• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
robb himself

Crosby's 2012 Season now in Question

Rate this topic

Did they have player polls when yzerman played and how many times did he win the biggest whiner by his peers? Yzerman was pretty much respected in all aspects of the game so thats a non argument. Theres a difference in complaining and just flat out whineing.

No idea on player polls, but he did make #4 on a referrees list of biggest whiners of ALL-TIME.

I think your views of him as a person are pretty skewed and mostly based on what year hear people saying (whether there is anything to back it up or not). I'd challenge you to spend a week following him around everywhere and actually get to know what the guy is all about and then come back and tell me what you think about the guy as a person, his character, etc.

Okay, you set it up and I will spend a week with him. I am game for this experiment.

Okay, you set it up and I will spend a week with him. I am game for this experiment.

I'll see what I can do. You'll have to get out to Halifax now though as summer is quickly coming to an end. I was just there the past couple weeks (my hometown, but I live in Toronto now). If you spend enough time around the local rinks, you might run into him. If you want to be a stalker though, I do know where he lives and where his parents live (they have a nice new house now on the water...no doubt financed by him).

I guess I never made it clear. I'm talking more along the lines of on-ice character not off. He may be the greatest person alive OFF the ice but on the ice he just seems like more of the diver,whiner,ball puncher and so on in my eyes but i don't hate the dude really for that although its frustrating. I have read where even some of the tough guys of the league are the greatest people off the ice. For example pronger. I know about 90% it seems on here hate pronger but I have friends on the ducks board that have met him before and say he is awesome. Greatest guy. Again my hate is more of the league cramming him down our throats and not pushing the other great stars of the league.

I guess I never made it clear. I'm talking more along the lines of on-ice character not off. He may be the greatest person alive OFF the ice but on the ice he just seems like more of the diver,whiner,ball puncher and so on in my eyes but i don't hate the dude really for that although its frustrating. I have read where even some of the tough guys of the league are the greatest people off the ice. For example pronger. I know about 90% it seems on here hate pronger but I have friends on the ducks board that have met him before and say he is awesome. Greatest guy. Again my hate is more of the league cramming him down our throats and not pushing the other great stars of the league.

Well, that's totally different then. I don't normally get bothered too much by any player's on ice play. The things that people point out that Crosby does are done by the vast majority of the players in the league, it's overblown for him because of his stature. I only get bothered occassionally by some players. Some examples would be guys like Maltby. I'd have no problem with his play (for the most part) if he didn't run away from the s*** he stirs up. When you think of diving, I can't stand Lapierre and especially the faces he makes at other players, drives me crazy. Then there is Cooke. I love the way he plays most of the time, but as everyone knows, he goes too far way too often, which I can't stand. Avery just seems like a dick.

Well, that's totally different then. I don't normally get bothered too much by any player's on ice play. The things that people point out that Crosby does are done by the vast majority of the players in the league, it's overblown for him because of his stature. I only get bothered occassionally by some players. Some examples would be guys like Maltby. I'd have no problem with his play (for the most part) if he didn't run away from the s*** he stirs up. When you think of diving, I can't stand Lapierre and especially the faces he makes at other players, drives me crazy. Then there is Cooke. I love the way he plays most of the time, but as everyone knows, he goes too far way too often, which I can't stand. Avery just seems like a dick.

Totally true. I agree with Crosby getting overblown. I'm sure I fall into that fact a little myself.

Far as malts. thats what part of his game that would frustrate me to no end. He would be flapping his gums and then when it would be step up time he would skate off and let other players take the heat. Man just think about being on the ice on the other team with him. hahaha.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

oh how i missed LGW!!

ive been in the carribean for most of the summer and im baked to a crisp

i really hope its not the end of his career. i dont think it will be. but then again concussions arent pretty

Totally true. I agree with Crosby getting overblown. I'm sure I fall into that fact a little myself.

Far as malts. thats what part of his game that would frustrate me to no end. He would be flapping his gums and then when it would be step up time he would skate off and let other players take the heat. Man just think about being on the ice on the other team with him. hahaha.

<Reads first paragraph. Smirks. Makes mental note about Tony. Gets bad mental picture. Shakes head. Declines comment.>

I miss Malts.

