• Please log in to reply
245 replies to this topic

#241 RedBengals

RedBengals

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:40 PM

Also comparing him to Big Ben is confusing to me, when was Crosby ever accused of raping women? Or hell when has Crosby ever been in legal trouble?

Okay, bad example. I meant it that I hate certain players no matter what and that's just the way it is. Crosby is a very love/hate kind of guy. I would never say "He needs to be injured and never play again", I simply don't like him. In Ben's case it's because he's a scumbag, for Crosby he's just not my sort of guy. The fact that Crosby is a good player isn't argueable, he is. Just, there's something about him that makes me dislike him.

Basically, a player is always gonna be love/hate on some level, so really there's no point in arguing it. You can argue if he's as good as someone else or if he's really that much of an asset to his team, but you can't argue that he doesn't deserve to play in the NHL when he can. If he could mature some and stop the diving (Which he admittedly has receny) I may one day be able to tolerate him. It's just so hard to. Especially for Wings fans, it's never going to feel like we weren't cheated out of that Cup. So of course the player that ESPN and all the media said basically singlehandedly beat us is gonna make Wings fans sore. Crosby gets way too much credit sometimes, I get that "Please just stop talking already" when he gets brought up, which leads to my dislike.

Crosby is on the list with NFL quarterbacks and Lebron and a few others who people will hate "Just because"

#242 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 12:55 AM

He makes a good villian. I hate him, won't lie about that. I think its false to say he's not a great hockey player. Doesn't mean I have to like him. He has blatantly dived in the past and will instigate without being willing to drop gloves. He simply isn't the type of hockey player I can cheer for. Honestly, a part of me believes that he is playing up the concussion, because on the ice I have seen him play up a minor pump or tap into a hard hit or slash.

Skill and how much I like someone is completely seperate. Crosby could hold ever record and I would still dislike him. Just like how I hate Big Ben.

Franzen dives just as much, do you hate him as well? Have you ever cheered for Franzen? I hate Crosby as well, not for his on ice actions, but mostly because he looks like a smug little turd and has been forced down our throats. But to say he's playing up a concussion is just crazy talk. You don't sit out of games by your own choosing, no one would. Not even when Claude knew he was going to get his ass beat by DMac did he want to sit out. Even the biggest ***** in the NHL a decade ago wouldn't sit out of games due to headaches, he'd want to get in there and help his team.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#243 13GoWings40

13GoWings40

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:08 AM

Crosby placed on IR
http://sports.yahoo....crosby-10093996

Edit: link

Edited by 13GoWings40, 04 October 2011 - 11:08 AM.

#244 RedBengals

RedBengals

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:31 AM

Franzen dives just as much, do you hate him as well? Have you ever cheered for Franzen? I hate Crosby as well, not for his on ice actions, but mostly because he looks like a smug little turd and has been forced down our throats. But to say he's playing up a concussion is just crazy talk. You don't sit out of games by your own choosing, no one would. Not even when Claude knew he was going to get his ass beat by DMac did he want to sit out. Even the biggest ***** in the NHL a decade ago wouldn't sit out of games due to headaches, he'd want to get in there and help his team.

The difference is Franzen is on our team ;) Crosby is like Tom Brady, people just like to hate him.

#245 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 10:17 AM

crosby cleared for contact per TSN

we shall see how he handles coming back from this. is he one hit away from being done and going the savard route?

he will definitely have a target on his back now and guys will be gunning to line him up good.

keep that head up kid.
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#246 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 10:56 AM

Roenick's going to be pissed Sidney's in the news again.