• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#61 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 06:43 PM

Yup. Got a 5th rounder & Ole-Kristian Tollefsen for Leino.

A 5th rounder that turned out to be Mattias Backman. Not any real excitement for the kid right now but ah well.

#62 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:57 AM

I strongly believe he would have been better off playing in GR than Dallas. This is the proof.

I have to say though... he is going to end up being picked up off waivers... I predict by the Islanders.

Just call it a hunch.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#63 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:00 AM

I'd be on board with maybe signing him to a two-way deal using him as a call-up forward if we need one during the season I can't see him making the Red Wings roster but he could add some depth to the Griffins roster and if he does well enough maybe he gets more time in the NHL. I'd be on board if the Wings could make it work without sacrificing what we have now.

#64 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:03 AM

Though Emmerton should be getting ready for a fight.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#65 ss112

ss112

Draftee

• 1 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:21 AM

Guys, vote for Detroit Red Wings!!! Prove that we are the most popular in Europe!

http://sportdialog.r...chikov-v-evrope

#66 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:34 AM

Though Emmerton should be getting ready for a fight.

My thoughts exactly... the signing of Conner and now the Brunnstrom try-out are REALLY going to push Emmerton in camp...

How crazy would it be if Brunnstrom came into camp like a beast and worked his way not only onto the team, but actually into the lineup, that would really throw a wrench into things...

All and all though, these are good problems to have

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#67 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:14 AM

My thoughts exactly... the signing of Conner and now the Brunnstrom try-out are REALLY going to push Emmerton in camp...

How crazy would it be if Brunnstrom came into camp like a beast and worked his way not only onto the team, but actually into the lineup, that would really throw a wrench into things...

All and all though, these are good problems to have

I would imagine that's the deal it has to be for Brunnstrom to stay with the Wings this season. He could make it as the 14th forward over Emmerton but really he's the type of player that would fit well on a 3rd line that has a chance to produce.

Best case scenario he turns into a first year Samuelsson acquisition. Samuelsson hadn't put up more than 8 goals and 22 points before coming to Detroit, getting a chance to play, and putting up 23 g and 22 a.

Worst case scenario, he fizzles in training camp and Brunnstrom goes back to Sweden.
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#68 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:15 PM

Well, Holland could either be hoping for a miracle with Brunnstrom turning into a secondary scorer, or else he's just giving Brunnstrom a chance to show off for other teams and get his career going again.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#69 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,081 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:32 PM

can we just pay him enough to play the first game of the season?
Posted Image

#70 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,937 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 06:56 AM

Well, Holland could either be hoping for a miracle with Brunnstrom turning into a secondary scorer, or else he's just giving Brunnstrom a chance to show off for other teams and get his career going again.

Not the first time he's done that for someone. I think we could make a full team of players who've come through our tryouts. Not a good team- maybe good enough to beat Edmonton- but a team nonetheless.

It's a good situation. We get the cream of the crop, and the rest get the opportunity to advertise themselves to go elsewhere.

#71 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,270 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:37 AM

Not the first time he's done that for someone. I think we could make a full team of players who've come through our tryouts. Not a good team- maybe good enough to beat Edmonton- but a team nonetheless.

It's a good situation. We get the cream of the crop, and the rest get the opportunity to advertise themselves to go elsewhere.

Also pushes the guys in camp who thought they were already a lock for a spot.
Posted Image

#72 Krayzie_Bone

Krayzie_Bone

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:38 AM

I like it hes pretty big maybe he can learn from Holmstrom just wprobably will not be as good in front but more skill.

Edited by Krayzie_Bone, 18 August 2011 - 10:39 AM.

#73 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 01:57 PM

Yeah, but you do get a PK unit which includes Rem Murray and Brent Sopel. Unfortunately I think you're still stuck with Cloutier in net.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#74 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:28 PM

Meh I woulda rather seen Owen Nolan come and fill a Dallas Drake type role, cant hurt but doubt he get signed

Please tell me that is a joke...Brunnstrom has a future. Nolan has a future nursing home picked out.
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#75 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 11:24 AM

Please tell me that is a joke...Brunnstrom has a future. Nolan has a future nursing home picked out.

Last time we brought a guy like Nolan in (Drake) he was huge in a cup win. Nolan would be hungry because I'm pretty sure he has no cup and he could still be a third line scorer probably.

Brunnstrom has busted, hes not young anymore and wasnt even good with the Marlies last year. I watched him play against the griffins enough.

I would rather see Connor make the team

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#76 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 10:33 PM

Last time we brought a guy like Nolan in (Drake) he was huge in a cup win. Nolan would be hungry because I'm pretty sure he has no cup and he could still be a third line scorer probably.

Brunnstrom has busted, hes not young anymore and wasnt even good with the Marlies last year. I watched him play against the griffins enough.

I would rather see Connor make the team

26 is young enough that he could improve.

Posted Image

#77 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:05 AM

26 is young enough that he could improve.

Nope, he's done. At least according to LGW logic. See: Filppula, Valtteri and Hudler, Jiri for more on the subject.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#78 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:34 AM

Nope, he's done. At least according to LGW logic. See: Filppula, Valtteri and Hudler, Jiri for more on the subject.

Don't forget to include Jonathan Ericsson into the mix
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#79 grandcircuspark

grandcircuspark

Draftee

• 3 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:29 AM

Even if Brunnstrom shows he can play on the Wings, he's still going to have an insanely tough time getting ice time. The Wings coaching staff doesnt give ice time based on what if. They make their players earn their ice time over time. Just look at Hudler...he leaves the team and comes back and finds himself on the 3rd and 4th line. Hudler's style of play is made for a top 6 spot....or just look at Leino for that matter... But Babcock makes his players earn their keep, which is the way is should be everywhere...nobody is given anything in this organization, which is why this team has always been so accountable....

#80 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:47 AM

I love what Holland has done this off-season on all accounts. Short of a potential over-payment for Ericsson (it still needs to be determined by his play and with a new D coach, he could very well grow into that contract), this off-season has been spectacular, he added depth and competition, which can only lead to players working harder and set the team up to re-sign all of our players next season, PLUS be a potential REAL player for someone like Shea Weber at the deadline (even though that could not have been anticipated at the time)

In Holland We Trust.

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.