• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

I could have made it to the NHL!

Rate this topic

This is a thread JUST for fun... since we're all chomping at the bit for pre-season to begin and start watching some real hockey, I figured I'd start a thread for some laughs - Put what "held you back" from making it to the NHL - I'll start it off.

I could have made it to the NHL if...

My knees had held up, I came from money AND I were 5 inches taller :hehe:

and, go...

If I hadn't had asthma as a child which resulted in me not being able to ice skate for more than 10 minutes.

If I came from a family that had enough disposable income to support two sons playing ice hockey even if I hadn't had asthma since my brother was the hockey star as a kid but lost interest.

Edited by NvrFrgtRussian5

If I hadn't had asthma as a child which resulted in me not being able to ice skate for more than 10 minutes.

If I came from a family that had enough disposable income to support two sons playing ice hockey even if I hadn't had asthma since my brother was the hockey star as a kid but lost interest.

orrrr... if you had offed your brother!!!

sorry, I went to a dark place on that one...

????

You're still in the age group where this is obtainable? I thought you were older than that???

Well I'm playing college hockey now (just so people don't call me a liar, it's not Div I hockey), and I'm pretty sure this is the furthest I can go in my career.

Well I'm playing college hockey now (just so people don't call me a liar, it's not Div I hockey), and I'm pretty sure this is the furthest I can go in my career.

right on, better than most will ever do!

What school do you go to/play for? I don't know why, I always got the impression from your posts that you were in your 30's...

If I was as good of a hockey player as I was a swimmer I'd make the NHL. How lucky for me to be best at a sport where only the best dozen or so in the world can make any money from it :(

:lol:

I'll assume that was a compliment. I'm playing for Lawrence Tech's varsity team.

I guess it was, haha... :)

It wasn't really meant to be complimentary or derogatory to be honest, it was more just an observation... but now that I think about it, I guess it shows a level of insight and maturity to your posts, as well as your knowledge of the history of the game that someone younger might not have the appreciation for, so in that sense, you are correct to take it as one!

Are you guys a div 2, or div 3 team, or is more of a club sport there? Either way, it's pretty cool that you get to play college hockey... I'm just interested about LT's hockey program, as I was unaware they had one until now - I was in talks with the AD at MSU about being a walk-on before I blew my knee out... granted, I was WELL aware of my skill level, even then(this was over 13 years ago) and knew I would be a 4th liner, seeing limited ice time at BEST and was never going past college level at best, but I always wish I could have had the chance to play college hockey...

Edited by stevkrause

I could have made it to the NHL if I had been a child living in Canada to a father who was a high school athlete and supported my wish at age three to be a professional goalie when I grew up.

Oh, wait, all of that was true. What stopped me?

I could have made it to the NHL had I not been a GIRL, which forced me from hockey into figure skating as girls were not allowed to play hockey in the little town in which we lived. Nor could I play in the towns to which we later moved as they had no hockey programs.

But the first few years were favourable.

I could have made it to the NHL if I had been a child living in Canada to a father who was a high school athlete and supported my wish at age three to be a professional goalie when I grew up.

Oh, wait, all of that was true. What stopped me?

I could have made it to the NHL had I not been a GIRL, which forced me from hockey into figure skating as girls were not allowed to play hockey in the little town in which we lived. Nor could I play in the towns to which we later moved as they had no hockey programs.

But the first few years were favourable.

Bonus points for the Manon Rheaume reference! :)

Are you guys a div 2, or div 3 team, or is more of a club sport there? Either way, it's pretty cool that you get to play college hockey... I'm just interested about LT's hockey program, as I was unaware they had one until now - I was in talks with the AD at MSU about being a walk-on before I blew my knee out... granted, I was WELL aware of my skill level, even then(this was over 13 years ago) and knew I would be a 4th liner, seeing limited ice time at BEST and was never going past college level at best, but I always wish I could have had the chance to play college hockey...

It was a club team before this year. Now we are a part of the ACHA, so I don't know exactly what division they would call that. We don't go out of state unless we get to a national tournament but we play MSU, U of D, Davenport, among other teams, so it's pretty cool. If I had to guess I would say it is division 3. But that is just a guess.

Too bad about your knee though. Would have been awesome to be part of their varsity program.

It was a club team before this year. Now we are a part of the ACHA, so I don't know exactly what division they would call that. We don't go out of state unless we get to a national tournament but we play MSU, U of D, Davenport, among other teams, so it's pretty cool. If I had to guess I would say it is division 3. But that is just a guess.

Too bad about your knee though. Would have been awesome to be part of their varsity program.

Very cool about LT, good luck this upcoming season and keep us posted on how you guys do!