• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ally

Away Games

Rate this topic

You guys are awesome. This will be my first NHL game and I'm beyond excited. I was going to hold off until next year because of school but with this being *tear* Lidstrom's last season I couldn't miss it.

I found some close seats for a good price when Detroit was in Buffalo last season I didn't know what to expect but WOW.

Great stadium the fan base was close to 50 / 50 wings sabres, I really enjoyed myself there Id defiantly go back to Buffalo for a game.

Parking kinda sucked ez to get in not so ez to get out. in the Main lot.

I live just outside Philly in Jersey. I've seen the Wings in Philly (spectrum and wachovia), Jersey, Washington, NYI, NYR, Boston, and Toronto. Best hockey atmosphere was Toronto. When I was in Washington the place was overun by Wings fans, but that was pre-Ovi days. In Jersey half the arena was empty and Long Island is a dump. Madison Square Garden is a great, historic atmosphere. Boston was nothing special. I can speak a lot on Philly. I've seen the Wings there pretty much every game for the last 20 years. It's a good place to watch a game so long as you don't act like a ****** bag. If the Wings score, stand, clap for them then sit down. If you talk trash there will be problems, but if you act okay it is a great time. BUT....wear a jacket over your jersey in the parking lot.

I've seen Detroit play in Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa and Detroit. Also seen Toronto in Montreal.

The Montreal atmosphere is awesome, Toronto next and Ottawa last for out of town games.

I would love to a see a DET vs MTL game in MTL. The Joe was awesome that game I can only imagine it being just as good if not better.

I have seen the Wings play in Nashville and Colorado. I would have to say the atmosphere is much better in Nashville since the Crowd is about 50/50. The Nashville fans have no idea what they are cheering for or against, all they know is if its Red and White they do not cheer for it! Pretty simple, but hey, its Nashville they are not the most intelligent people around (trust me I wasted 5 years of my life down there).

Colorado was fun, I was suprised at how nice people were to me. The Pepsi Center is a great venue and I loved Denver. Denver was a ton of fun!

I have also been to Mellon Arena and that Stadium SUCKED!! What a Dump, and I have also been to Nassau Coliesum in New York for an Islanders game, that stadium was even worse than Mellon! I also atteneded a game in the Meadowlands home of the Devils. Great Place, Plenty of Parking and I mean PLENTY of parking. The place was ice cold though, other than that great people in all venues.

Have fun in BC! and as always...... GO WINGS!!!

I have seen the Wings play in Nashville and Colorado. I would have to say the atmosphere is much better in Nashville since the Crowd is about 50/50. The Nashville fans have no idea what they are cheering for or against, all they know is if its Red and White they do not cheer for it! Pretty simple, but hey, its Nashville they are not the most intelligent people around (trust me I wasted 5 years of my life down there).

Colorado was fun, I was suprised at how nice people were to me. The Pepsi Center is a great venue and I loved Denver. Denver was a ton of fun!

I have also been to Mellon Arena and that Stadium SUCKED!! What a Dump, and I have also been to Nassau Coliesum in New York for an Islanders game, that stadium was even worse than Mellon! I also atteneded a game in the Meadowlands home of the Devils. Great Place, Plenty of Parking and I mean PLENTY of parking. The place was ice cold though, other than that great people in all venues.

Have fun in BC! and as always...... GO WINGS!!!

From my experience, you are underselling Nashville's fans. I don't think their hockey knowledge is as simple as you state.

Living in Minnesota, I only been to Xcel Energy Center. Lots of Red Wings fans there when I went on a Sunday last season. Only problem was where I was sitting some Wings fan keep yelling to do one-timers (why, I have no idea). He said it about 5 or 6 times then some 20 year old Wild fans decided to start yelling to do one-timers. I personally thought it was funny but most Wild fans are nice and classy.

Living in Minnesota, I only been to Xcel Energy Center. Lots of Red Wings fans there when I went on a Sunday last season. Only problem was where I was sitting some Wings fan keep yelling to do one-timers (why, I have no idea). He said it about 5 or 6 times then some 20 year old Wild fans decided to start yelling to do one-timers. I personally thought it was funny but most Wild fans are nice and classy.

He probably has played a few too many NHL video games.

I've seen the Wings play a few times in Dallas both where the Stars used to play and their current arena when I went to college in the area. Old Reunion Arena could get LOUD, it's a lot like JLA in a sense that it's just your basic bowl shape with an upper and lower level with just one concourse. Simple and nothing fancy. Really liked it there. Anyways, like both arenas, no real trouble whenever I went to a Stars game.

I also went to a regular season game in Phoenix/Glendale two seasons ago. My college went to the Fiesta Bowl so I was there primarily for that, but by luck of the draw the Wings played two nights before. No problems from Phoenix fans etc.

I went to a game in Nashville as well in 2008-09, the one where we actually got slaughtered 8-0. Was good times though. First time I ever been to Nashville, really liked it. Fans there get mocked in here plenty, often unfairly, for whatever reasons people have but I didn't have any problems with them, even in their big win. One might think the Tootoo whistles are annoying, they never really bugged me, all a part of the fan experience there. And as long as the experience isn't hurting other people, I don't give a hoot what people do. And since we're on that note of Tootoo you'd might ask, "How could they support such a goon?!" or "How does that not bother you?!"...he plays for the home team, he's more of a fan favorite there, I expect home team biasedness no matter what we think and I'm willing to leave it at that. Doesn't bother me and it was never worth getting into a conversation about with Nashville fans because there would be little/no agreement.

I'm not really one to yell and scream much at games or cheerlead, play the verbal jabs or taunting game, or look for trouble etc. I get the fun aspect of that but it's not worth making things possibly worse, just not my cup of tea. I'll wear my favorite team's jersey or colors but I'll pretty much just keep to myself and watch games quietly but intently and react to plays naturally in the heat of the moment. If people give me a hard time still, most times I just shrug it off and ignore.

I went to a game in Nashville as well in 2008-09, the one where we actually got slaughtered 8-0. Was good times though. First time I ever been to Nashville, really liked it. Fans there get mocked in here plenty, often unfairly, for whatever reasons people have but I didn't have any problems with them, even in their big win. One might think the Tootoo whistles are annoying, they never really bugged me, all a part of the fan experience there. And as long as the experience isn't hurting other people, I don't give a hoot what people do. And since we're on that note of Tootoo you'd might ask, "How could they support such a goon?!" or "How does that not bother you?!"...he plays for the home team, he's more of a fan favorite there, I expect home team biasedness no matter what we think and I'm willing to leave it at that. Doesn't bother me and it was never worth getting into a conversation about with Nashville fans because there would be little/no agreement.

Was also at that game. My wife, love her, bought me tickets for xmas because we could drive from her parents house. Only problem is she at that point did not understand the concept of the "attack end". So...you may guess that I was sitting in good seats, on the Preds end. After the 4th or 5th goal I calmly got up and got two of the big beers. On my return some redneck lady said something like "we thought you were leaving, but looks like we're gonna have to carry you out". I tried talking about their prospects and rookies but the people around me were blank stares.

I got so completely wrecked by the end of the night that I don't know if anyone talked serious s*** to me or not.

I've also been to Tampa and Florida, which are essentially home games. In fact, I'd say we were louder in TB than I ever heard in JLA. Maybe thats what happens when a bunch of transplants get to go to a game after a couple years ;)

XL in St. Paul has been a treat both times I've been there. Nice people. No problem getting down for pre-game pics. Good time.

I'll be going there again in October! Can't wait!

Have fun with the Nucks!

I'll 2nd Minny fans being VERY nice. Sat right behind Wings day after Christmas there year on the glass behind the Wings bench with several out of town Wings fans. All of the Minny fans and staff were very nice to us, offered to get my kids close to the tunnel, etc. Best atmosphere outside of a hometown arena that I have ever been too.

Also been to:

Chicago many times- complete DB's- cussing at my (at the time)7 & 8 year old sons saying things from afar to him (wearing a Wings jersey)like: F$%& the Wings! Osgood su&*s %$@&, etc. Total classless. My 8 year old gave it right back to them albeit a bit sanitized! Also been there without Wings garb on and it was MUCH better. Oh and at a Whitesox game against some scrub teams while the Hawks and Wings were playing a series we wore our Wings stuff and heard it ALL night!

Buffalo- Good fans- went the 1st season of Marine Midland. Bunch of polite Canadians going across the border to see the game.

Florida- DEAD!

Missing something- too tired to recall.

I've seen the Wings at Nationwide a few times too. I've never been given much trouble, maybe a few verbal jabs, but there are usually a lot of Wings fans at the games. I did witness a Wings fan 'get in to it' with a CBJ fan last year, but both were extremely intoxicated. R-Bar (assuming that's the bar you usually go to) is a great place to go before a game- when the Wings were in town it was probably 50/50 Wings and CBJ fans. Just be sure not to use the urinal with the Wings logo in it.

Usually, you won't experience more than a few verbal jabs rooting for the away team. If you don't get belligerent, ridiculous, obnoxious, etc. you likely won't have much trouble. Just watch out for the belligerent, ridiculous, obnoxious, etc. fans from the other team.

I always piss on the Blackhawks logo.

However, my friends think it's funny to send me a picture of themselves urinating on the Red Wings logo every time they are there.

I was at the game also and that was my first game. I am going to the game in March this year. I'm with you on the rest of it, the fans in Nashville don't get much credit here but it is a great town. There are a lot of great fans there and yeah they will boo almost anything the Wings do but they are knowledgeable but not as knowledgeable as the wise sages in JLA. Nashville is closest to my hometown so that's the only place I've been but I have to say that I loved being there. The arena is nice! Very nice atmosphere. The crowd gets into every game and they love their Predators. I think this year, Nashville will be even more intense than previous years because they are expecting to compete in the division this year and possibly win it.

I have heard some negative things about the fans in Dallas but all I can put on here is here-say so I won't be posting anything negative without experience.