• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Kindl Surprise

Datsyuk or Zetterberg

Rate this topic

140 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm in the minority with z here. '09-'10 z was the easier choice, though technically D is the better player. But leadership is a huge factor not supported by stats, so I gave z that one pretty easy. When D stepped up into that fight he altered my perception a bit. Overall though the fact that the next Captain is likely to be Z and he grew into that role well, I have to give him the tiny edge due to that.

Bottom line, Dats is a better player but Zetterberg is (just over the edge) a more important player to the team.

A little off-topic but still a valid point, there isn't a single team in this league that wouldn't be better for either one of them (including all the champions since '02).

I'd get rid of Holland for offering Hudler a $15 million dollar contract and keep both Pavs and Hank.

It's a thought experiment. It's like when people are given the question, "Would you kill a crying baby to protect a dozen people from a Nazi patrol," and someone answers, "I'd raise a Zombie army and defeat the Nazis -- don't even have to worry about the baby!" If you don't like the question and its parameters, don't participate.

As for me, the answer is obviously Datsyuk. That doesn't mean that I don't love Z, or that I don't think he's an amazing combination of shutdown forward + goal scorer, which is rare. But his health (back) problems always seem to be one check away from sidelining him for a few weeks, and he seems to be slowing down, despite being younger than Dats. My subjective feeling is that when we're down and need something amazing, Dats is more likely to pull it off than Z.

Well, 70 people chose Dats, and 9 chose Zetterburg. I think its because Pavel is flipping hilarious, and I haven't seen anything that Hank has said that has made me laugh.

There's a lot of solid reasons to choose Datsyuk. He's the more talented, and one of the most exciting players in the league. He's also healthier overall than Z is.

But those who are saying he's more clutch than Zetterberg have a very short memory. Z is as clutch if not moreso than Dats. Since the lockout, Z has been over a point per game player in the postseason. And he's coming off an 80 point season where he was a major factor in carrying the team while Datsyuk was out. His points just aren't as dazzling as Dats.

All that being said, I worry that his back and wrist problems are more chronic than they've let on and that his best years are behind him (I'm hoping I'm wrong). Where Datsyuk probably has a couple more great seasons in him. So I'd reluctantly go with Datsyuk. What you lose in the shutdown forward and fearless player Z is in the tough areas of the ice, you make up for in jaw-dropping displays with Dats.

But those who are saying he's more clutch than Zetterberg have a very short memory. Z is as clutch if not moreso than Dats. Since the lockout, Z has been over a point per game player in the postseason. And he's coming off an 80 point season where he was a major factor in carrying the team while Datsyuk was out. His points just aren't as dazzling as Dats.

I'm not sure if it's true anymore (if not then he's certainly still near the top), but since the lockout he leads the league in playoff goals and points. EDIT: After some more research I'm fairly confident that he's still number one in both categories. Hank is narrowly ahead of Danny Briere, with 94 points to Briere's 93.

If Hank is anything, he's The Determinator. He'll win the game! That's what he does! That's ALL he does! You can't stop him!

Edited by Heroes of Hockeytown

I'm not sure if it's true anymore (if not then he's certainly still near the top), but since the lockout he leads the league in playoff goals and points. EDIT: After some more research I'm fairly confident that he's still number one in both categories. Hank is narrowly ahead of Danny Briere, with 94 points to Briere's 93.

If Hank is anything, he's The Determinator. He'll win the game! That's what he does! That's ALL he does! You can't stop him!

I totally forgot about that. I remember hearing that stat during the playoffs.

If that's not clutch, what is?

It's getting mighty quiet round these parts and I was bored so lets see who people would rather keep if it came down to it. Say, just for a random example, Holland decided to give Hudler a $15 million a year contract for the next 10 years and the only option for clearing cap space was to trade Zetterberg or DJ Pavvy-D. Which one would yas rather keep?

Oh good, so were basing a thread on something that would never happen. That make sense for arguments sake. ;)