• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Majsheppard

Drury retires

Rate this topic

per several twitter accounts.

A player pushed into retirement because of his contract is becoming more common these days.

He certainly could have played a deeper role on a team for a cheaper contract.

It also shows you how much value a guy like Draper had to out last someone like Drury who had much more offensive upside.

per several twitter accounts.

A player pushed into retirement because of his contract is becoming more common these days.

He certainly could have played a deeper role on a team for a cheaper contract.

It also shows you how much value a guy like Draper had to out last someone like Drury who had much more offensive upside.

He was bought out from his contract, so he could've played for cheap. I think his injuries were the main reason.

He was bought out from his contract, so he could've played for cheap. I think his injuries were the main reason.

Injuries might have been. I do know he was bought out... I am suggesting that he most likely didn't want to come back for significantly less.

I just have a hard time believing that he wasn't offered a contract by some team in the sub million range.

Any playoff team who needed depth would have been wise to offer him a fourth line-esk contract. Therefore I assume he turned down at least one contract like that.

He might have revived his career after one year, so I assume he let his recent failure drive him out of the league.

He could have had more had he stayed in Buffalo in 2007.

Yeah but Buffalo had Briere, Vanek, and Drury to re-sign that year with all of them coming off career years. That was never going to happen unless two out of those three wanted to play for significantly less then what they got.

Injuries might have been. I do know he was bought out... I am suggesting that he most likely didn't want to come back for significantly less.

He would be making his buyout money plus the new contract. That would not really be significantly less.