• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
GMRwings1983

Islanders Hosting Party to Celebrate Fight Night

Rate this topic

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/feed/2011-02/isles-vs-pens

Anyone else find this rather strange?

I mean it was a fun game and all, but this is not the LNAH. I'm surprised to see an "NHL" team doing this. It's sad how far this franchise has fallen and has nothing else to celebrate. I wonder what the league will do about this?

P.S. I wish I had the time and money to attend this event. Should be a fun night. :D

There's a lot of misinformation in this thread. From what I've read, MSG chose multiple games to show throughout the summer and this is one of them. I believe a bar is hosting the party, and the Islanders are supporting/promoting the party. I don't believe the Islanders organization chose this game to be shown, it was MSG.

There's a lot of misinformation in this thread. From what I've read, MSG chose multiple games to show throughout the summer and this is one of them. I believe a bar is hosting the party, and the Islanders are supporting/promoting the party. I don't believe the Islanders organization chose this game to be shown, it was MSG.

Where's the misinformation? The Isles are supporting and promoting the party as you stated.

They should be trying to distance themselves from this instead. It's in the past and is not some Cup win they're promoting.

Where's the misinformation? The Isles are supporting and promoting the party as you stated.

They should be trying to distance themselves from this instead. It's in the past and is not some Cup win they're promoting.

The Isles didn't choose to show the game- MSG did. The Isles aren't hosting the party themselves- a bar is and there is no evidence I've seen that Isles prompted the bar to do so.

While the Isles are promoting the event, it isn't their event. Their involvement is only to draw awareness from the fans, and I don't think any of them have a problem with the event. They see the game as a turning point for the team, and from what I've heard, the fans like the game (outside of the Gillies incident).

Outside of the Gillies incident, I'm surprised to see fans here look down on this event who praise the Wings for fight night.

The Isles didn't choose to show the game- MSG did. The Isles aren't hosting the party themselves- a bar is and there is no evidence I've seen that Isles prompted the bar to do so.

While the Isles are promoting the event, it isn't their event. Their involvement is only to draw awareness from the fans, and I don't think any of them have a problem with the event. They see the game as a turning point for the team, and from what I've heard, the fans like the game (outside of the Gillies incident).

Outside of the Gillies incident, I'm surprised to see fans here look down on this event who praise the Wings for fight night.

I don't look down on it. I enjoyed the game.

I'm just surprised to see an NHL team doing this. I figured they'd want to distance themselves from anymore talk about a game that honestly meant nothing in the big picture.

It's one thing to enjoy and even revel in a Fight Night - it's quite another to host a team-sanctioned party specifically to celebrate said brawl.

Really, folks? What was the #1 requested game for the History of Hockeytown dvd set? The Brawl in Hockeytown (we've even given that game a name!). Let's not get too far up those high horses.

Edited by dteowner

"most around hockey, consider it an embarrassment"

That writer is either delusional or a moron who doesn't know a thing about hockey. The only people that felt that way were Pens fans. Most of the rest of hockey fans thought it was great that the Pens finally got a little taste of their own medicine.

Edited by sleepwalker