• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

GSBrooks13

Brunnström to try out for Wings

Rate this topic

I remember when this guy was looking to sign somewhere and every LGW fan was saying how this guy was worth signing. They belittled Holland for not working harder to get him.

Yet, when he flopped, all the LGW fans quickly changed their tune and started thanking God that they didn't sign him. Fast forward a couple years later and we have a signed him to a tryout. I think this is a good opportunity for him. He has potential to really make a positive impact. I really don't see him going to Grand Rapids though. I also don't see him in the NHL with the Wings unless he really tears it up. Cracking the Wings lineup is not easy.

Edited by Nightfall

is it my mind playing tricks with age or did he have a contract with Dallas that triggered off a large bonus when he had played 100 games in the Bigs? just seems strange that he got to 99 and then got sent down, he hadnt scored for 12 games before being sent to Texas. 40 points from 99 outings aint to shabby either really. I hope he comes to camp with the right attitude and frame of mind to earn a place.

I'd be on board with maybe signing him to a two-way deal using him as a call-up forward if we need one during the season I can't see him making the Red Wings roster but he could add some depth to the Griffins roster and if he does well enough maybe he gets more time in the NHL. I'd be on board if the Wings could make it work without sacrificing what we have now.

Though Emmerton should be getting ready for a fight.

My thoughts exactly... the signing of Conner and now the Brunnstrom try-out are REALLY going to push Emmerton in camp...

How crazy would it be if Brunnstrom came into camp like a beast and worked his way not only onto the team, but actually into the lineup, that would really throw a wrench into things...

All and all though, these are good problems to have

My thoughts exactly... the signing of Conner and now the Brunnstrom try-out are REALLY going to push Emmerton in camp...

How crazy would it be if Brunnstrom came into camp like a beast and worked his way not only onto the team, but actually into the lineup, that would really throw a wrench into things...

All and all though, these are good problems to have

I would imagine that's the deal it has to be for Brunnstrom to stay with the Wings this season. He could make it as the 14th forward over Emmerton but really he's the type of player that would fit well on a 3rd line that has a chance to produce.

Best case scenario he turns into a first year Samuelsson acquisition. Samuelsson hadn't put up more than 8 goals and 22 points before coming to Detroit, getting a chance to play, and putting up 23 g and 22 a.

Worst case scenario, he fizzles in training camp and Brunnstrom goes back to Sweden.

Well, Holland could either be hoping for a miracle with Brunnstrom turning into a secondary scorer, or else he's just giving Brunnstrom a chance to show off for other teams and get his career going again.

Not the first time he's done that for someone. I think we could make a full team of players who've come through our tryouts. Not a good team- maybe good enough to beat Edmonton- but a team nonetheless.

It's a good situation. We get the cream of the crop, and the rest get the opportunity to advertise themselves to go elsewhere.

Not the first time he's done that for someone. I think we could make a full team of players who've come through our tryouts. Not a good team- maybe good enough to beat Edmonton- but a team nonetheless.

It's a good situation. We get the cream of the crop, and the rest get the opportunity to advertise themselves to go elsewhere.

Also pushes the guys in camp who thought they were already a lock for a spot.

Yeah, but you do get a PK unit which includes Rem Murray and Brent Sopel. Unfortunately I think you're still stuck with Cloutier in net.

Please tell me that is a joke...Brunnstrom has a future. Nolan has a future nursing home picked out.

Last time we brought a guy like Nolan in (Drake) he was huge in a cup win. Nolan would be hungry because I'm pretty sure he has no cup and he could still be a third line scorer probably.

Brunnstrom has busted, hes not young anymore and wasnt even good with the Marlies last year. I watched him play against the griffins enough.

I would rather see Connor make the team