• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CenterIce

National Broadcast Schedule Announced

Rate this topic

No games on NBC in the first two months of the season? Not shocked at all.

Didn't the League get the memo regarding Versus' new name? Maybe it's still supposed to be a surprise.

TSN.

They wouldn't dare compete with the NFL or college football on weekends.

Or dare to show games on primetime TV during the weekdays.

That pretty much rules out every day of the week.

Edited by GMRwings1983

They wouldn't dare compete with the NFL or college football on weekends.

Or dare to show games on primetime TV during the weekdays.

That pretty much rules out every day of the week.

Don't forget MLB playoffs are going into November now, too. All about potential ratings. It will be interesting to see NHL ratings if their is no NBA season.

Ugh 14 Detroit games on VS (NBCSN)....at least 5 are non-exclusive. So that's 9 times all season we'll be forced to watch the VS crew.

Plus the 5 that NBC has, so back to 14. <_<

There is good news and bad news. There will be almost twice as many games on Versus/NBC as last year so that we can actually watch hockey games on national tv most nights all season long.

The bad news is that they are on Versus/NBC.

Ugh 14 Detroit games on VS (NBCSN)....at least 5 are non-exclusive. So that's 9 times all season we'll be forced to watch the VS crew.

Plus the 5 that NBC has, so back to 14. <_<

Good news for those that don't live in Michigan and don't have Center Ice!

Tell you what.. I like when VS piggybacks other network's broadcasts... it gives a good read into what the other presenters of the sport have to offer, I just hope they keep going when they are NBCSN. The worst part of those broadcasts : when they break in to the VS intermission. If D-Mac or Roenick are there then it's tolerable, otherwise give me the FSN/CSN/TSN etc. intermission report.

P.S. especially if it's a southwest team, they have got a great group of announcers/anylists.. except Anaheim.. they know their stuff but my GOD are they homers.

on the CBC side of things, i'm sure happy to have the Jets be on the schedule quite a bit.....but i just realized, will we (Detroit market) be forced to watch the Leafs just as much as any other year?

looking at the tv schedule, it looks like Philly will have the Winter Classic vs. the Rangers. <_< I really wish Detroit would get it or at least give us a second one somewhere...

Edited by Yeti