• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 08:36 PM

Sounds good...make the Hershey bars special dark, 'cause they actually have more antioxidants and are better for you. :)
Posted Image

#22 Miss Wing Queen

Miss Wing Queen

Hockeytown's Helmetless Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:34 PM

Sounds good...make the Hershey bars special dark, 'cause they actually have more antioxidants and are better for you. :)

'Cause we sure know the marshmallows (especially the jumbo kind like Meijer sells) aren't one bit healthy! :)

I would definitely say my favorite of the two peninsula's is Old Mission. There is one part on the main road up there where you are on the top of the hill and can see both bays. God, it's so gorgeous. There are also the two lighthouses to visit.

As for being on the water, in '09 I rented a jetski (very hard to come by after Labor Day) and rode in the West Bay nearly up to Old Mission Peninsula. It was such a great trip. As I was still heading out, I saw something flying at me and realized it was a huge jet that soared so low above me. It was so neat because it was just me on the water and nothing else. Also for down time is kayaking. You can kayak on the Boardman River or nearby Crystal River by Glen Arbor.

#23 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:05 AM

Take the time to go out to Sleeping Bear Dunes. It's a nice little drive out to Empire, and the park has just been named the most beautiful spot in America by one of the travel mags. You can climb the dunes (if you're energetic), and it gives you a great view of both Lake Michigan and Glen Lake. There is also the Pierce Stocking Scenic Drive, where if you're lucky you might see wildlife of various kinds cross in front of you. I'll warn you, there is a 450 foot dune along the scenic drive...they say it takes 5 minutes to get down to the bottom, but an hour to get back up. My 12-year-old great niece did it, and it took everything she had to get back to the top. DON'T DO IT!!!! Just take your camera and shoot from the top. It's a very nice journey.
Posted Image