• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
number9

Kesler Sighting

Rate this topic

Kind of random, but I saw Kesler at the tigers game today. I was kinda surprised about how skinny he was. I mean he was REALLY thin. Like a twig. Skin and bone. He had a bad limp too, which I assume is from the hip surgery he just had. Maybe he lost weight from the surgery? Or maybe he's always been that thin and just looks bigger in his pads? i dont really kno, but with the style of game he plays im assuming he had to have lost a lot of weight over the summer.

Glad to see hes still a tigers fan thou :)

Edited by number9

I don't like to get in players faces about anything on their free time, but I would have loved to tell him how much respect I lost for him in the finals...

Then of course remind him all the respect would return if he one day signed a cheap contract for the Wings. :D

I don't like to get in players faces about anything on their free time, but I would have loved to tell him how much respect I lost for him in the finals...

Then of course remind him all the respect would return if he one day signed a cheap contract for the Wings. :D

It may just be wishful thinking, but I'd like to think that if he got on a team with a different culture and more character, that part of his game would improve. He's already matured a lot in Vancouver, and that's with the Sedin sisters flopping all over the ice as role models.

I'd hope that around players like Dats, Z, and Cleary, he'd be less inclined to pull that crap. Especially after having to answer to Babs if he ever got a diving penalty. He's too talented and has to many other great aspects of his game to be pulling that garbage.

It may just be wishful thinking, but I'd like to think that if he got on a team with a different culture and more character, that part of his game would improve. He's already matured a lot in Vancouver, and that's with the Sedin sisters flopping all over the ice as role models.

I'd hope that around players like Dats, Z, and Cleary, he'd be less inclined to pull that crap. Especially after having to answer to Babs if he ever got a diving penalty. He's too talented and has to many other great aspects of his game to be pulling that garbage.

Wishful thinking probably. We all think highly of the organization and all, but we'd be ignorant to think that Wings players don't flop from time to time (let's start with Franzen as an example).

Wishful thinking probably. We all think highly of the organization and all, but we'd be ignorant to think that Wings players don't flop from time to time (let's start with Franzen as an example).

I really have to go with the former on this one. It really does come down to team character.

Franzen hasn't acted anywhere near as bad as some, and it appears to me that someone had a talk with him on that.

It comes down to philosophy some think that if you aren't cheating you aren't trying. The Wings believe that to be false when coming to faking calls, but not when it comes to the faceoff circle... so the entire team has a rep now. Just like the entire Penguins team has a rep for whining. Respectively it goes back to Draper and Mario for the philosophy and reputation perpetuating.

The right team would fix Kesler, but he never is going to play for us. Therefore I would have no problem calling him out on his actions.

I definitely wasn't saying Wings players never dive. We had Maltby on the team. :P But as a team I think it's relatively low.

Honestly I think Homer is probably the biggest flopper on the Wings. Franzen used to, maybe it's selective memory but I can't remember many recent instances of him diving.

<snip>

The right team would fix Kesler, but he never is going to play for us. Therefore I would have no problem calling him out on his actions.

It's admittedly unlikely, but never say never. The Canucks have him signed for the next 6 years, but he's only 26 and from Livonia. It could happen one day.

Guest Crymson

Aside from the one incident in game two of the 2008 SCF, exactly what are you referring to?

Aside from the one incident in game two of the 2008 SCF, exactly what are you referring to?

Yeah this is the only one I can really think of in regards to Mule. I think Ozzie had a nice little swan move in the same game.

It was kinda embarrassing when Mule took a dive behind the net against the Ducks during the '09 playoffs and you could read Getzlaf's lips: "Get up you f'n *****".

Ducks were getting away with things left and right in that series, though.

Guest Crymson

It was kinda embarrassing when Mule took a dive behind the net against the Ducks during the '09 playoffs and you could read Getzlaf's lips: "Get up you f'n *****".

Ducks were getting away with things left and right in that series, though.

That's an embellishment, not a dive. Getzlaf took it upon himself to hit Mule in the face.

He was sitting with the commoners? Interesting.

i have no idea where he was sitting. i saw him in the street in front of comerica as everyone was leaving the stadium. me and a friend of mine were like two of the very few ppl who recognized him. he does a good job of playing it low key, thou hes got a very distinct face, and after the finals it was easy for a hockey nerd to recognize him lol.

Edited by number9

Yeah this is the only one I can really think of in regards to Mule. I think Ozzie had a nice little swan move in the same game.

I remember Ozzie's move, at first I thought he really got hurt. Then after watching the replay I realized he played that one pretty good.

you're positive that was kesler?

he doesn't appear to be that thin.

ryan+kesler+shirtless.jpg

he looks pretty fit in this shot.

not that i'm into that kind of thing.

not that there's anything wrong with that.

Thanks for that picture, nice way to start the day. :)

you're positive that was kesler?

he doesn't appear to be that thin.

ryan+kesler+shirtless.jpg

he looks pretty fit in this shot.

not that i'm into that kind of thing.

not that there's anything wrong with that.

haha yeah ive seen him with his shirt off b4 in locker room interviews (no homo) and i was really surprised. im sure he was still ripped, just looked like he lost some size in his legs and arms this summer. he'll prolly be back in the gym soon thou.