• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#61 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,762 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:08 AM

I'm actually surprised that as many people here have taken it as far as they have... impressive!

I was thinking the same thing...Great thread I think is to thank Posted Image, refreshing this time of year.
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#62 LidstromIsASuperhero

LidstromIsASuperhero

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:12 AM

Lol if my highschool had a team and if I was juiced up on 'roids I mightve had a chance.

#63 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,660 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:13 AM

Oh, yeah, and I could have made it to the NHL if my skates hadn't been white and had TOE PICKS, and if they hadn't put me in a dang tutu.

Money on the board:  Current total: 0

$1 for a goal by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster.  An additional $5 for a series-clinching goal scored by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster. $5 if the other team fails to score against a current Wing goalie after whom I have named a hamster.

Hamsters I have had:  (current Wings highlighted)

Henrik Pavel Tomas Nicklas Dominik

Niklas Matthew Daniel Robert

Johan Andreas Valtteri Jonathan

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

Jordin Damien Gustav James

#64 redwingmachine

redwingmachine

3rd Line Checker

• Gold Booster
  • 369 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:20 AM

I could have made it in the NHL if....

As a kid I wasn't more interested in becoming a Rock Star!!

#65 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:33 AM

Not only would I have been the second woman to play in the NHL (3 if you count Sid<--in before someone else) but I would also have answered the question posed long ago on this Forum as to whether or not a morbidly obese person could be an effective goaltender by simply taking up all of the space in the net.

:thumbup: for the bolded part

Lol if my highschool had a team and if I was juiced up on 'roids I mightve had a chance.

Agility sports usually aren't really helped by steroids in the traditional sense... now, other PED's... that's a different story...

I've always wondered how much of that actually is in the NHL... always came across as the cleanest of the big 4 to me...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#66 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,337 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:36 AM

I'm actually surprised that as many people here have taken it as far as they have... impressive!

It's been 1 of those fun middle of the summer topics...GS&T started one a few years ago; "What NHL'er are you, and why?"

I said I was Komisarek :blush:

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#67 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:41 AM

I'll let you guys know what holds me back in the future. I'm 17 years old playing 18AAA hockey. After D1 College comes around, I guess It's only time to find out.

I have the size ( 6'2 175 lbs.) and I have the skill. But the odds are stacked against me. My knees have always been bad, and Ive had more than one disease diagnosed in them.

Adding to my knee injuries Ive broken my wrists 7 times, and have had 5 concussions. I have scars all over my face from sticks and having to get stitches.

I would love to be able to reach the NHL, but with my injury history, it's likely teams would be scared to take a shot. Despite size and skill :/

only one way to find out... if you have the opportunities, skill and doctors to get past it, then don't look at it in the defeatist sense... look at it as you WILL make it and work to get there and if it doesn't happen, oh well, at least you gave it your all, but as soon as you start doubting yourself, you're already setting yourself up for failure...

that was my inspirational speech for the day, haha

now get to the gym and train damnit - No one ever got good at hockey from message-boarding, more practice for you! :D

It's been 1 of those fun middle of the summer topics...GS&T started one a few years ago; "What NHL'er are you, and why?"

I said I was Komisarek :blush:

why would you put yourself down like that?!? :)

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#68 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,337 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:48 AM

only one way to find out... if you have the opportunities, skill and doctors to get past it, then don't look at it in the defeatist sense... look at it as you WILL make it and work to get there and if it doesn't happen, oh well, at least you gave it your all, but as soon as you start doubting yourself, you're already setting yourself up for failure...

that was my inspirational speech for the day, haha

now get to the gym and train damnit - No one ever got good at hockey from message-boarding, more practice for you! :D

why would you put yourself down like that?!? :)

:lol:

Truth be told it was the summer in which Komisarek wasn't playing for the Habs, and had yet to play as a Leaf...That time he looked as though he was gonna develope into a legit #3/#4 stay at home Dman that GM Burke covets...Needless to say Komisarek hasn't lived up to those standards in Toronto that he had started to set while in Montreal.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#69 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,412 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:26 AM

if I was born 10 years earlier and had a better shot. If I couldn't have been born 10 years earlier, then I'd also need to improve my skating (skating is what really separates NHLers from minor leaguers, more often than not).

