NHL 12 Yzerman!

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Murphdog

Murphdog

Draftee

• 6 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:23 PM

Yzerman is back as a Legend in NHL 12 by EA Sports.

Click here to see other legends!

I loved playing as Yzerman during the EA Sports NHL 1998-2005 series, but the technology increased and Stevey retired. Now he's back!

What do you all think of this?

Will you purchase NHL 12?

#2 Mickey Redmond

Mickey Redmond

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:52 PM

Howe was in the trailer too. also I buy this game every year just wish they made legendary teams like they did for montreal for the rest of the original six teams.

#3 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:59 PM

Yzerman is back as a Legend in NHL 12 by EA Sports.

Click here to see other legends!

I loved playing as Yzerman during the EA Sports NHL 1998-2005 series, but the technology increased and Stevey retired. Now he's back!

What do you all think of this?

Well if they ever decide to reintroduce the series to the PC then maybe. In all honestly though I only buy a new NHL game when they add real upgrade value to it. I think I have owned 5 ('09 being the last purchased) from the series but each new purchase got me better graphics and much better player control.

EDIT: My list of the NHL series I have owned:
NHL 95 SNES
NHL 98 PS one
NHL 2000 PC
NHL 2002 PC
NHL 2009 PC

Edited by dragonballgtz, 16 August 2011 - 05:02 PM.

#4 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,216 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 05:13 PM

Do they make it for Super Nintendo? That's the last system I owned.

Seriously though I want a PS3, mostly for the Blu-Ray, but I have to admit, the few times I've played NHL and other games on it, its been fun.

I read an article the other day about this saying how Chelios is part of the Legends thing.... but in a Hawks jersey. :scared:

Edit:

Best game of all time (imo) NHL 94 for Sega Genesis.

Edited by hooon, 16 August 2011 - 05:14 PM.

Posted Image

#5 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,709 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 07:04 PM

I'll buy it, but as I stated in the other thread, I wish they'd go to a 3-D rotational camera view, and not the standard view that they've gone with for too long now. It should at least be an option.

I just feel like it distances me from the game, instead of putting me right into it.

It's cool they'll have legends, but I'd rather have legendary teams rather than just 10 legends dispersed throughout the game, for any team possible.

I guess it's too early to judge the game. I'll buy it and see how it goes.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#6 MannyK

MannyK

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Location:Brookline, MA (formerly Clinton Township / Ann Arbor, MI)

Posted 16 August 2011 - 07:22 PM

Do they make it for Super Nintendo? That's the last system I owned.

Seriously though I want a PS3, mostly for the Blu-Ray, but I have to admit, the few times I've played NHL and other games on it, its been fun.

I read an article the other day about this saying how Chelios is part of the Legends thing.... but in a Hawks jersey. :scared:

Edit:

Best game of all time (imo) NHL 94 for Sega Genesis.

I'm pretty sure EA released a video with Cheli in a Wings jersey. it'd be kinda cool to have him available for Detroit, Chicago & Montreal!
Let's Go Wings!

#7 Mickey Redmond

Mickey Redmond

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:17 PM

I'll buy it, but as I stated in the other thread, I wish they'd go to a 3-D rotational camera view, and not the standard view that they've gone with for too long now. It should at least be an option.

I just feel like it distances me from the game, instead of putting me right into it.

It's cool they'll have legends, but I'd rather have legendary teams rather than just 10 legends dispersed throughout the game, for any team possible.

I guess it's too early to judge the game. I'll buy it and see how it goes.

have you played be a pro?

#8 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,709 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:41 PM

have you played be a pro?

No.

I haven't bought the last few NHL games. I just remember the boring aformentioned camera view from previous games that I'd bought before that. Also, I saw a basic simulation for this game and the camera view looked the same.

Why do you ask? Does be a pro give you a different perspective? Or were you referring to the legends part?

#9 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:45 PM

where do you see Yzerman officially announced in Legends? Only the 3 have been.. he's not in the trailer either, its all speculation who the other 6 are at the moment.

#10 MannyK

MannyK

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:00 PM

where do you see Yzerman officially announced in Legends? Only the 3 have been.. he's not in the trailer either, its all speculation who the other 6 are at the moment.

EASPORTSNHL Steve Yzerman makes his return to the videogame world as a legend in #NHL12 -@DetroitRedWings fans, love it? pic.twitter.com/89rFPjI
Let's Go Wings!

#11 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:13 PM

No.

I haven't bought the last few NHL games. I just remember the boring aformentioned camera view from previous games that I'd bought before that. Also, I saw a basic simulation for this game and the camera view looked the same.

Why do you ask? Does be a pro give you a different perspective? Or were you referring to the legends part?

Something like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm_zgfNWjTo

#12 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:32 AM

EASPORTSNHL Steve Yzerman makes his return to the videogame world as a legend in #NHL12 -@DetroitRedWings fans, love it? pic.twitter.com/89rFPjI

AWESOME!

#13 PaZel

PaZel

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:02 AM

The official Yzerman trailer!

Edited by PaZel, 17 August 2011 - 11:03 AM.

"I didn't know the draft was in alphabetical order." - Henrik Zetterberg

#14 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,195 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 12:50 PM

i will be playing Be A Pro this year excessively. it's gonna be amazing. gonna play 1 starting on the Wheat Kings and 1 on the Sea Dogs and then make extra saves when i finish my CHL part and reset the system until i get drafted by the Wings like i did this year and in NHL 10 i think. then i'll play Yzermans career again and destroy Gretzky's records.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#15 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,709 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:15 PM

Something like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm_zgfNWjTo

That looks pretty cool and that's kind of what I meant when I talked about the rotating 360 degree camera. It feels more lively than the usual one and puts you more into the game.

But I assume it's only for the "Be a Pro" option, and not for basic games.

#16 CenterIce

CenterIce

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:03 PM

I'm pretty sure EA released a video with Cheli in a Wings jersey. it'd be kinda cool to have him available for Detroit, Chicago & Montreal!

If you look at the video with Yzerman posted above, the last bit shows a line of players, and you can tell Chelios is one with a Blackhawks jersey with a C on it, However, the same video says you can put a legend on any team, even though they demonstrate it by putting Yzerman on Tampa.

#17 Wingzman91

Wingzman91

2nd Pair Defenseman

• Bronze Booster
  • 309 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:46 PM

Yes, to understand where 90% of trade rumors come from.
Still don't have all the trophies in '11 yet though. :P

#18 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:55 PM

But the 'C' is on the wrong side! Yzerman never wore a Wings jersey with the 'C' on the right.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#19 MannyK

MannyK

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:26 AM

But the 'C' is on the wrong side! Yzerman never wore a Wings jersey with the 'C' on the right.

I think with the NHL's exclusive Reebok deal, EA Sports isn't allowed to make the old style jerseys (CCM / KOHO), therefore not being able to have the C on the correct side for Yzerman's era
Let's Go Wings!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users