• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CenterIce

Compilation of Yzerman Playoff Goals

Rate this topic

What he did in 2002 is something we'll be telling our grandchildren about. Obviously, he had a hall of fame career and was one of the most beloved figures in Detroit History before that season, but what he did that year separates him from all the other great leaders and athletes that have ever played professional sports in North America. When a normal, sane human being would've called it a very impressive career, one of the best careers of all-time, Steve Yzerman fought through all the pain and adversity and single-handedly lifted a team of future Hall-of-Famers out of a 2-0 series deficit and eventually hoisted the Stanley Cup when it was all said and done. Amazing stuff from the greatest captain in North American sports history (Mark Messier Leadership Award is such a load of crap. He couldn't hold a candle to Stevie Y as far as leadership is concerned).

As you can probably tell, I still haven't gotten over my Yzerman obsession.

Edited by stevie for president

He's a great example that in the playoffs skill can take you only that far. He just hearts the puck in on so many of these goals. Much like Draper once teethed the puck in once in '08.

Edited by P. Marlowe

Couple thoughts that came to my mind...

--I remember that Holmstrom-Yzerman-McCarty line and how it wasn't just Holmstrom in front of the net. All three guys would rotate in front of the net depending on the cycle. It's interesting to think about whether or not that kind of rotation in today's game would be better for teams. Or worse.

--He may not be a fan favorite in Detroit but you gotta give Sergei Fedorov credit. He was great. Simply great.

--I miss Stevie Y's passion and the emotion he showed at times. We don't really see that as much now with him gone.

--Stevie Y's shot to the short side through the smallest holes was awesome every time.

Almost brings a tear to my eye. He's been my idol since I was 4 years old back in 1988. What a legend. And for my money the greatest hockey player of all time. Could score with the best of them, yet was amazing defensively. The total package player. And he's somehow very modest. Still really miss the guy. I must admit I did shed tears during his retirement ceremony. I just hope one day he returns to the organization. I will always rock my red CCM Yzerman jersey during the playoffs. What a warrior. STEVE YZERMAN FOREVER

I just found it. Thank whoever made it.

That would be me :D. Thanks for starting the thread though, I was going to do it after the video was uploaded but I completely forgot.

Also if any of you are interested in seeing similar videos for some other Wings, I'm in the process of making one for Shanny, Fedorov, Lidstrom and The Grind Line. Most of those should be out this week.