, he's still one of the best players in the league, and probably the best shut-down forward. And he still puts up points, but Datsyuk has wooed us with his dazzling stick-handling.

I can't vote. I felt dirty putting my cursor in front of either name.

I can't vote either. I love them both too much.

If it was the summer two years ago, everyone would be saying Zetterberg. But Datsyuk's gotten even better those seasons, whereas Z's regular season play has certainly declined.

Though Hank's been note quite as good in the playoffs as he was in '08 and '09, I still think he's been very, very good in the postseason. It just seems he's slowed down and has to rely more on his smarts and instincts than his skating or movement. He was never the best skater, but he definitely doesn't have the same jump as before. When the team needs him most though (e.g., playoffs or when Pavel's injured), Zetterberg doesn't let us down.

And I can't say anything about Datsyuk that hasn't been said before.

Besides, they're the Euro Twins. They're not gonna be separated. It's just wrong to pick between the two.

Edited by Nevermind

Just curious..how so?

Well for starters he's more beefed up and so he's like stronger on his skates. Quite difficult to knock him off the puck. Having said that though it's cost him imo. It's slowed him down a step. Dunno if age is a factor or not but Zetterberg isn't as quick as he use to be but still one of the best 2 way forwards in the game right now imo. I also think every year he gets better in the defensive end (positioning wise). Now faceoffs these last 2 seasons I think we've seen a drop off from him maybe something to work on?

There you go :P

I am sooo happy to see so many non voters, I couldn't do it either. I feel a lot of people here are also correct when talking of Hanks "new style" and considering he's number one choice for captain perhaps it's a longevity move. He bulked up more thus better in the harder to play places in both ends of the rink but lost a little speed, and he may not make as many jaw dropping moves as he used to but he also lead the Wings with points last year and played his highest number of games in any NHL season so far. His +/- was is worst ever as well (-1) but I think he's going to have a great season.

Also I was told once when I was younger "don't ask a question you already know the answer to." This is one of those questions.

Guest Crymson

Well for starters he's more beefed up and so he's like stronger on his skates. Quite difficult to knock him off the puck.

He's always been difficult to knock off the puck. As for his weight, he deliberately lost upper-body muscle in the 2010 offseason.

He's always been difficult to knock off the puck. As for his weight, he deliberately lost upper-body muscle in the 2010 offseason.

Maybe so but the season before he deliberately "bulked up". I think his back problems are the issue. I honestly think Zetterberg was amazing when he used to have that first quick step. He's lost that.