• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 mmorland

mmorland

SRD Writer, Broadcaster

• PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:08 AM

As announced today, LGW is going to be having a podcast series starting this fall. More details are to follow, but for the time being, we're opening it up to you as the fan, what would you like to hear from a LGW podcast?
"I can't believe I shook this guys frickin' hand. We lost and I'm pissed off. But to see Kris Draper's face makes me sick. I didn't see his face until after the game, but his face is turned sideways. If the league doesn't do something about that ... I mean that's ridiculous. He could have broken his fricken neck."

-Dino Ciccarelli

#2 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:13 AM

more cowbell

and I suppose prospect watches

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#3 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:25 PM

Definitely prospects/Griffins updates. Being out of state, I usually lose track of the prospects as the season goes on.
Posted Image

#4 Uncle Danny

Uncle Danny

2nd Line Scorer

• HoF Booster
  • 679 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:30 PM

A running tab on who the LGW whipping boy of the moment is could be a funny ongoing segment. Maybe even the stud/dud of the week/month/whatever. Overall, it would be nice to hear some critiques in addition to just news reporting and fan appreciation.
If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph:
THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED
FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD
WAS MUSIC
-- Kurt Vonnegut

#5 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 01:44 AM

Once a month, players answering (selected, I suppose) questions.

#6 Jedi

Jedi

In this town of Halloween...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,817 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:48 AM

If it's "all-things-LGW", then an interview or questionnaire with a different member each month. Something like a "getting to know you" feature.

y4m8.png
"Come with us and you will see, this our town of Halloween..."

#7 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 01:08 PM

intelligent breakdowns of games, since ive yet to find them anywhere else. also recaps on griffins since I never get to see them on TV.
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#8 KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

Love slave to the system

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 04:08 PM

Updates for whoever is lazy and sucks for the week, month. Prizes for a contest involving photo shop wars.
KOHARSKI, HAVE ANOTHER DONUT, YOU FAT PIG
"Statistics are for losers, unless they are good ones."- Mickey Redman
"Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun."- Ash
"Stay thirsty my friends."- The Most Interesting Man In The World

#9 13GoWings40

13GoWings40

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 04:43 PM

I also want to see updates on our prospects since I don't usually have the time to follow AHL/European hockey. I think the member profiles are a great idea, I'd love to know whats on the mind and put a face with the name of some of these people that have 10000+ posts, they must know more about hockey than I could learn in 10 lifetimes lol. Finally, I like the concept of having like an LGW culture update. Include things like who the "whipping boy" is this month, explain any significant community inside jokes that were created since the last podcast for those who missed the thread (i.e. things like the "hudlers" picture from photoshop wars or what bernie the rally bird is), and maybe have an interview with a Mod every epiode about the future of the forum or current issues in the LGW community.

I know my account says I only joined in April, but I've been coming here since right after the 2006 playoffs ended. I mostly lurked and made a few posts under a couple different account names over the years. I never really had time to be active because of the demands of college. Anyway, I just thought I'd include this part about me so that those reading this know that I am speaking as someone who has enjoyed this site for years and feel like I know LGW a lot more than my 40 some posts would indicate.

#10 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 09:44 AM

Fantasy fridays!

I, too, would like to hear more about prospects in Grand Rapids and elsewhere. Learning about forum goers sounds like it would be entertaining. I think an intelligent break down of games would be good, too. Not just "this guy scored, this guy passed, etc", but really get into the X's and O's, different opinions, and discuss different plays and trends that have been occurring. We're all hockey fanatics here, so we don't need to be talked down to like most of national media tends to do. This can be legit hockey talk.

#11 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:55 PM

-Talking about the NHL at large and not just the Wings.

-At least SOME objectivity. Wings fans can be some pretty big homers sometimes, so its nice to hear some honest things about other teams as well.

-Might not be able to do regularly, but something like a "The Ones That Got Away" feature that tracks how are former Wings are doing. Guys like Leino, Quincey, Ritola, etc.

-I like the getting to know the members idea.

-And like others have mentioned, just all around good NHL or game analysis. Most posters here are pretty knowledgeable and are aware of the news before it ever hits TSN or NHLN or anything. The analysis on TV is always soo basic and boring and geared toward "new" or "casual" hockey fans, so basically all they do is state the obvious.

Good luck! :thumbup:
Posted Image