• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

mmorland

LGW Podcast Debut for 2011-2012 Season

Rate this topic

A running tab on who the LGW whipping boy of the moment is could be a funny ongoing segment. Maybe even the stud/dud of the week/month/whatever. Overall, it would be nice to hear some critiques in addition to just news reporting and fan appreciation.

Guest 13GoWings40

I also want to see updates on our prospects since I don't usually have the time to follow AHL/European hockey. I think the member profiles are a great idea, I'd love to know whats on the mind and put a face with the name of some of these people that have 10000+ posts, they must know more about hockey than I could learn in 10 lifetimes lol. Finally, I like the concept of having like an LGW culture update. Include things like who the "whipping boy" is this month, explain any significant community inside jokes that were created since the last podcast for those who missed the thread (i.e. things like the "hudlers" picture from photoshop wars or what bernie the rally bird is), and maybe have an interview with a Mod every epiode about the future of the forum or current issues in the LGW community.

I know my account says I only joined in April, but I've been coming here since right after the 2006 playoffs ended. I mostly lurked and made a few posts under a couple different account names over the years. I never really had time to be active because of the demands of college. Anyway, I just thought I'd include this part about me so that those reading this know that I am speaking as someone who has enjoyed this site for years and feel like I know LGW a lot more than my 40 some posts would indicate.

Fantasy fridays!

I, too, would like to hear more about prospects in Grand Rapids and elsewhere. Learning about forum goers sounds like it would be entertaining. I think an intelligent break down of games would be good, too. Not just "this guy scored, this guy passed, etc", but really get into the X's and O's, different opinions, and discuss different plays and trends that have been occurring. We're all hockey fanatics here, so we don't need to be talked down to like most of national media tends to do. This can be legit hockey talk.

-Talking about the NHL at large and not just the Wings.

-At least SOME objectivity. Wings fans can be some pretty big homers sometimes, so its nice to hear some honest things about other teams as well.

-Might not be able to do regularly, but something like a "The Ones That Got Away" feature that tracks how are former Wings are doing. Guys like Leino, Quincey, Ritola, etc.

-I like the getting to know the members idea.

-And like others have mentioned, just all around good NHL or game analysis. Most posters here are pretty knowledgeable and are aware of the news before it ever hits TSN or NHLN or anything. The analysis on TV is always soo basic and boring and geared toward "new" or "casual" hockey fans, so basically all they do is state the obvious.

Good luck! :thumbup: