• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
robb himself

Crosby's 2012 Season now in Question

Rate this topic

This.

I know a press conference only fuels the fire for those who hate all the attention he gets, but the reality is it's been an offseason of wild speculation and rumors about his prognosis. Hearing it from his whiny lips should set the record straight once and for all.

Seriously though, what is he going to say that the coach couldn't? If he's not retiring, he's going to blow smoke up our asses just like any other player would and play it close to the vest. "I'm getting better every day and hope to play at the beginning of the season." This presser will not end any speculation whatsoever, nor will it actually clear anything up.

Seriously though, what is he going to say that the coach couldn't? If he's not retiring, he's going to blow smoke up our asses just like any other player would and play it close to the vest. "I'm getting better every day and hope to play at the beginning of the season." This presser will not end any speculation whatsoever, nor will it actually clear anything up.

you seem awful certain considering it hasn't happened yet. Why not at least wait until afterwards to ***** about it? :P

honestly if his announcement is in any way positive about him being ready soon, I'm guessing they did it to reassure fans and encourage ticket sales before the season starts.

you seem awful certain considering it hasn't happened yet. Why not at least wait until afterwards to ***** about it? :P

honestly if his announcement is in any way positive about him being ready soon, I'm guessing they did it to reassure fans and encourage ticket sales before the season starts.

Because if I waited until afterwards, I wouldn't look like a genius! ;)

well not so much that he thinks its important, he just thinks HE is so important. Im suprised he doesnt call a press conference every time he takes a s***.

This is the complaint about Crosby I don't get. I totally understand being sick of all the media coverage about him, and his whining, even the dives and whatnot. Even just that there's something irritating about him that I can't quite put a finger on.

But what has he actually said or done to indicate he thinks he's so important? What indicates that this press conference was his idea?

Guest Shoreline

In light of the whining of the attention Crosby is getting (ignoring that it's still the off season and hockey writers need something to write about to make money), I shall re-invoke the old parody of QQCrosby I made:

3feffwf.jpg

Edited by Shoreline

Because if I waited until afterwards, I wouldn't look like a genius! ;)

c'mon, short of Crosby saying his concussion is fine but he's retiring anyway for good of the NHL, no one here will think his press conference was of value anyway. That's some low-hanging fruit vladdy. :D

Edited by haroldsnepsts

· Members are discouraged from posting in a thread in which you have nothing to constructively add. Such posts tend to simply clutter up and bloat the size of the thread while also lowering the quality of the discussion.

The topic at hand is a press conference; can we please discuss that?

If he was smart he would but it's Crosby were talking about.

If he still holds that presser today for the specific purpose of talking about himself (I make the distinction because Lids is holding a presser to talk specifically about Lokomotiv, due to the Wings connection), he'll prove himself to be a bigger self-centered ****** than I thought possible.

EDIT: And come on, a bunch of you were thinking it. I just happened to say it. Today should be about Lokomotiv and not his shenanigans. <_<

Edited by edicius

If he still holds that presser today for the specific purpose of talking about himself (I make the distinction because Lids is holding a presser to talk specifically about Lokomotiv, due to the Wings connection), he'll prove himself to be a bigger self-centered ****** than I thought possible.

Oh boy.

I'm wondering now if the presser will be cancelled in light of what happened with Lokomotiv. Crosby's will he/won't he BS pales in comparison to importance of that.

I agree that it probably should be cancelled. But to clarify, we're talking about a brain injury with Crosby. He's trying to come back and hasn't been cleared to play.

To me this isn't quite the same as Niedermayer's "will I retire" crap that he pulled for half a season with the Ducks.

EDIT: And come on, a bunch of you were thinking it. I just happened to say it. Today should be about Lokomotiv and not his shenanigans. <_<

Wow....simply, wow. Ignoring the fact that you assuming it is Crosby himself that has decided to hold a press conference or Crosby himself that decides to cancel.....because, you know, I highly doubt he has any control over that.

Let me paint this scenario...hockey media across North America has gathered in Pittsburgh to attend this press conference (this is fact)....now Crosby decides to cancel....that little bastard right, right? Well, sane individuals will understand, but others will find a reason to blame him again.

