• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
robb himself

Crosby's 2012 Season now in Question

Rate this topic

right beside crosby's stick in all sports stores is Datsyuk's reebok stick...where is Datsyuk's publicity?? I'll chime in on a solid fact from even non-Wings fans...DATSYUK IS THE BEST PLAYER IN THE NHL! it's not all about getting points, it's about being a complete player. Datsyuk does all this and still does things with the puck that the rest of the world can't even do in their dreams.

personally, i like crosby (minus the whining and his pathetic stache), but i hate the penguins more than any other team ever. and the whole thing with his concussion s***, he could have come back and played last year in the playoffs, but the pens organization milked the whole thing and they knew that without malkin and the fact that they have a s***ty supporting cast, there was no point in bringing crosby back, they just wanted to use crosby for publicity of head shots......1 thing they didn't think of is that the hits on crosby weren't that bad. the steckel hit, steckel just braced himself at the last second when he caught crosby out of the corner of his eye. mr. entitled wasn't paying attention at all and it resulted in him hitting the ice. the other hit from hedman, hedman didn't do anything dirty, he braced crosby and guided him into the boards and didn't even do it very hard. i'm not even sure how he got hurt on the play, and yes i watcehd it alot of times wondering how cause i've been taken into the boards the exact same way 100 times and never got hurt once.

there's alot of guys that have been hit way harder than that and alot more blindsided and are perfectly fine. even hudler is playing hockey of some sort, well, atleast entering the ice surface, we don't know what exactly the f*** he does when he's on the ice, but after the hit he took in the playoffs that was blindsided, i think from joe thornton if i'm not mistaken, he was back pretty quick, and he's a puny whimp.

point is, crosby is milking it, as are the pens, and the masterson is a joke if he gets it this coming year. i'd rather it go to jagr or yashin, and it burnt my fingers typing that garb.

I agree with this.

I love hockey and am the first to admit I may not be "savvy" with the rules and regulations, etc, but Crosby is just too high maintenance drama queen. I Firmly believe that those hits to him were not as bad as they make out. The guy played still after the 1st one, and then went on to another game. I don't understand, if the concussion was soooo bad, why would they even take a chance to LET him play. He should have been a scratch and stay out of the games a few days to make sure he was really OK but they had no worries. I also think that Crosby was pissed off AND embarrassed they were losing the game :rolleyes:. He is such a whiny narcissistic ass, complaining all the time. My question is if he is cleared to play and goes back on the ice, and , everyone is going to go easy on the on his ass in case he decides to take a dive or instigate because what player wants the wrap for being the one who knocked the miracle kid down once again, because everyone is ganging up on him. Ug. I hate that guy.

Bottom line, I don't think his injuries were as bad, either. I think even before the hits the guy comes off as ignorant ass and is NOT a team player. He feels privileged and expects to be treated that way. So if he plays again or not, it is pretty much a given he will have to be handled with the kid gloves he demands. and gets it one way or another.

Everything about this ordeal is vague. I did hear they said he won't play because his equilibrium is shot from the concussion, but than I have to question. Is he driving? If ya can't skate how is it okay that he drives a huge piece of steel around with no worries that his lack of "equilibrium" could cause a severe accident, hurting himself, or more importantly, hurting another innocent bystander? That's been bothering me. Just my thoughts............. I'm not wishing injury on anyone,and I'd love to give them the benefit of the doubt, but the lack of info they give really hurts their credibility.

BTW, since he is not playing as of yet, he is going to the games to cheer his team on, isn't he?

Crosby is a joke. I do think he is an excellent player, absolutely one of the best, but that's where it ends and comes to a screeching halt. . His deliberate embellishing instigation's, his constant whining, attention seeking tantrums, and his ever present poor sportsmanship pretty much cancels out "He's a good player", in my opinion, of course!!

Crosby is a joke. I do think he is an excellent player, absolutely one of the best, but that's where it ends and comes to a screeching halt. . His deliberate embellishing instigation's, his constant whining, attention seeking tantrums, and his ever present poor sportsmanship pretty much cancels out "He's a good player", in my opinion, of course!!

I think that just about sums up everyone's opnion of him. Can he play hockey? Yes. But he's not so amazing that I can look past the diving and whining and drama. When he matures I'll rescind my dislike of him. This isn't soccer, I don't like seeing players try to draw penalties. I know Crosby isn't the only one to ever do it, but he makes a habit of it and it's frustrating to watch. Give him a few more years and I think he'll mature enough it won't be an issue anymore.

Not to mention that just like Tim Tebow he has a bit too much media frenzy attention for my tastes. If any other player had a concussion we wouldn't get daily updates.

I think that just about sums up everyone's opnion of him. Can he play hockey? Yes. But he's not so amazing that I can look past the diving and whining and drama. When he matures I'll rescind my dislike of him. This isn't soccer, I don't like seeing players try to draw penalties. I know Crosby isn't the only one to ever do it, but he makes a habit of it and it's frustrating to watch. Give him a few more years and I think he'll mature enough it won't be an issue anymore.

