• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Kindl Surprise

Datsyuk or Zetterberg

Rate this topic

140 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I picked Zetterberg. He's the guy who's always looked to for the defensive shutdown, he's a top scorer in the league, he's an amazing all-around player, and he's a great leader. Datsyuk is flashier, but I think Z is the better player. Dats also will cost considerably more soon; he already has a higher cap hit and his contract ends soon, while Z has a lifetime deal.

But ultimately, if we're looking for cap space, can't we just trade Franzen instead? I mean come on. He might be worth a $4m cap hit now, but he probably won't be worth it in three years. He only makes $2m less than Zetterberg. Would you rather have Franzen and a third liner, or Zetterberg? That's like asking "Do you want me to punch you in the face and the stomach, or kick you in the balls with steel-toed boots?"

Datsyuk. Z couldn't even beat up Malkin.

esteef

Malkin jumped Z from behind. When Z turned around, Satan started interfering and Malkin got free shots at him. Z managed to get free of Satan, and made Malkin his ***** after that.

So I don't know exactly how you say Z couldn't beat up Malkin. Seemed like a pretty clear win.

Malkin jumped Z from behind. When Z turned around, Satan started interfering and Malkin got free shots at him. Z managed to get free of Satan, and made Malkin his ***** after that.

So I don't know exactly how you say Z couldn't beat up Malkin. Seemed like a pretty clear win.

He didn't get jumped from behind, Z ran from him like a little *****. Only after Malkin starts throwing punches does Z realize he needs to get the gloves off. It's only when the ref jumps in that Z gets any advantage at all. Dats went toe-to-toe with an actual fighter (albeit not that great of one). Stick to what you know which is ogling Hudler.

esteef

But ultimately, if we're looking for cap space, can't we just trade Franzen instead? I mean come on. He might be worth a $4m cap hit now, but he probably won't be worth it in three years. He only makes $2m less than Zetterberg. Would you rather have Franzen and a third liner, or Zetterberg? That's like asking "Do you want me to punch you in the face and the stomach, or kick you in the balls with steel-toed boots?"[/font]

Well that really wasn't the question was it? I didn't think the question was all that difficult to understand, it was just who would you take if you could only have one of them. Answering "trade Franzen" to that question is like answering "Well, I'll have the chicken then please" when asked if you want cake or death.

If you want to inject other "what if's" into it though, I'll play along. How about instead of trading Franzen off to clear cap space, we put Huds & a couple of free weights from the training room in a burlap sack & throw them in the river to clear up cap space?

Thank you for flying Church of England...cake or death?

Guest mjtm77

It's been difficult sometimes to watch Z as he's still learning how to change his game a little bit because his body has worn down.

Zetterbeg is going to be a mess in the future

But ultimately, if we're looking for cap space, can't we just trade Franzen instead? I mean come on. He might be worth a $4m cap hit now, but he probably won't be worth it in three years. He only makes $2m less than Zetterberg. Would you rather have Franzen and a third liner, or Zetterberg? That's like asking "Do you want me to punch you in the face and the stomach, or kick you in the balls with steel-toed boots?"

Oh come on... How do you even get away with this stuff?

Oh come on... How do you even get away with this stuff?

The same way most people on the board get away with saying Hudler had a terrible season despite the fact that:

He finished tied at 159th in forward scoring with 37 points.

He tied for 7th among Wings forwards in points despite being 9th in ice time.

But ultimately, this thread isn't about me or Hudler, so let's stop this s*** and everyone can stop taking the little jabs at me because they think they're the next Jose Jalapeno... on a stick.

Zetterbeg is going to be a mess in the future

Dats has only played 6 more games than Z since Z entered the league. Dats also missed time injured for two separate stretches last year, and was injured in the playoffs.

Don't be so quick to say "Z is injury prone, keep Dats!!!"

Don't be so quick to say "Z is injury prone, keep Dats!!!"

It's all about the type of injuries though, as some people have pointed out already. Z's dealing with a bad back, but it's not like the Wings just lost their the second leading scorer on defense for the past 4 years running to a surprise retirement partly due to ongoing back problems right? Broken bones are one thing. Chronic back troubles are something entirely different.

The same way most people on the board get away with saying Hudler had a terrible season despite the fact that:

He finished tied at 159th in forward scoring with 37 points.

He tied for 7th among Wings forwards in points despite being 9th in ice time.

But ultimately, this thread isn't about me or Hudler, so let's stop this s*** and everyone can stop taking the little jabs at me because they think they're the next Jose Jalapeno... on a stick.

Hmm... I'm supposed to say something like "Well, this thread isn't really about Franzen either" but I'm just going to skip to the end. You make me feel ashamed of the human race. That is all.

Datsyuk... but I agree with Eva - trading Franzen could be an option.

Out of our top eight forwards, Franzen is the one I would be most willing to trade. Hudler hasn't produced as much; but he has shown that he is capable of playing well beyond Franzen's established (regular season) ceiling, plus Hudler is much younger and is improving while Franzen has been declining. A Franzen deal would be for a bonafide top-line scorer or a top-pairing defenseman, while Homer or Bert alone bring back almost nothing. Filppula has more trade value than Franzen, but he's also more important to the team and a better player than Franzen, and that gap will only increase. It's not worth dealing him now instead of Franzen unless it's a deal in Detroit's favor for a guy like Doughty or Stamkos, Filppula is the only major piece of the current team given up, and the deal doesn't happen if it's Franzen.

But that won't stop you, will it?

Out of our top eight forwards, Franzen is the one I would be most willing to trade. Hudler hasn't produced as much; but he has shown that he is capable of playing well beyond Franzen's established (regular season) ceiling, plus Hudler is much younger and is improving while Franzen has been declining. A Franzen deal would be for a bonafide top-line scorer or a top-pairing defenseman, while Homer or Bert alone bring back almost nothing. Filppula has more trade value than Franzen, but he's also more important to the team and a better player than Franzen, and that gap will only increase. It's not worth dealing him now instead of Franzen unless it's a deal in Detroit's favor for a guy like Doughty or Stamkos, Filppula is the only major piece of the current team given up, and the deal doesn't happen if it's Franzen.

Well, 70 people chose Dats, and 9 chose Zetterburg. I think its because Pavel is flipping hilarious, and I haven't seen anything that Hank has said that has made me laugh.

I think it's kind of funny and convenient how you misspelled Zetterberg right before stating that your impression of him pales in comparison.

I think it's kind of funny and convenient how you misspelled Zetterberg right before stating that your impression of him pales in comparison.

I was thinking "Zetterburger". Now I'm done explaining to you for the rest of your life. Bye.

I’m not sure what to do with this one. Sovetsky Sport’s Pavel Lyasenkov spoke to KHL commentator Sergey Gimaev (according to Alex Ovetjkin, he’s the most popular KHL TV personality) about the possibility of Ilya Kovalchuk, Evgeni Malkin, Ilya Bryzgalov (seriously), Sergei Gonchar or Pavel Datsyuk possibly becoming the captains of their respective NHL teams, and Gimaev suggested that it’s Datsyuk, not Henrik Zetterberg, who should succeed Nicklas Lidstrom as Zetterberg isn’t a “unique” player and Datsyuk is one. I could see Datsyuk being the captain, but I don’t think he’d be very comfortable with the job, even if his English was more like Lidstrom’s than Tomas Holmstrom’s.

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/tmr/comments/red_wings_overnight_report_complicating_the_equation/