The sad fact is that a lot of people in North America will be more interested in Crosby's presser (not me speaking). If this happened to an NHL team in North America, things would be different (maybe it shouldn't be, but it would).

I feel like I'm attending a medical conference about brain injuries.

Ok Vladdy, you were right. :P

So far it sounds like the big news is Sid is getting better but there's no timeline for his return. I can see even holding a press conference for this given all the speculation, but why the 24 hour notice?

EDIT: actually it sounds more like an advertisement for the docs that have been working with him. :blink:

Seriously, this basically seems like these doctors wanting to promote themselves to get business from other hockey players who get concussions.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Wow....simply, wow. Ignoring the fact that you assuming it is Crosby himself that has decided to hold a press conference or Crosby himself that decides to cancel.....because, you know, I highly doubt he has any control over that.

EDIT: actually it sounds more like an advertisement for the docs that have been working with him. :blink:

Seriously, this basically seems like these doctors wanting to promote themselves to get business from other hockey players who get concussions.

Yeah, post-presser, I'm more inclined the blame the doctors for their lack of decorum than Crosby. Someone - Shero, Lemieux, etc. - should have put their foot down and said, "You know, this just isn't a good idea today," but it is what it is.

originally they were saying Shero would at the start, but I missed the first few minutes so I don't know if it happened.

Shero did talk about the Crash, and expressed that the entire hockey worlds prayers were with them.

Edited by Crashnburnluder

So what was this conference thing about?

Shero said two sentences about the crash and then it was the Sidney Show.

During the whole press conference, I was imagining George W. Bush reading from The Pet Goat while tragedy was occurring elsewhere. Conference was carried on at least six channels here while I kept thinking of McCrimmon, Salei and the rest of Lokomotiv.

EDIT

If it's my call, I postpone the newser for the day and say something like "The entire hockey world, including the Penguins, is mourning the deaths the players and team officials in the plane crash in Yaroslavl. Out of respect, we will postpone the press conference until tomorrow. Our thoughts go out to the families, etc, etc."

Edited by mjlegend

Shero said two sentences about the crash and then it was the Sidney Show.

During the whole press conference, I was imagining George W. Bush reading from The Pet Goat while tragedy was occurring elsewhere. Conference was carried on at least six channels here while I kept thinking of McCrimmon, Salei and the rest of Lokomotiv.

EDIT

If it's my call, I postpone the newser for the day and say something like "The entire hockey world, including the Penguins, is mourning the deaths the players and team officials in the plane crash in Yaroslavl. Out of respect, we will postpone the press conference until tomorrow. Our thoughts go out to the families, etc, etc."

Thats ridiculous. Also, the conference also didnt turn into the Crosby Show either, it was 90% of the doctors talking, and Sid answering questions that were directed at him.

Guest 13GoWings40

Thats ridiculous. Also, the conference also didnt turn into the Crosby Show either, it was 90% of the doctors talking, and Sid answering questions that were directed at him.

So what did the doctors say? just that he's gonna keep working on it? I was hoping they'd at least give some kind of indication if he's gonna miss more time

The whole point of the conference was Crosby and doctors talking about Crosby. If that's not the Crosby Show, I don't know what is.

All for: "I don't know when I'm coming back."

No one outside of Pittsburgh gives a s*** about him today. Dozens of hockey players died, leaving behind families and friends forever. Sidney is having headaches and might not play for a few months, or maybe he will. The conference was a whole lot of nothing being announced, while they're still pulling the bodies of hockey players out of the Volga.

Just wait one day; how tough would that have been?

The whole point of the conference was Crosby and doctors talking about Crosby. If that's not the Crosby Show, I don't know what is.

All for: "I don't know when I'm coming back."

No one outside of Pittsburgh gives a s*** about him today. Dozens of hockey players died, leaving behind families and friends forever. Sidney is having headaches and might not play for a few months, or maybe he will. The conference was a whole lot of nothing being announced, while they're still pulling the bodies of hockey players out of the Volga.

Just wait one day; how tough would that have been?

He's not just "having headaches." He has a brain injury.

One could also argue that in light of today's tragedy, maybe we should all take a break from hating on players for petty reasons.