• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

Doan as a cheaper deadline guy?

Rate this topic

The likelihood that Shane Doan gets traded at the deadline seems to be increasing, and it looks like the Wings are going to look to add someone.

Does it make sense for it to be Doan?

He is older, and has made some ill will with the Wings in the last couple of years, but he is hungry and hard to play against.

It is an interesting topic for discussion, and maybe even a rumor going forward.

Would he fit? Would he be a long term or short term piece? Would he be cheaper if resigned than a bigger name? Would he be easy or cheap to get in trade?

I will answer one of those questions in suggesting that his age puts him as a prime candidate to be a second line player that could be phased out over the next couple of years. Even maybe a third liner if you wanted to put Cleary up instead. His grit intrigues me, and would be a great teammate.

What do you think?

I know a lot of people on this forum like Doan a lot and would gladly take him on the Wings roster. Personally, I don't think the odds of Doan ever leaving Phoenix exist. I don't even think he'd want to be a rental for this year's playoffs only to re-sign in Phoenix next summer. I really think he's a Coyote for life

I know a lot of people on this forum like Doan a lot and would gladly take him on the Wings roster. Personally, I don't think the odds of Doan ever leaving Phoenix exist. I don't even think he'd want to be a rental for this year's playoffs only to re-sign in Phoenix next summer. I really think he's a Coyote for life

I would agree with you, but they might take a huge step back this year. At 35 near the start of the season, would you want to stay around if this team goes back to being a lottery team?

I wouldn't sign anything if I was Doan... so he might be available. At 4.5 and with the chance of him taking less in the final years of his contract, he could be a Holland target.

Guest Crymson

Given that he's the face of the franchise, and given that Phoenix's first need is attracting fans, I don't think he'll be traded unless they receive an offer they can't refuse.

Given that he's the face of the franchise, and given that Phoenix's first need is attracting fans, I don't think he'll be traded unless they receive an offer they can't refuse.

With the NHL running that team I doubt they would let him go, especially not to the Wings.