• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

GSBrooks13

Brunnström to try out for Wings

Rate this topic

Last time we brought a guy like Nolan in (Drake) he was huge in a cup win. Nolan would be hungry because I'm pretty sure he has no cup and he could still be a third line scorer probably.

Brunnstrom has busted, hes not young anymore and wasnt even good with the Marlies last year. I watched him play against the griffins enough.

I would rather see Connor make the team

26 is young enough that he could improve.

Even if Brunnstrom shows he can play on the Wings, he's still going to have an insanely tough time getting ice time. The Wings coaching staff doesnt give ice time based on what if. They make their players earn their ice time over time. Just look at Hudler...he leaves the team and comes back and finds himself on the 3rd and 4th line. Hudler's style of play is made for a top 6 spot....or just look at Leino for that matter... But Babcock makes his players earn their keep, which is the way is should be everywhere...nobody is given anything in this organization, which is why this team has always been so accountable....

I love what Holland has done this off-season on all accounts. Short of a potential over-payment for Ericsson (it still needs to be determined by his play and with a new D coach, he could very well grow into that contract), this off-season has been spectacular, he added depth and competition, which can only lead to players working harder and set the team up to re-sign all of our players next season, PLUS be a potential REAL player for someone like Shea Weber at the deadline (even though that could not have been anticipated at the time)

In Holland We Trust.

Last time we brought a guy like Nolan in (Drake) he was huge in a cup win. Nolan would be hungry because I'm pretty sure he has no cup and he could still be a third line scorer probably.

Brunnstrom has busted, hes not young anymore and wasnt even good with the Marlies last year. I watched him play against the griffins enough.

I don't think you can compare Drake to Nolan at all.......and why would we give a senior Citizen like Nolan a spot on our third line...who would he replace? Abby? Helm? Makes perfect sense to me.

Brunnstrom hasnt been given a real shot since his 1st year with Dallas- the Leafs farm team cant even be considered as real hockey! Give the young buck a chance!

Nolan couldn't get a contract in the NHL last year for a reason

hint: it's not because he's good enough to be a third liner

Haven't seen this posted so I thought I might as well give it a shot...

http://theproductionline.us/tryout-ramis-sadikov/

Not like he would make the team or be an impact right away, but maybe a project in the future? Could he find a home in GR? Posted decent numbers in the OHL with signs of inconsistency.. But he's HUGE and he's a fighter, if he ever were to pan out I feel like wings fans would love him...

Haven't seen this posted so I thought I might as well give it a shot...

http://theproductionline.us/tryout-ramis-sadikov/

Not like he would make the team or be an impact right away, but maybe a project in the future? Could he find a home in GR? Posted decent numbers in the OHL with signs of inconsistency.. But he's HUGE and he's a fighter, if he ever were to pan out I feel like wings fans would love him...

I like Petr Marazk better.

i see Fabian has said he would accept any sort of contract the Wings org offered him, i still think he'll get a 2 year 2 way deal with the scond year a one way, spend some time in GR with a few call ups then next season he'll be Homers replacement.

i see Fabian has said he would accept any sort of contract the Wings org offered him, i still think he'll get a 2 year 2 way deal with the scond year a one way, spend some time in GR with a few call ups then next season he'll be Homers replacement.

This excited me when I saw it. Making the Wings would have been tough, the stars would have needed to be aligned (no pun intended) that's for sure. I think he fit's this group great and will be in a Wing wheel at some point soon.

Hard to think about anything other than the horrible crash right now.

But yeah, I love Brunnstrom's attitude.

“If the Red Wings want to keep me in their organization I'm happy wherever they want to put me -- the 'A' team here, or in Grand Rapids or wherever,'' Brunnstrom said. "Of course I want to play with the Red Wings, but just to be with the organization is a big thing for me.''

Hard to think about anything other than the horrible crash right now.

But yeah, I love Brunnstrom's attitude.

That attitude will certainly help but like someone already mentioned, it's pretty much top-six or GR the way I see it. There's probably little use for him on the bottom two lines.

Brunnstrom-Andersson-Nyquist

Edited by Red Wings Addict

Little focker changed his tune from a year or so ago.... Wonder why...

He's been humbled a little, that's a good thing - That is when players excel and reclamation projects in the Winged Wheel begin...

I'm glad to hear this from him and think there is still a lot of upside to him, hopefully he earns a contract, has a real good year in GR this season with a potential couple call-ups and can fight his way onto the roster next season... as I've been saying this whole thread: having almost too many good, NHL-caliber quality players is a good problem to have

That looks very very nice.

Two out of three of those players have drawn comparisons to Zetterberg.

Jimmy Howard, obviously an alum and huge fan of Maine's hockey program, referred to Nyquist as a "poor man's Zetterberg".

Hakan Andersson referred to Joakim Andersson as a third line version of Zetterberg or something to that effect.

Guest Heaten

Two out of three of those players have drawn comparisons to Zetterberg.

Jimmy Howard, obviously an alum and huge fan of Maine's hockey program, referred to Nyquist as a "poor man's Zetterberg".

Hakan Andersson referred to Joakim Andersson as a third line version of Zetterberg or something to that effect.

So basically a Filppula.

He's definitely saying all the right things - http://www.freep.com/article/20110909/SPORTS05/110909035/1053/sports05

Let's hope he means those words and comes into camp determined... he has a ton of potential and if his attitude is truly the way he is speaking now, he'd be a welcome addition to the organization and could really help GR next year en route to making the Wings in 12/13

Guest Heaten

I'm not sure what people see in Brunnstrom... He didn't even play in the top 6 role in the SEL.

Glad he's invited to camp, but I doubt the guy will ever crack the NHL. He's severely overhyped.

I'm not sure what people see in Brunnstrom... He didn't even play in the top 6 role in the SEL.

Glad he's invited to camp, but I doubt the guy will ever crack the NHL. He's severely overhyped.

Agree, I mean look at all the numbers he’s posted throughout his career; he’s very, very overhyped. I really don’t see the ‘tons of potential’ that is always spoken of. Look, I’m more than happy to have him in our system, I’d like to have him play in GR, but I doubt he ever makes this team and if he does, I doubt he makes it to a scoring line role.

Who knows, he could be the next Mikael Samuelsson. Guy did do anything until he joined the Wings as a tryout. Brunnstrom clearly won't be a superstar, but he could be a nice second-line winger in a year or two.

Who knows, he could be the next Mikael Samuelsson. Guy did do anything until he joined the Wings as a tryout. Brunnstrom clearly won't be a superstar, but he could be a nice second-line winger in a year or two.

I was thinking of the same comparison to Samuelsson but he added some real grit to his game though. We have yet to see Brunnstrom truly show that he's willing to throw some hits. He's got an attitude that he just wants to be a part of the organization. We'll find out how willing he really is because if he can't make enough of an impact with his scoring ability and then he's going to have to use those same skills to do other things. If you can think like an offensive player then there's not much in the way of knowing what other offensive players think and using that knowledge to your advantage on the defensive end like Babs often says.