I'll see what I can do. You'll have to get out to Halifax now though as summer is quickly coming to an end. I was just there the past couple weeks (my hometown, but I live in Toronto now). If you spend enough time around the local rinks, you might run into him. If you want to be a stalker though, I do know where he lives and where his parents live (they have a nice new house now on the water...no doubt financed by him).

Suddenly everything fits into place. I've lived in a slew of places in North America and Europe, I have never encountered a place where moaning and complaining about EVERYthing is so thoroughly engrained into civic identity as Halifax.

Edited by _Kabrok_

Suddenly everything fits into place. I've lived in a slew of places in North America and Europe, I have never encountered a place where moaning and complaining about EVERYthing is so thoroughly engrained into civic identity as Halifax.

Really?? Do explain. I've been on the planet for 34 years, I've lived in Halifax for 22 years and Toronto for 12 years, so I would hope I could add a bit of real life perspective.

I know that there are many delicate sensibilities at the top of this board who are EASILY offended, and, oh dear, upsetting words makes the baby Jesus cry, but when it comes to the prospect of Cindy never playing again:

"sympathy" lies somewhere between "s***" and "syphillis" in the dictionary.

Guest Shoreline

His on-ice demeanour brings the dislike that he's earned. People don't like ******* crybabies.

That being said, this injury of his resonates off the ice as well, and I do not wish upon the guy to keep bearing this type of injury, having a concussion and concussion symptoms myself at one point. I don't see what Crosby has done to deserve this, however, being on a Red Wing forum I've certainly got a decent idea.

I try and imagine that the love fest for Crosby on this board has to do with gamesmanship and not some personal hatred that transcends the NHL, however, there's always a bunch of douchebags who take the sport that seriously, and are personally unable to let the fact that he beat this team go. I certainly hope they get their problems sorted. I hope Crosby comes back and I hope the Wings beat he and his team's ass.

Edited by Shoreline

I try and imagine that the love fest for Crosby on this board has to do with gamesmanship and not some personal hatred that transcends the NHL, however, there's always a bunch of douchebags who take the sport that seriously, and are personally unable to let the fact that he beat this team go.

Crosby never beat this team, Zetterberg made sure of that. It was a good effort by the rest of the Pens plus ridiculous help from the league and on-ice officials that beat them.

esteef

Guest Shoreline

Crosby never beat this team, Zetterberg made sure of that. It was a good effort by the rest of the Pens plus ridiculous help from the league and on-ice officials that beat them.

esteef

You bring up a point and not by the pedantic correction, but another way..

People complained heavily that Crosby was the league's face for marketing, yet now they give him the attention that transcends the rest of the Penguins and their collective effort that helped them beat the Wings in 2009.

Even if I'm guilty of it too, I find it no less ironic.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy... :)

Oh, I mean, HOW TERRIBLE!

In all seriousness, Crosby should never have played the next game vs Tampa if he had symptoms stemming from the Steckel hit on New Year's Day. Hedman hits him from behind, down again and this time for good.

And what's absolutely crazy about all this, remember: The Pens' new rink at the Consol Energy Center was DESIGNED AND BUILT to have a capacity of 18,087. Wouldn't that suck if 87 never played another game at the rink with his number in the seating?

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy... :)

Oh, I mean, HOW TERRIBLE!

In all seriousness, Crosby should never have played the next game vs Tampa if he had symptoms stemming from the Steckel hit on New Year's Day. Hedman hits him from behind, down again and this time for good.

And what's absolutely crazy about all this, remember: The Pens' new rink at the Consol Energy Center was DESIGNED AND BUILT to have a capacity of 18,087. Wouldn't that suck if 87 never played another game at the rink with his number in the seating?

Wait a minute. Are you serious? They purposely designed the rink to have a capacity to end in an individual players' number? If that is true that is just stupid. It sends the message that 1 player is more important than the others?

Ok. So I looked it up and you are correct. This is just stupid. But then again, it is the Pittsburgh Penguins...

I hope Cindy is able to come back.... then take another vicious blow to the head....only to end up sidelined for the rest of his career.

I wonder what you would think if somebody had said something like that about Stevie Y when he was playing.

If your a true hockey fan, not just a homer, you hope he recovers well enough to play again. Like it or not he is great for the game. Hell if all the players I disliked/hated never played again there would definitely be some serious contraction in the league.