• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

GSBrooks13

Brunnström to try out for Wings

Rate this topic

Interesting. Anyone have any reports on him? All i really remember is the hype a few years back. Looking at his numbers, it seems like he had a pretty good rookie season with the Stars but nothing after that.

I'm all for a try out, though, hopefully he realizes some of that potential.

Maybe this will jog people's memories:

TSN: Brunnström talks to Red Wings, Canadiens next

After He decided to sign with Dallas instead of Detroit, the Wings went out and picked up a different player who flopped with his initial NHL team. Remember him?

Ville Leino.

You say that like Ville Leino has done anything except sign a contract too big for his britches.

Im all for it! The guy still has loooooads of potential. Lets see what he can do when hes fighting for a roster spot instead of having one given to him.

Hes the kind of guy I would love to see on our 3rd line, if he can get his s*** together.

Franzen, Datsyuk, Bertuzzi

Cleary, Zetterberg, Mursak

Brunnstrom, Filppula, Hudler

Abdelkader/Holmstrom, Helm, Eaves

Miller

Emmerton(traded?)

That looks like a deadly line up to me. :thumbup:

Im all for it! The guy still has loooooads of potential. Lets see what he can do when hes fighting for a roster spot instead of having one given to him.

Hes the kind of guy I would love to see on our 3rd line, if he can get his s*** together.

Franzen, Datsyuk, Bertuzzi

Cleary, Zetterberg, Mursak

Brunnstrom, Filppula, Hudler

Abdelkader/Holmstrom, Helm, Eaves

Miller

Emmerton(traded?)

That looks like a deadly line up to me. :thumbup:

I really don't mean to make this a Hudler thread... but Mursak has to earn a spot in the lineup first. And beyond that, the Cleary/Zetterberg/Hudler and Cleary/Datsyuk/Hudler lines were absolutely DEADLY combinations last season. So how about we start with:

Hudler/Datsyuk/Cleary

Franzen/Zetterberg/Holmstrom

Brunnstrom/Filppula/Bertuzzi

Mursak/Helm/Eaves

OR

Hudler/Zetterberg/Bertuzzi

Filppula/Datsyuk/Franzen

Cleary/Helm/Eaves

Brunnstrom/Abdelkader/Holmstrom

The third line here is basically a ramped up version of the fourth line in the previous lineup. This lineup also allows for less even strength time for Homer while still keeping him in an effective role; his line has some offensive talent but can be used as a checking line as it is anchored by Abdelkader. I would expect, though, to have something closer to the first lineup but with Abdelkader instead of Brunnstrom.

I really don't mean to make this a Hudler thread... but Mursak has to earn a spot in the lineup first. And beyond that, the Cleary/Zetterberg/Hudler and Cleary/Datsyuk/Hudler lines were absolutely DEADLY combinations last season. So how about we start with:

Hudler/Datsyuk/Cleary

Mursak/Helm/Eaves

OR

Filppula/Datsyuk/Franzen

Cleary/Helm/Eaves

The third line here is basically a ramped up version of the fourth line in the previous lineup. This lineup also allows for less even strength time for Homer while still keeping him in an effective role; his line has some offensive talent but can be used as a checking line as it is anchored by Abdelkader. I would expect, though, to have something closer to the first lineup but with Abdelkader instead of Brunnstrom.

yeah those all look like good combos to me. I just have a feeling that Mursak is going to be a lot better than most give him credit for, and will eventually make his way up onto the 2nd line. We shall see I guess....

Hudler/Datsyuk/Cleary

Mursak/Helm/Eaves

OR

Filppula/Datsyuk/Franzen

Cleary/Helm/Eaves

Come on really? You say mursak needs to earn a spot but you go ahead and assign Hudler to a first line role? Did i miss something? Last i checked, Hudler was an undersized 2nd/3rd liner healrhy scratch last year, whom has been discussed in numerous trade rumors around Detroit. Theres no denying that babcock isnt a huge fan of him as it is, he doesnt play defense, and refuses to shoot the puck...where in all that did he earn a 1st line spot. I dont like to come in and flame people about stuff, but you somehow turn everything into a Hudler discussion and you make him out to be way better than he is. Its just getting a little old...whenever i see your name in a thread now i know im going to read something about Happy Hudler. Im not a Hudler hater by any stretch, im pretty neutral, but how/when did he earn a first like spot on this team? It baffles me, especially when you come in talking about other players having to earn spots in the lineup, but somehow give Hudler top honors like hes a top 20 player in the league.

Hudler/Datsyuk/Cleary

Mursak/Helm/Eaves

OR

Filppula/Datsyuk/Franzen

Cleary/Helm/Eaves

:o

you're jiri hudler!