• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy Pred 48

Training Camp Cuts

Rate this topic

this over ripe thing is a little overrated imo. all it does is make our team older, there is no reason that a player(smith) ken holland has already said is an NHL ready d-man should spen another year in GR just getting older. Hes already older than a lot when they break into the AHL as he came from college.

I would rather have a player that is over prepared for the NHL than someone who was rushed in. Wings fans are not patient when it comes to young players. A few mistakes can put a player in a negative light. This is the culture that is established after a 20 year consecutive playoff appearance streak. Players like Kronwall who came up through that system to be a successful player were successful at the AHL level. I believe that Smith has more to learn after a single season in the AHL. He needs more minutes with the minor league club. Not less minutes with the big club. The only way a move to the big club would be worthwhile would be to put him with Nick Lidstrom for the entire season. Have him learn from the best.

I would rather have a player that is over prepared for the NHL than someone who was rushed in. Wings fans are not patient when it comes to young players. A few mistakes can put a player in a negative light. This is the culture that is established after a 20 year consecutive playoff appearance streak. Players like Kronwall who came up through that system to be a successful player were successful at the AHL level. I believe that Smith has more to learn after a single season in the AHL. He needs more minutes with the minor league club. Not less minutes with the big club. The only way a move to the big club would be worthwhile would be to put him with Nick Lidstrom for the entire season. Have him learn from the best.

I don't think he needs a full season with Lids, but he should be called up regularly and paired with Lids for the learning experience.

You could say that to almost any post on LGW. Thanks for the input, bud.

Nope, that's not true at all. Despite the fact there are a lot of crap posts in this place there are some intelligent posters. But your whiney post about 'over ripe' players does not qualify.

Just because Smith is 'NHL ready' does not mean that he is ready to be on this Wings team for any number of reasons. Maybe Holland doesn't think it would be smart to have both Kindl and Smith on the roster this season as Kindl is still a little green and obviously out of minor league options. Or maybe, since Smith still has minor league options, they believe Smith is better served playing a ton in GR, being called up to get looks through the season, than playing 40-50 NHL games while getting 8-10 mins a night. Or maybe they feel that adding a defenseman like Mike Commodore, who brings a different style of play to the roster that some would say was lacking, makes the Wings better right now.

Nope, that's not true at all. Despite the fact there are a lot of crap posts in this place there are some intelligent posters. But your whiney post about 'over ripe' players does not qualify.

Just because Smith is 'NHL ready' does not mean that he is ready to be on this Wings team for any number of reasons. Maybe Holland doesn't think it would be smart to have both Kindl and Smith on the roster this season as Kindl is still a little green and obviously out of minor league options. Or maybe, since Smith still has minor league options, they believe Smith is better served playing a ton in GR, being called up to get looks through the season, than playing 40-50 NHL games while getting 8-10 mins a night. Or maybe they feel that adding a defenseman like Mike Commodore, who brings a different style of play to the roster that some would say was lacking, makes the Wings better right now.

boo hoo. but in all actuality this post of urs is good input to the forums. you shoulda just put this in your original post.

Edited by wings1110

Garnet Exelby,Doug Janik and Greg Amadio will be good mentors for Smith but they are all basically the same type of player. There isnt anyone in GR that can really help him along with his game the Wings will want him to play. These 3 will help him with his defensive game

which is where he needs to improve. Hopefully he will get 20-30 games on the Wings to learn from the master the art of great offensive

play and positioning in the Show.

Dude, what's your problem? He gave his opinion and it was a valid one. Why do you feel the need to attack him rather than just discuss the topic?

I harmlessly teased him at first, then gave input, to which he teased me back (then edited his response). I thought he was whining so I teased him. If you want to call it attacking so be it. I think there's way too much whining on this forum so I was grinding his gears a bit.

I harmlessly teased him at first, then gave input, to which he teased me back (then edited his response). I thought he was whining so I teased him. If you want to call it attacking so be it. I think there's way too much whining on this forum so I was grinding his gears a bit.

