16 replies to this topic

#1 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 10:37 PM

http://my.hockeybuzz...&user_id=131735

Take this one with a grain of salt boys. I'm not too familiar with HockeyBuzz so I don't really know how credible they are. I find it weird that at the end of the article, with the prediction, this guy predicts that the Wings will deal with a bunch of injuries. I don't think I've ever seen someone predict a team (of any sport really) will have a lot of injuries....

On a side note, my buddy was talking to me about how "Eklund" predicted the Wings to finish 11th in the West. Anyone know of such an article?

#2 GSBrooks13

GSBrooks13

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 01:45 AM

http://my.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=11767&user_id=131735

Take this one with a grain of salt boys. I'm not too familiar with HockeyBuzz so I don't really know how credible they are. I find it weird that at the end of the article, with the prediction, this guy predicts that the Wings will deal with a bunch of injuries. I don't think I've ever seen someone predict a team (of any sport really) will have a lot of injuries....

On a side note, my buddy was talking to me about how "Eklund" predicted the Wings to finish 11th in the West. Anyone know of such an article?

That sounds like an e4 to me. Good news is that back here in reality land this prediction is enough for me to start planning the cup parade.

"Push the dirt off your jersey then go for the cup or the trophy or the ring, champion no matter what."

#3 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,278 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:55 AM

http://my.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=11767&user_id=131735

That's his way of saying the Wings are old and slow. Gee, now where have I heard that before?
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#4 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:56 AM

Every season some one predicts the Wings will drop in the standings. Just so they can be the one to say they called it. Almost like Clock work these days...

#5 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:49 AM

this guy predicts that the Wings will deal with a bunch of injuries.

Well he's at least gotten some information about them based on the past two seasons. Perhaps even three.

#6 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 09:34 AM

I don't know if you guy's are aware of this but the Wing's are icing a very similar roster this year.

What I'm doing with Deen's prediction:Posted Image
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#7 13GoWings40

13GoWings40

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 11:26 AM

The St. Louis Blues will win the division, the Wings will get a bunch of injuries, the Wings will lose to the Blues in Game 7... Sounds like this Deen person isn't a hockey analyst, just a Blues fan who hasn't stopped believing :rolleyes:

#8 Shady Ultima

Shady Ultima

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 12:59 AM

Whoa, when did we get Chris Pronger.... I mean Matt Cooke... I mean (enter name of cheap shot artist here) on our team... OHH, he's talking about Bertuzzi. What a dick. And while the Blues are a BETTER team than last year... they aren't better than us.

#9 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:22 AM

It's funny reading blogs that are written by fans who try to act so knowledgable about a team but then make ridiculous statements. I especially like how he penciled in Jiri Hudler - Johan Franzen - Daniel Cleary as the second line.
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#10 zombi

zombi

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:36 AM

He also predicted that we would miss the playoffs last season too. The guy's a moron.

Posted Image

#11 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:25 AM

oh man, at the top of the page it says that this kid is 18 years old.

#12 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,524 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:49 AM

oh man, at the top of the page it says that this kid is 18 years old.

You can tell from the writing, but I have to say that what he is doing is a pretty big undertaking for an 18 year old, so I won't try to rip on him.

#13 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:41 AM

You can tell from the writing, but I have to say that what he is doing is a pretty big undertaking for an 18 year old, so I won't try to rip on him.

I too can appreciate the effort. However, it's one thing to appreciate the effort while thinking the content is sub-par. I appreciate the effort that goes into making a movie but Boondock Saints 2 (All Saints Day) was still the biggest piece of crap I have seen. Sure, it took a lot of effort to make but I'll still rip it any chance I get.
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#14 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 03:44 PM

I don't know if you guy's are aware of this but the Wing's are icing a very similar roster this year.

It's not "Wing's"; it's Wings. An apostrophe implies possession or a contraction, neither of which is in play here. The 's' in 'Wings' implies a plural--in this case, multiple Red Wings.

I really hate to do this to you, but I feel obligated. I figured you'd wish to know it anyway.

Edited by Crymson, 30 August 2011 - 03:50 PM.

#15 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:09 PM

It's not "Wing's"; it's Wings. An apostrophe implies possession or a contraction, neither of which is in play here. The 's' in 'Wings' implies a plural--in this case, multiple Red Wings.

I really hate to do this to you, but I feel obligated. I figured you'd wish to know it anyway.

That was a pointless post.

#16 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:26 PM

That was a pointless post.

Just another pointless post in a pointless thread, if you ask me. How exactly does the opinion of some idiot at HockeyBuzz of all places have any importance whatsoever? I realize it's the off-season and that we're not going to get any interesting news for at least a few more weeks, but why not post something from a blog that isn't a complete joke?

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.
Like up in the land of ice and snow,
They tell me that a Red Wing always flies.
RIP Ruslan Salei - Brad McCrimmon - Stefan Liv - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
(Orig. lyrics - Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Airplane Fell Down in Dixie")

#17 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,468 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 02:19 AM

I've seen previews predicting the Wings to finish 5th just behind LA wtf?