• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

Love slave to the system

• PipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 05:12 PM

Anyone seen or tried the Red Wing wine. It's in the local stores around Jackson. Red wine red label white wine white label. I'm not much into wine but I bought some for my sister-in-law to take back to my brother in Washington. Yet he won't open it. I might get some for myself just because.
KOHARSKI, HAVE ANOTHER DONUT, YOU FAT PIG
"Statistics are for losers, unless they are good ones."- Mickey Redman
"Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun."- Ash
"Stay thirsty my friends."- The Most Interesting Man In The World

#2 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 05:18 PM

I thought you seen a few Red Wing players drunk :P. Nope I never tried the drink.

#3 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 06:02 PM

Never drank it, but I know when I take a visit to Michigan next Im going to buy a couple bottles. Two for display and a couple to drink...

crash

#4 KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

Love slave to the system

• PipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 06:13 PM

Pollys country market around Jackson has them. Not sure were else though. As far as players I' ve drank with Kocur and company a.k.a the grind line with Ozzie.

Edited by KATIEBARTHEDOOR24, 21 August 2011 - 06:14 PM.

KOHARSKI, HAVE ANOTHER DONUT, YOU FAT PIG
"Statistics are for losers, unless they are good ones."- Mickey Redman
"Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun."- Ash
"Stay thirsty my friends."- The Most Interesting Man In The World

#5 Swayze

Swayze

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 07:07 PM

They also sell it in Frankenmuth.

#6 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 22 August 2011 - 12:35 AM

Is it possible that someone in the area could send me a couple of bottles? Private message me if interested. Obviously I will pay for them :hehe:

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#7 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 01:11 AM

I've seen both the merlot and chardonnay at a few of the Meijers stores I've been to. It's not bad, but, it tastes like a $12 bottle of wine, with a $20-$25 label on it. That being said, they seem to sell a lot of it in The Olympia Club.

Here's a link about it from The Red Wings site. Link at bottom of story to area retailers.

http://redwings.nhl....s.htm?id=522869

Also for those into collectables and/or wine, grab your favorite NHL alumnis bottle today. Gordie and Ted are a must have.

http://www.alumniwin....com/index.html

Edited by BigWillieStyle, 22 August 2011 - 01:13 AM.

#8 WhiteLightning91

WhiteLightning91

Feed the Mule!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 01:35 AM

They sell it up here in Marquette 2/$10. Not exactly Dom Perignon, but it get's the job done for us college kids.

GMRwings1983: "Hudler has been stellar"

#9 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:09 AM

my guess is it's gimmicky swill.
Posted Image

#10 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:05 AM

I've seen it but I refuse to buy or drink it becasue it's from California and with the simple fact that the Wings hold their Training Camp in Traverse City, Michigan you would've thought they would have worked something out with one of the local wineries here in Michigan. There are about 50 or so Wineries around Michigan so it's not like they couldn't find a Winery right here and support our States Economy. It's probably the one Red Wings item I won't buy.

#11 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:36 AM

I've seen it but I refuse to buy or drink it becasue it's from California and with the simple fact that the Wings hold their Training Camp in Traverse City, Michigan you would've thought they would have worked something out with one of the local wineries here in Michigan. There are about 50 or so Wineries around Michigan so it's not like they couldn't find a Winery right here and support our States Economy. It's probably the one Red Wings item I won't buy.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#12 NGKEIB

NGKEIB

eltit rebmem motsuC

• PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 04:32 PM

I'll stick to my Château Petrus and Romanée-Conti.

Just kidding - though I'm always wary of 'celebrity' type wines - they tend to not be very good as well as being overpriced.
"Summa pia gratia nostra conservando corpora et custodita, de gente fera Normannica nos libera, quae nostra vastat, Deus, regna."

#13 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 05:05 PM

all hockey players like 2 party

instead of other sports who roll with gangs, beat there wives up, have dog fights, and shoot themselves in the dick. sure there are some instances where hockey players do dumb s*** but 2 a lesser extent, but way less. if hockey players get in trouble its usually just for partying 2 hard, and we've all been there.

idk how i got so off topic there sorry.

Edited by wings1110, 24 August 2011 - 05:06 PM.

#14 Krayzie_Bone

Krayzie_Bone

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:52 PM

I tried the red one it was pretty dry but just looking at the bottle makes it taste better

#15 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 01:14 PM

It can't be any worse than Franzenia. I mean, Franzia.

#16 13GoWings40

13GoWings40

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 04:07 PM

I tried a Gordie Howe white wine once. It was surprisingly good for a $5.99 bottle of wine, especially coming from a guy who prefers red.

#17 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:10 AM

How many of you that have gone to camp before have been to the Wineries in Traverse City?? We've been to every single one of them. A lot of great Wines are made here in Michigan and most of them are from Traverse City. Our Favorite is the Reisling but I do tend to like some of the dry wines as well. Anyone have a favorite Winery or Michigan Wine??