You know what really grinds my gears? No one's come up with a new priest and a rabbi joke in like 30 years. Ok, ok, uh, a priest and a rabbi go into..the supermarket. And the preist says, let's buy a ham. And the rabbi says, "Nope. Can't eat it. Not allowed. It's forbidden." Pigs are like super-heroes to them. Is it perfect? No! But I dont see you coming up with anything better. And that, people, is what grinds my gears. Tom.

[

[

Wayyyy off base, I'm neither supporting, nor defending this particular exchange, but mmamolo is one of the few posters here with good knowledge of the game, the franchise and the league, and a valuable poster on this board as well, so I'd tread lightly on slinging that term around... especially when it could not be further from the truth...

Edited by stevkrause

Wayyyy off base, I'm neither supporting, nor defending this particular exchange, but mmamolo is one of the few posters here with good knowledge of the game, the franchise and the league, and a valuable poster on this board as well, so I'd tread lightly on slinging that term around... especially when it could not be further from the truth...

wings stated his opinion and he got attacked for it. i calls it likes i sees it.

wings stated his opinion and he got attacked for it. i calls it likes i sees it.

It's not relevant, you reply was still off-base... if you think he was out of line, more power to you to voice it, but that in no way, shape or form makes him a "troll"... a little jab is a lot different than an attack - "boo hoo" is hardly saying "you're a waste of flesh and an invaluable member of society"...

Once again, I'm neither defending, nor supporting either side of their exchange, but let them piss it out amongst themselves... attacking mmamolo in retaliation, hardly squelches the issue...

It's not relevant, you reply was still off-base... if you think he was out of line, more power to you to voice it, but that in no way, shape or form makes him a "troll"... a little jab is a lot different than an attack - "boo hoo" is hardly saying "you're a waste of flesh and an invaluable member of society"...

Once again, I'm neither defending, nor supporting either side of their exchange, but let them piss it out amongst themselves... attacking mmamolo in retaliation, hardly squelches the issue...

I'm sure hes a great guy and knos alot about hockey, but in this instance hes trolling. boo-hoo contributes nothing to the topic and the poster hes quoting only feels attacked... its asking for a fight. it's annoying to click on a topic to read what ppl have to say about it, but instead you find a dick measuring contest bc somebody just hadddddd to make some small inflammatory remark. if you ask me that's a lot more annoying than the "whining"... which i dont believe wings was doing anyway. i calls it likes i sees it.

I'm sure hes a great guy and knos alot about hockey, but in this instance hes trolling. boo-hoo contributes nothing to the topic and the poster hes quoting only feels attacked... its asking for a fight. it's annoying to click on a topic to read what ppl have to say about it, but instead you find a dick measuring contest bc somebody just hadddddd to make some small inflammatory remark. if you ask me that's a lot more annoying than the "whining"... which i dont believe wings was doing anyway. i calls it likes i sees it.

well, the way you "sees" it, is flat wrong. period.

A troll is someone that ONLY posts to invoke vitriol - Only, as in exclusively. An isolated post, regardless of its context, which does not follow the constant of said users posts, does not define their posting as a whole... which, once again, does not apply to where the term "troll" originated from - someone that ONLY posts to invoke vitriol, not one that once in awhile, or in an isolated instance, does.

I'll just leave it at that, I'm not going to get into a pissing contest, over someone else's pissing contest.

Edited by stevkrause

well, the way you "sees" it, is flat wrong. period.

A troll is someone that ONLY posts to invoke vitriol - Only, as in exclusively. An isolated post, regardless of its context, which does not follow the constant of said users posts, does not define their posting as a whole... which, once again, does not apply to where the term "troll" originated from - someone that ONLY posts to invoke vitriol, not one that once in awhile, or in an isolated instance, does.

I'll just leave it at that, I'm not going to get into a pissing contest, over someone else's pissing contest.

WHOA dont obsess about the word troll. you dont have to be a troll to go trolling. he made an inciting remark to someone who was just stating there opinion. if u wanna complain that i used the word troll incorrectly, thats fine, its beneath my point. fact is, wings made a constructive comment, popular or not, and mmamolo teased, attacked, incited, or whatever you wanna call it. he offered no explanation, he just called him a whiner. and that is flat wrong. period.

feel free to replace the word troll with "one-time instigator" if you like, my argument remains the same. and ill just leave it at that.

Edited by number9