#70 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:38 AM

hahahaha Doc, I too thought you were an old man. Not sure why but I did.

I played ACHA DIII for Northwood my first 2 years of college (05-06, 06-07). I quit as I was the only person in my fraternity who gave a s***, so I ended up putting all my time into that. We had some pretty good hockey in our North division. It def wasnt the best hockey around, but it was pretty competitive and most of all fun.

Not really fair to beat up on it whoever that was shootin s*** out their mouth. You sound like Steamy Ray Vaughn from South Park.
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#71 pvilleguru

pvilleguru

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:41 AM

If I didn't grow up in the middle of Alabama. If i was a little bigger than 5'8", 155 lbs. If I had better eye sight or lasic surgery.

#72 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,332 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:46 AM

I'll let you guys know what holds me back in the future. I'm 17 years old playing 18AAA hockey. After D1 College comes around, I guess It's only time to find out.

I have the size ( 6'2 175 lbs.) and I have the skill. But the odds are stacked against me. My knees have always been bad, and Ive had more than one disease diagnosed in them.

Adding to my knee injuries Ive broken my wrists 7 times, and have had 5 concussions. I have scars all over my face from sticks and having to get stitches.

I would love to be able to reach the NHL, but with my injury history, it's likely teams would be scared to take a shot. Despite size and skill :/

Do you have any idea yet where you may end up for college?

Posted Image

#73 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:53 AM

If I had hands like Dats, I am not that built, I am tall but not built, I got speed but need to be tougher.
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#74 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,550 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:59 AM

Not Canadian I'm guessing? Canadians are basically baptized on ice water with skates on :cool:

Unfortunately for my hockey development, no. Born and raised in Detroit. I grew up playing baseball and soccer. Then finally saw the light when a friend kept telling me about how the Dead Things had drafted this kid Stevie Y.

#75 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,487 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:14 AM

I could have made it to the NHL! if..

I didn't like hohos and ding dongs so much=)

Posted Image
Posted Image
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#76 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:01 PM

So the Yzerman daughters somehow need to breed with the Lidstrom sons. Luckily there are many ways to facilitate this.

I am also interested in a Gretzky's son and Probert's daughter union.

Some of the Wings kids just need to form a hockey player factory.

Need a bottom six forward? Alright, McCarty's son and Draper's daughter, go at it.

Need a franchise center/defenseman? Yzerman's daugther, Lidstrom's son, you know what to do.

Or how about a goalie? Lidstrom's son and Ozzie's daughter. Do it!

And Brett Lebda's kid, get out of here! You belong to the Ducks or Avs organization. Or maybe that new Abercrombie for kids with the rest of the wannabes.

#77 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,660 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:38 AM

Some of the Wings kids just need to form a hockey player factory.

Need a bottom six forward? Alright, McCarty's son and Draper's daughter, go at it.

Need a franchise center/defenseman? Yzerman's daugther, Lidstrom's son, you know what to do.

Or how about a goalie? Lidstrom's son and Ozzie's daughter. Do it!

And Brett Lebda's kid, get out of here! You belong to the Ducks or Avs organization. Or maybe that new Abercrombie for kids with the rest of the wannabes.

Looks good on paper, but what if you want a net-front presence who gives good interviews? Homer's boy and Ozzie's girl, of course. But you could end up with a retired goalie who speaks Swenglish. Not sure if the new CBA will allow you to bury that in the minors.

Money on the board:  Current total: 0

$1 for a goal by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster.  An additional $5 for a series-clinching goal scored by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster. $5 if the other team fails to score against a current Wing goalie after whom I have named a hamster.

Hamsters I have had:  (current Wings highlighted)

Henrik Pavel Tomas Nicklas Dominik

Niklas Matthew Daniel Robert

Johan Andreas Valtteri Jonathan

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

Jordin Damien Gustav James

#78 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:13 PM

5 concussions and still playing? A kid on our high school team has had 5 and doctors won't clear him to play.
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#79 Hey man nice shot!

Hey man nice shot!

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 10:01 PM

If i started earlier, If i wouldn't of partyed so much, If i was 3inches taller, If i wasnt old now lol, If i could of scored 111 goals like i did in 2004, and If my school hockey team didn't play in a barn >< lol

#80 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 10:13 PM

...if beer didn't exist.

works every time