• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

Red Wing's Wine

Rate this topic

Anyone seen or tried the Red Wing wine. It's in the local stores around Jackson. Red wine red label white wine white label. I'm not much into wine but I bought some for my sister-in-law to take back to my brother in Washington. Yet he won't open it. I might get some for myself just because.

I've seen both the merlot and chardonnay at a few of the Meijers stores I've been to. It's not bad, but, it tastes like a $12 bottle of wine, with a $20-$25 label on it. That being said, they seem to sell a lot of it in The Olympia Club.

Here's a link about it from The Red Wings site. Link at bottom of story to area retailers.

http://redwings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=522869

Also for those into collectables and/or wine, grab your favorite NHL alumnis bottle today. Gordie and Ted are a must have.

http://www.alumniwineseries.com/index.html

Edited by BigWillieStyle

I've seen it but I refuse to buy or drink it becasue it's from California and with the simple fact that the Wings hold their Training Camp in Traverse City, Michigan you would've thought they would have worked something out with one of the local wineries here in Michigan. There are about 50 or so Wineries around Michigan so it's not like they couldn't find a Winery right here and support our States Economy. It's probably the one Red Wings item I won't buy.

I've seen it but I refuse to buy or drink it becasue it's from California and with the simple fact that the Wings hold their Training Camp in Traverse City, Michigan you would've thought they would have worked something out with one of the local wineries here in Michigan. There are about 50 or so Wineries around Michigan so it's not like they couldn't find a Winery right here and support our States Economy. It's probably the one Red Wings item I won't buy.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I'll stick to my Château Petrus and Romanée-Conti.

Just kidding - though I'm always wary of 'celebrity' type wines - they tend to not be very good as well as being overpriced.

all hockey players like 2 party

instead of other sports who roll with gangs, beat there wives up, have dog fights, and shoot themselves in the dick. sure there are some instances where hockey players do dumb s*** but 2 a lesser extent, but way less. if hockey players get in trouble its usually just for partying 2 hard, and we've all been there.

idk how i got so off topic there sorry.

Edited by wings1110

Guest 13GoWings40

I tried a Gordie Howe white wine once. It was surprisingly good for a $5.99 bottle of wine, especially coming from a guy who prefers red.

How many of you that have gone to camp before have been to the Wineries in Traverse City?? We've been to every single one of them. A lot of great Wines are made here in Michigan and most of them are from Traverse City. Our Favorite is the Reisling but I do tend to like some of the dry wines as well. Anyone have a favorite Winery or Michigan Wine??