• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

I could have made it to the NHL!

Rate this topic

I had learned to skate as a child.

Same here. And I'll add, if I started playing hockey as a kid. I've played Baseball my entire life, hockey I started playing when I was 13, by that time, it was to little to late. I was at 13, and still am, years behind my friends. Plus I don't really want to play hockey, I'd rather watch the Red Wings play. Baseball and Football (Flag Football now) I want to play.

Not Canadian I'm guessing? Canadians are basically baptized on ice water with skates on :cool:

Right, I'm in the huge minority as a Canadian. As mentioned, playing sports I'm a Baseball and Football (Flag now) guy. Nothing beats sports outside on the grass in the sun. :cool:

I'll let you guys know what holds me back in the future. I'm 17 years old playing 18AAA hockey. After D1 College comes around, I guess It's only time to find out.

I have the size ( 6'2 175 lbs.) and I have the skill. But the odds are stacked against me. My knees have always been bad, and Ive had more than one disease diagnosed in them.

Adding to my knee injuries Ive broken my wrists 7 times, and have had 5 concussions. I have scars all over my face from sticks and having to get stitches.

I would love to be able to reach the NHL, but with my injury history, it's likely teams would be scared to take a shot. Despite size and skill :/

I'll let you guys know what holds me back in the future. I'm 17 years old playing 18AAA hockey. After D1 College comes around, I guess It's only time to find out.

I have the size ( 6'2 175 lbs.) and I have the skill. But the odds are stacked against me. My knees have always been bad, and Ive had more than one disease diagnosed in them.

Adding to my knee injuries Ive broken my wrists 7 times, and have had 5 concussions. I have scars all over my face from sticks and having to get stitches.

I would love to be able to reach the NHL, but with my injury history, it's likely teams would be scared to take a shot. Despite size and skill :/

Ouch, reading through that made me cringe. Good luck and I really hope you don't get injured again. Just remember there's other things in life that you want to be able to enjoy, don't completely wreck yourself for just one of them.

I could have made it in the NHL if I hadn't blown out my shoulder in the military :P

(played in High school, but got caught up at 17 with the post 9/11 patriotism and enlisted on my 17th birthday).

Edited by Shaman464

Bonus points for the Manon Rheaume reference! :)

Not only would I have been the second woman to play in the NHL (3 if you count Sid<--in before someone else) but I would also have answered the question posed long ago on this Forum as to whether or not a morbidly obese person could be an effective goaltender by simply taking up all of the space in the net.

Not only would I have been the second woman to play in the NHL (3 if you count Sid<--in before someone else) but I would also have answered the question posed long ago on this Forum as to whether or not a morbidly obese person could be an effective goaltender by simply taking up all of the space in the net.

:thumbup: for the bolded part

Lol if my highschool had a team and if I was juiced up on 'roids I mightve had a chance.

Agility sports usually aren't really helped by steroids in the traditional sense... now, other PED's... that's a different story...

I've always wondered how much of that actually is in the NHL... always came across as the cleanest of the big 4 to me...

only one way to find out... if you have the opportunities, skill and doctors to get past it, then don't look at it in the defeatist sense... look at it as you WILL make it and work to get there and if it doesn't happen, oh well, at least you gave it your all, but as soon as you start doubting yourself, you're already setting yourself up for failure...

that was my inspirational speech for the day, haha

now get to the gym and train damnit - No one ever got good at hockey from message-boarding, more practice for you! :D

It's been 1 of those fun middle of the summer topics...GS&T started one a few years ago; "What NHL'er are you, and why?"

I said I was Komisarek :blush:

why would you put yourself down like that?!? :)

if I was born 10 years earlier and had a better shot. If I couldn't have been born 10 years earlier, then I'd also need to improve my skating (skating is what really separates NHLers from minor leaguers, more often than not).

hahahaha Doc, I too thought you were an old man. Not sure why but I did.

I played ACHA DIII for Northwood my first 2 years of college (05-06, 06-07). I quit as I was the only person in my fraternity who gave a s***, so I ended up putting all my time into that. We had some pretty good hockey in our North division. It def wasnt the best hockey around, but it was pretty competitive and most of all fun.

Not really fair to beat up on it whoever that was shootin s*** out their mouth. You sound like Steamy Ray Vaughn from South Park.

Do you have any idea yet where you may end up for college?

Not Canadian I'm guessing? Canadians are basically baptized on ice water with skates on :cool:

Unfortunately for my hockey development, no. Born and raised in Detroit. I grew up playing baseball and soccer. Then finally saw the light when a friend kept telling me about how the Dead Things had drafted this kid Stevie Y.

So the Yzerman daughters somehow need to breed with the Lidstrom sons. Luckily there are many ways to facilitate this.

I am also interested in a Gretzky's son and Probert's daughter union.

Some of the Wings kids just need to form a hockey player factory.

Need a bottom six forward? Alright, McCarty's son and Draper's daughter, go at it.

Need a franchise center/defenseman? Yzerman's daugther, Lidstrom's son, you know what to do.

Or how about a goalie? Lidstrom's son and Ozzie's daughter. Do it!

And Brett Lebda's kid, get out of here! You belong to the Ducks or Avs organization. Or maybe that new Abercrombie for kids with the rest of the wannabes.

Some of the Wings kids just need to form a hockey player factory.

Need a bottom six forward? Alright, McCarty's son and Draper's daughter, go at it.

Need a franchise center/defenseman? Yzerman's daugther, Lidstrom's son, you know what to do.

Or how about a goalie? Lidstrom's son and Ozzie's daughter. Do it!

And Brett Lebda's kid, get out of here! You belong to the Ducks or Avs organization. Or maybe that new Abercrombie for kids with the rest of the wannabes.

Looks good on paper, but what if you want a net-front presence who gives good interviews? Homer's boy and Ozzie's girl, of course. But you could end up with a retired goalie who speaks Swenglish. Not sure if the new CBA will allow you to bury that in the minors.

5 concussions and still playing? A kid on our high school team has had 5 and doctors won't clear him to play.