Not to mention that just like Tim Tebow he has a bit too much media frenzy attention for my tastes. If any other player had a concussion we wouldn't get daily updates.

Not every other player is in the top 2 or 3 in the league. And for God's sake, we hada Lilja update about his concussion every week. I cannot believe all the bias hate in this thread.

Not every other player is in the top 2 or 3 in the league. And for God's sake, we hada Lilja update about his concussion every week. I cannot believe all the bias hate in this thread.

You shouldn't be. I was crucified for saying Crosby was the best in the league when he was on the 11th best game scoring streak in the history of the game(51 points in 25 games).

This forum just has a seething hatred for anything that is about Sidney Crosby, and I will never understand.

You shouldn't be. I was crucified for saying Crosby was the best in the league when he was on the 11th best game scoring streak in the history of the game(51 points in 25 games).

This forum just has a seething hatred for anything that is about Sidney Crosby, and I will never understand.

He makes a good villian. I hate him, won't lie about that. I think its false to say he's not a great hockey player. Doesn't mean I have to like him. He has blatantly dived in the past and will instigate without being willing to drop gloves. He simply isn't the type of hockey player I can cheer for. Honestly, a part of me believes that he is playing up the concussion, because on the ice I have seen him play up a minor pump or tap into a hard hit or slash.

Skill and how much I like someone is completely seperate. Crosby could hold ever record and I would still dislike him. Just like how I hate Big Ben.

Will instigate without being willing to drop gloves.

He has more fights than a certain #8 that has piles upon piles of questionable hits to answer to.

Look I understand not liking him(I mean he did lead the Penguins to a Stanley Cup win in Joe Louis), but I was getting spammed with "You aren't a Detroit fan", even getting just plain insulted for an opinion on a hockey player. I just never got the whole I wish his career is over sentiment that prevails here.

Also comparing him to Big Ben is confusing to me, when was Crosby ever accused of raping women? Or hell when has Crosby ever been in legal trouble?

Also comparing him to Big Ben is confusing to me, when was Crosby ever accused of raping women? Or hell when has Crosby ever been in legal trouble?

Okay, bad example. I meant it that I hate certain players no matter what and that's just the way it is. Crosby is a very love/hate kind of guy. I would never say "He needs to be injured and never play again", I simply don't like him. In Ben's case it's because he's a scumbag, for Crosby he's just not my sort of guy. The fact that Crosby is a good player isn't argueable, he is. Just, there's something about him that makes me dislike him.

Basically, a player is always gonna be love/hate on some level, so really there's no point in arguing it. You can argue if he's as good as someone else or if he's really that much of an asset to his team, but you can't argue that he doesn't deserve to play in the NHL when he can. If he could mature some and stop the diving (Which he admittedly has receny) I may one day be able to tolerate him. It's just so hard to. Especially for Wings fans, it's never going to feel like we weren't cheated out of that Cup. So of course the player that ESPN and all the media said basically singlehandedly beat us is gonna make Wings fans sore. Crosby gets way too much credit sometimes, I get that "Please just stop talking already" when he gets brought up, which leads to my dislike.

Crosby is on the list with NFL quarterbacks and Lebron and a few others who people will hate "Just because"

He makes a good villian. I hate him, won't lie about that. I think its false to say he's not a great hockey player. Doesn't mean I have to like him. He has blatantly dived in the past and will instigate without being willing to drop gloves. He simply isn't the type of hockey player I can cheer for. Honestly, a part of me believes that he is playing up the concussion, because on the ice I have seen him play up a minor pump or tap into a hard hit or slash.

Skill and how much I like someone is completely seperate. Crosby could hold ever record and I would still dislike him. Just like how I hate Big Ben.

Franzen dives just as much, do you hate him as well? Have you ever cheered for Franzen? I hate Crosby as well, not for his on ice actions, but mostly because he looks like a smug little turd and has been forced down our throats. But to say he's playing up a concussion is just crazy talk. You don't sit out of games by your own choosing, no one would. Not even when Claude knew he was going to get his ass beat by DMac did he want to sit out. Even the biggest ***** in the NHL a decade ago wouldn't sit out of games due to headaches, he'd want to get in there and help his team.

Franzen dives just as much, do you hate him as well? Have you ever cheered for Franzen? I hate Crosby as well, not for his on ice actions, but mostly because he looks like a smug little turd and has been forced down our throats. But to say he's playing up a concussion is just crazy talk. You don't sit out of games by your own choosing, no one would. Not even when Claude knew he was going to get his ass beat by DMac did he want to sit out. Even the biggest ***** in the NHL a decade ago wouldn't sit out of games due to headaches, he'd want to get in there and help his team.

The difference is Franzen is on our team ;) Crosby is like Tom Brady, people just like to hate him.

crosby cleared for contact per TSN

we shall see how he handles coming back from this. is he one hit away from being done and going the savard route?

he will definitely have a target on his back now and guys will be gunning to line him up good.

keep that head up kid.